advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any help With Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training? (Bjj)

babygetoboy

Registered
Hey guys, I was a bodybuilder for a while but have recently switched over to just doing BJJ and really love it and would like to focus on that. I was looking for help with a routine that would help with my cardio, flexibility and lean out to best help with jiu jitsu.

Thanks in advance for the help.

not so much directly related to bjj, but great for getting in shape (cardio, flexablitiy, leaning out), download the official British army fitness guide.

Last edited:
Pick up a copy of Bas Rutten's Big DVDs of Combat.

He's got an awesome routine for getting in good fighting shape. There may be a torrent you can download, but if El Guapo finds out you didn't pay him for it he may come to your house and "liver shot" you into a coma.

BJJ requires a good deal of flexibility, so make sure you cover that.

The rest is basic martial arts routine, core, strength, cardio, etc...

Keep lifting, use sumo squats and deadlifts for high reps lower weights, short rest between sets. That will get your posterior chain very strong which is what BJJ is all about. Your cardio will get where it needs to be fast if you are rolling at least 30-45 mins 3x a week.

I carry a gun. I don't want my arm broken.

BJJ is one of the worst things you can use on an unpredictable situation on the streets.

:yeahthat:

krav maga is the way to go!

Since you will probably be able to muscle your way into or out of subs, make sure you don't rely on that and learn proper technique

BJJ is one of the worst things you can use on an unpredictable situation on the streets.

why is that? Coming from a street fighting background now doing MMA ive found jits to be very helpful in the couple of brawls ive been in since training. Both i doubt i would have one with out it.

to the OP....most of us at my gym eat paleo diet or a version of it. Body weight, core, time on the mat.

why is that?

Very simple: grappling works on 1-1 fighting.

At least around here if you get into trouble with somebody their friends, neighbors and relatives will show up in 10 seconds to kick your head or beat you up with a baseball bat.

And on the streets, you never know when someone has a gun. Better not be close to them on the ground if they have one.

The best skill you can have on real street situations is speed and agility to run away from the scene. Once you engage, anything can happen.

Krav Maga, BJJ, Karate, nothing like this works. And martial arts can even kill you giving you some confidence you shouldn't have in a life threatening situation.

Last edited:
you have a point i guess. I dont live in the ghetto so its still pretty safe to throw down outside of a bar or club. Fighting is fun shit...you just have to find someone that thinks the same and not some little bitch that likes to run his mouth and then gets scared and pulls something when he has to back it up.

you have a point i guess. I dont live in the ghetto so its still pretty safe to throw down outside of a bar or club. Fighting is fun shit...you just have to find someone that thinks the same and not some little bitch that likes to run his mouth and then gets scared and pulls something when he has to back it up.

this doesn't make sense, but I guess you are too pussy to come to my ghetto and fight me so meh no need to worry.

I don't live in the ghetto either, but you really never know what a drunk individual with a knife or a gun in his pocket can do.

Fighting in streets is not fun. It's a dangerous practice that can get you in a coffin. I have kids to take care of so, not for me.

I don't live in the ghetto either, but you really never know what a drunk individual with a knife or a gun in his pocket can do.

Fighting in streets is not fun. It's a dangerous practice that can get you in a coffin. I have kids to take care of so, not for me.

We have the same logic on the matter you just expressed it better lol. I guess we probably already learned from our experience. And anything can happen all I have to do is look at the two stab wounds in my chest to remind me.

this doesn't make sense, but I guess you are too pussy to come to my ghetto and fight me so meh no need to worry.

um yeah i dont go to ghettos, trailer parks, none of that shit. Poor uneducated people suck....good luck with your super tough ghetto though bro!:rolleyes:

um yeah i dont go to ghettos, trailer parks, none of that shit.

So, you drive your father's car to some parking lot and brawls with another dude in your expensive clothes and shoes?

Sorry, my friend, this is not exactly "having a street fighting background" as you claim.

I'll go ahead and say that you're a spoiled kid who's got no idea of what the real world is about. Someone who lives in a bubble shouldn't really have an opinion about these things.

um yeah i dont go to ghettos, trailer parks, none of that shit. Poor uneducated people suck....good luck with your super tough ghetto though bro!:rolleyes:

I guess you know me ohh soo well man.

bjj is only good for going to the ground. not good if a buddy comes in and bashes your head in while on the ground. i train in the bujinkan and in toshindo. we train to take the opponent out as quickly as possible. we use the attackers momentum against them. every art offers something unique to the table. every art has their weak points.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear