advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any hardcore gyms on westside of Houston?

Big D 51

Registered
I moved to Houston this past weekend to work for a company. I went to an LA Fitness but not really my cup of tea. Is there any hardcore gyms in the area? Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated.

Will be in the area tomorrow....visiting my daughter, I will check around. I bought her a 1 yr membership to a gym but really not sure which one it was.....She lives in the northwest part of Houston. She said there are hardcore gyms in Houston but again not really sure where.

Thank you guys so much. I knew that guy at la fitness was lying to me. I work for BP which is westside of Houston. I'm staying near I-10 and hwy 8 ( I think that's the name). I've only been here for two days so trying to figure my way around.

BP has three different gyms on their campus but figure the corporate people would think I'm weird if they see me throwing up, chalking up, grunting, or anything else in that nature.

Thank again.

Just searched metroflex on my iPhone app and metroflex is 4 miles from my apartment. He'll yeah. I'll check it out tomorrow and let you guys know how it is.

no, we're talking about down in Houston, not arlington.

Update incase someone searches for this same information again.

I went to Metroflex and its metroflex you read about :headbang:. Out front is a big tire spray painted red with metroflex painted on it in white. No air condition and hot as hell in Texas. Writing and graffiti all over the wall. No water fountain. Dumbbells up to 200lbs and dirty as crap. Music wide open. Shirts off and whatever else you want to do. Chalk buckets laying around. Chains on dip bar and random places. Tons of power lifting equipment.

Just perfect and what I was looking for. :headbang:

Thank you two for guiding me in the right direction. I knew when I asked the manager at LA Fitness "does any freaks train here" and he stated "What is a freak", I immediately knew I was at the wrong place.

Update incase someone searches for this same information again.

I went to Metroflex and its metroflex you read about :headbang:. Out front is a big tire spray painted red with metroflex painted on it in white. No air condition and hot as hell in Texas. Writing and graffiti all over the wall. No water fountain. Dumbbells up to 200lbs and dirty as crap. Music wide open. Shirts off and whatever else you want to do. Chalk buckets laying around. Chains on dip bar and random places. Tons of power lifting equipment.

Just perfect and what I was looking for. :headbang:

Thank you two for guiding me in the right direction. I knew when I asked the manager at LA Fitness "does any freaks train here" and he stated "What is a freak", I immediately knew I was at the wrong place.

That's where I train when in houston so I knew it would be what you're lookin for.

no, we're talking about down in Houston, not arlington.

Thought I read that when he goes to the Houston area that is where he trains??? :)

I moved to Houston this past weekend to work for a company. I went to an LA Fitness but not really my cup of tea. Is there any hardcore gyms in the area? Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated.

Try Hank's Gym in Bellaire. It's on the SW side off Chimney Rock and 59.
It's hardcore and old school and I think you'll like it.

Metroflex sounds great. Not many of those gyms left in some cities. I started training in the 60's and have trained in some hard core gyms. We always left the back door open for easy access to the puke alley. None left like that in close proximity to me. My only hardcore experience now is talking to Casey Viator when he comes in. He has great stories about the Olympias, the competitors etc. Best of trainig to you.

One 2 One off Richmond Ave. is also one of the "hardcore" Houston Gyms. IFBB Pro John Sherman trains his clients there.
There is also Houston Gym off Durham and I-10.

i use to go to a harcore gym with 165 lb dumbells and everything heavy duty but it was piss hole place, and now i enjoy having a nice facilty thats still fairly harcore at la and theres some chciks to look at to

I have a friend that work for BP also...he might work in the same building as you...off of I-10...kind of like a green building

I know I'm super late at replying.

One 2 One off Richmond Ave. is also one of the "hardcore" Houston Gyms. IFBB Pro John Sherman trains his clients there.
There is also Houston Gym off Durham and I-10.

Awesome. Thanks for the information. I know where Richmond is now so I will check out One 2 One.

I currently have membership at LA Fitness near work and Metroflex. Metroflex is more my type gym; however, sucks digging for weight and etc when you don't have a partner. Traffic and what muscle that needs to be trained that day depends on where I go.

I have a friend that work for BP also...he might work in the same building as you...off of I-10...kind of like a green building

Yup, that's it. It's a total of 5 office buildings including a daycare and a healthcare facility as well. It's a nice place.

Try Gold's on Highway 6 north of I-10 and Costa's Gym. I haven't been to Costa's in a while so don't know if lifers are hardcore bodybuilding or not. Anyone?...I'd like to know also.

Metroflex Houston idk if anyone said that but go check it out its off westpark Dr. Google it

buy a gun...Houston is a shithole

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting