over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any guys with SI Joint issues??

Ok so my SI joint has been aggravated for months now, started very very mild then gradually got worse with deadlifts. I gave up desdlifts for good about 2 months ago but can still squat ok with minimal discomfort. If squats made it worse it usually just felt like pressure on the lower back then healed up within a few days. Today was the end squatted 315-365 n back wasn't ready for that . Almost felt like my back caved in or something. I work at a clinic with free care so il get decompression n adjustment therapy monday but still what do you Guys Do about SI joint issues that won't go away? My spine is near 100% had X-rays done last week ... Il thinking il never squat heavy again and maybe have to start with leg press then work with high rep squats 225-275x20 fir working sets...any advice would help I haven't seen many threads on this here

I don't know much about the joint issue, but I have torn a disk so I can understand the back issue.

I love squats and deads, but don't do them heavy for the reason I don't want to jack my back up again. So the best advice that I can give if it hurts don't do it. Take a break from the for awhile and see if it helps.

yea definitely gonna take a few days off here, and not doing squats anymore for a few weeks just focusing on lunges and leg press

Sorry to hear about your back. I've struggled with this issue for a long time now. Hopefully this information will give you some insight. I started to experience pain in my SI joints about 5 years ago. The pain started out of the blue and at first I thought that it was low back pain. After struggling for months not telling anyone, I finally went to the DR and they dx it as SI problems. Generally speaking pain associated with the SI joint is because of inflammation. It isn't an alignment issue usually, as you mentioned in your post. The first treatment I went threw was low dose anti-inflammatory treatment such as, Motrin, Naproxen, Celebrex, and another stronger anti-inflammatory but the name escapes me. I took these NSAID's (non-steroidal-anti-inflammatory) for months without seeing improvement. The pain was progressively getting worse and the majority of my pain would come at night. Especially laying on my side and coming to the seated position. ( Not sure when you experience your pain) After this treatment showed no promise I went to an Anesthesiologist that ran a pain clinic. He treated me several times with epidural steroid injections (ESI inj) This treatment helped short term but not long term and the procedure is pretty difficult to accomplish since the DR is trying to stick a 6 inch needle in between your SI joint. Usually this is achieved with radiology equipment to verify that needle is actually where it needs to be. Anyway, that sucked and I wouldn't recommend it if it ever comes up. After all the Dr's were dumb founded by me they drowned me in narcs and tossed me to the side and I was left to fend for myself. I tried yoga, stretching, heat, cold, spinal adjustments, hip adjustments, nothing worked. I got a membership to a pool and started swimming everyday instead of lifting. My pain significantly improved and I attribute this to the release of pressure from gravity no pushing down on the joint's all day. After a month of swimming everyday my pain was pretty much completely gone. After a few months I had forgotten about my debilitating pain and thought I had cured myself. It came back though and at this point I was ready to throw in the towel and say fk it and we won't go into what was going through my mind. I had an MRI done and it reveled 3 herniated disks. Herniated disks as you probably know can impinge nerves in the spine which cause pain. One of the sure signs of a herniated disk impinging a nerve is if you bend down and touch your toes you would feel whats described as an electrical current radiating down your legs to the balls of your feet. I never had this symptom so I wasn't to concerned about treating the disks. I had an evaluation with a Nero-surgeon and he agreed that I not have surgery since I am so young (28). At this point we started testing my blood for wired disorders which we found. I have a genetic disorder that causes severe inflammation in my back and SI joints. I was put on Humira which is a TNF (tumor-necrosis-factor) suppressant and since being put on this fking horrible medicine which has to be given to you by a Rheumetologist, I have been pain free for about two years now. So my advice to you is:
1. Stop lifting
2. Start swimming
3. Try low dose NSAID's
4. Avoid adjustments cause if you are inflamed its going to make it worse
5. If you're under mental stress try to relieve that if possible

Sorry it was long, hope you feel better brother.

Get you a cybertech si joint belt and ice the hell out of it multiple times per day. I just got over a bad bout of si joint pain.

I had problems with my left SI joint for years. It would flare up from time to time and really interfere with life in general. It always would subside after 1-2 weeks. Last spring I actually managed to displace it - could see it on the x-ray. It hurt so bad I couldn't sit still. I went to an Orthopedic PA that I know is really aggressive with his choice of therapies. He spent 10 minutes filling the length of the SI joint with as much Cortisone as he could get in there. He showed me stretches and movements that would put my SI back in place. 3 days later as I was doing my stretches, I heard and felt a "thunk" in my low back. It hurt like hell for 5 or so seconds and then it felt much better. I have had zero problems with it since. Zero.

Quadsmack-- wow man thats awesome, im probably going to get trigger point injections as well although where i go i dont think its corisone,

2) what kind of stretches are they?

today feels awful normally its ONLY right SI, now feels like both sides are inflamed, feels fine walking or laying down but i cant bend over in any way shape or form or i can not crunch abs much if at all

**broken link removed**

I had this done at Shepherd. I'm in the pain management program. I've had it in my si joint and knees. The doctor inject dextrose into the joints. It feels like syrup being injected. It hurt like hell. The dextrose cause inflammation. The inflammation naturally heals the body. You cant use any NSAIDS or fish oil for a week because you have to let the inflammation come on.

Ok so my SI joint has been aggravated for months now, started very very mild then gradually got worse with deadlifts. I gave up desdlifts for good about 2 months ago but can still squat ok with minimal discomfort. If squats made it worse it usually just felt like pressure on the lower back then healed up within a few days. Today was the end squatted 315-365 n back wasn't ready for that . Almost felt like my back caved in or something. I work at a clinic with free care so il get decompression n adjustment therapy monday but still what do you Guys Do about SI joint issues that won't go away? My spine is near 100% had X-rays done last week ... Il thinking il never squat heavy again and maybe have to start with leg press then work with high rep squats 225-275x20 fir working sets...any advice would help I haven't seen many threads on this here

The leg press is the worst thing you can do for your lower back and si joint my friend. Squats compress your spine. I had to change up my training. Front squats for squats. I'm going to buy a front squat zercher harness when I get the money. Do split squats, lounges, etc.

Capt,
You want the SI joint belt with the pully system on it so you can get that thing tight. I will get you the link to the one I have. I live in metro Atlanta so I went to the place that sells them in Duluth. Cybertech SI Belt

Try not to sit very much. Walk, walk, walk, as much as possible and ice.

my si joint has been bad off and on for 3 years now, i have around 12 exercises i do every morning and night he physio gave me to stretch everything around it it helps manage it and around once a month it flarees up, i use some ibuprofen to get swellling down and stay away from the gym it usually goes within72 hours.

I made the mistake of getting osteopathic adjustments at the start and believe me it makes it a lot worse in the long run.
As far as i have been told by various medical professionals you are stuck with it for life but if you manage it you may rarely notice it, depressing but tats what years of gym abuse can do.

Capt,
Hows your gait? One thing I've learned about SI joint paint is to pay attention on how your walking. I went roller skating with my daughter a while back and skated a few laps and said I'm going back in retirement forever. It messed up my right ankle somehow. I wasn't giving it much thought as I was limping around. Then I was in the gym warming up and bam it hit me.

Anytime a ankle, knee, or hip is thrown off makes your very susceptible for SI joint problems.

I've actually displaced my SI Joint at least twice that I know of for certain. A few other times I think it's been VERY close. It is debilitating pain, and for me, the first time I was laid up for almost a whole month. I can manage squats quite well, but any bent over movements are out. Leg presses for me bothers it at times if I go too deep.....

My chiro was essential in getting me back on track....I go every 2-3 weeks now to stay healthy. I can sense when it may be ready to move by soreness....

Last edited:
Hendawg

gait is fine, only thing i notice after yesterdays squat injury is that im leaning forward a bit like an old man, hurts to stand with correct posture, feels slightly better today, more loose etc but still very painful to bend at all and or twist

Steel1970

are you a bodybuilder or athlete? what does your leg workout look like now? after reviewing my videos i realize i was a dumbass and going too low on squats that you can see where all the pressure is going straight to my back...

Steel1970

are you a bodybuilder or athlete? what does your leg workout look like now? after reviewing my videos i realize i was a dumbass and going too low on squats that you can see where all the pressure is going straight to my back...

I'm a bodybuilder. I don't shy away from any popular leg movements really. During my prep I did drop squats simply because my back had been iffy for a bit and I didn't wanna take a chance of injury during prep. I do squats, hacks, leg press to 90 degrees, no deeper, smith front squats, whatever. It's usually ok on legs, it's back thickness movements I have issues with. Any type row for me needs to be supported. Any time I'm holding weight in front of me and bending its like a time bomb.....Floor deads are out, BUT I do rack deads just above the knee with good weight with no issues.....

Any type row for me needs to be supported. Any time I'm holding weight in front of me and bending its like a time bomb.....Floor deads are out, BUT I do rack deads just above the knee with good weight with no issues.....

im with ya there man, barbell rows and deads are out, then again ive never felt shit from barbells, ive done them explosive, slow, slow and hold contraction, still nothing so no loss there

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131