advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any ideas on how Christmas work in China?

Alliance Raws-Zoe

Registered
Merry Christmas, my dear PM friends. I guess you guys are busy with your family reunion right now. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday and enjoy time spending with your beloved family members. Here, I would also like to show you Chinese Christmas. And mainly how we celebrate your Christmas.

Firstly, Christmas tree(not real tree but made by plastic,wire or other material) are everywhere in shopping malls, every business men take this opportunity to have many promotion to attract customers, they will prepare it several days in advance. So, on this day, there is a strong Christmas atmosphere if you hang out with your friends to make a purchase or having a meal.

**broken link removed**

Secondly, the day before Christmas is called Christmas Eve which is also very important festival as we need to eat apples on this day. The pronunciation of Christmas Eve in Chinese “Ping” is the same with apple, which means ‘be safe all the time’. So it is thought that eating apple will make people safe. In high school, the person who received a lot of apples from his or her classmates must be very popular in a class. The truth is, the idea eating apples on Christmas Eve is all brought about by fruit traders. The price of apple will double or triple on Christmas Eve. I don't buy it and nor do I send to others because it makes no sense to me.

**broken link removed**

Thirdly, Christmas is only for young people,especially for young couples. Children, old people and parents in their 30s or 40s do not celebrate Christmas. Of course, there are also few Chinese family help their kids having Christmas,send gifts and that’s all. In China, people can always turn all kinds of festivals to Valentine’s day, strange thing, right?

**broken link removed**

Last but not the least. The appearance of Santa has changed this year in China somehow. This old actor who is regarded as Chinese Santa suddenly becomes very popular nowadays. I still don’t get it actually but this picture which is a screenshot origin from a TV play and now goes virus through the internet recently.

**broken link removed**

All in all, unlike you guys really had a traditional and meaningful festival, Christmas is rather commercialized in China. It’s all about having dinner with friends or among younger couples outside or gifts and apples to send and receive among school teenagers.

Would you like to share some happiness with me about your Christmas? And what do you think our Chinese Christmas?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131