over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any legit OTC muscle building supps?

T.C. Luoma and Bill Phillips and (supposedly) Dan Duchaine all share the blame for that particular marketing strategy. Gotta give them credit, it moved a lot of product and made a lot of money for Phillips, and you can't fault a man for putting food on the table for his family. Unfortunately, Phillips made money by selling out, and a lot of us who were bodybuilders at the time, and who wasted money on HMB, will never forgive him.

Lord, if I only could get back some of the money I've wasted on supplements over the decades since the 1980's. A small fortune, to say the least. I know some of it helped, but mostly that money could have been put to better use buying good food and drugs. But most of us have to learn that lesson the hard way.

Tip: Feels Like Deca? | T Nation (t-nation.com)
I'd really like to know what Dan meant by that. I'd pay a lot of money to hear it if he were only alive still. One can only speculate

T.C. Luoma and Bill Phillips and (supposedly) Dan Duchaine all share the blame for that particular marketing strategy. Gotta give them credit, it moved a lot of product and made a lot of money for Phillips, and you can't fault a man for putting food on the table for his family. Unfortunately, Phillips made money by selling out, and a lot of us who were bodybuilders at the time, and who wasted money on HMB, will never forgive him.

Lord, if I only could get back some of the money I've wasted on supplements over the decades since the 1980's. A small fortune, to say the least. I know some of it helped, but mostly that money could have been put to better use buying good food and drugs. But most of us have to learn that lesson the hard way.

Tip: Feels Like Deca? | T Nation (t-nation.com)
I forgive Bill Phillips for any and all wrongdoings because he made Myoplex a thing! God, that stuff was incredible tasting. A true highlight of the 90's

I forgive Bill Phillips for any and all wrongdoings because he made Myoplex a thing! God, that stuff was incredible tasting. A true highlight of the 90's

I loved Bill Phillips for introducing me to the caffeine/ephedrine/aspirin stack, for giving Dan Duchaine a platform to write what he wanted, for the original issues of MM2K, and even for the first batches of Met-RX, which were really good. He gave underground bodybuilding a public voice and told some of the truth, for a while.

And then he trashed his legacy by selling out all his ideals to make a fortune with the Body For Life crowd. Can't blame him for making a buck, but the way he did it really was a stab in the back to the bodybuilders who made him. Just sad, but I will remember the fond memories from the beginning before it all went bad.

I loved Bill Phillips for introducing me to the caffeine/ephedrine/aspirin stack, for giving Dan Duchaine a platform to write what he wanted, for the original issues of MM2K, and even for the first batches of Met-RX, which were really good. He gave underground bodybuilding a public voice and told some of the truth, for a while.

And then he trashed his legacy by selling out all his ideals to make a fortune with the Body For Life crowd. Can't blame him for making a buck, but the way he did it really was a stab in the back to the bodybuilders who made him. Just sad, but I will remember the fond memories from the beginning before it all went bad.
Yep, i agree, and don't forget the booklet on steroids he was selling, what was that called again? Anabolic Reference Guide?

Yep, i agree, and don't forget the booklet on steroids he was selling, what was that called again? Anabolic Reference Guide?

I still have it in my bookcase! It was like the Bible of AAS back in the day.

Before opening the thread this came to mind. Never tried it, but mildly intrigued.
Anyone here use it, noticed increased soreness that definitely wasn't placebo?
It's a bit expensive, is it available anywhere cheaply "in bulk"?

Even if "effective" it might be hard to measure results that you could definitely pin on something like this. But say it could add even a pound of muscle over say 6-12 months it would be worth it to me. But how would you know what did what?

I used it and it definitely gives a significant pump and made me extra sore. I only used it off cycle.

I have an old knee injury and it's bad knees for me to take it on leg day, as my knee got bad inflammation.

Enhanced Athlete has some and it's legit.

I read it but it was so long ago I don't remember anything. I was just a kid and really naive but I guess he was selling something, probably not publishing it for information purposes only?
His OTC supplement guide was just an ad pretty much.

I used it and it definitely gives a significant pump and made me extra sore. I only used it off cycle.

I have an old knee injury and it's bad knees for me to take it on leg day, as my knee got bad inflammation.

The product I can get the easiest in the EU is the Llewellyn one. But it's very expensive. I asked a friend who is in the supplement industry to see if he could get me AA in some form in bulk but I think he forgot about it lol. Is Llewellyn's patents keeping the price high?

I’m using Enhanced AA product. The pumps are legit.

Ive always been a fan of simple old school supps.
HMB @ 5g per day
Creatine @ 5g per day
Isolate protein (35-50g post w/o only)
EAA/BCAA (during w/o)

Stewie, Let me ask your opinion when it comes to running AA.. what’s the longest you would recommend someone cycle AA for? A couple weeks, or longer? Obviously we are talking about guys who train hard and have plateaued. I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts. Thanks

Speaking in absolutes is something I generally try to stray away from.

I personally wouldn't supplement with it for any less than 4-6 weeks, if not a bit longer.

Keep in mind you're triggering signalling communications mediators of skeletal muscle hypertrophy, i.e., ribosome biogenesis and activation of platelet-derived growth factors that's influencing mRNA translation capacity-efficiency, as well, activation and proliferation of myogenic progenitor cells.

I don't foresee short-term bouts as you're suggesting to render much in accumulative responsiveness towards hypertrophy.

Speaking in absolutes is something I generally try to stray away from.

I personally wouldn't supplement with it for any less than 4-6 weeks, if not a bit longer.

Keep in mind you're triggering signalling communications mediators of skeletal muscle hypertrophy, i.e., ribosome biogenesis and activation of platelet-derived growth factors that's influencing mRNA translation capacity-efficiency, as well, activation and proliferation of myogenic progenitor cells.

I don't foresee short-term bouts as you're suggesting to render much in accumulative responsiveness towards hypertrophy.

Stewie,

Any specific brand you personally like?

Stewie,

Any specific brand you personally like?

If it is a capsule with dry powder inside it is the 10% ARA, like the enhanced athlete one. You want SNS X-gels or Molecular Nutrition X-factor they are soft gels and 40%. Look around and you can find them for about $35.

Here I will answer for him. Because he spent a shitload of money buying into 3 guys from Englands marketing that they are the only place on earth to buy Turkesterone from. How do you corner the market on your product? Tell everyone that they can only get legit stuff from you. Its the whole creatine monohydrate and beta alanine story all over again. All the studies were done on creatine monohydrate so everyone tries to corner the market with patents and tweaked versions of creatine monohydrate so they can create their own niche and make money. So remember 3 guys from England because they say so on their site are the only legit guys out there with Turkesterone. No one can even compare. Not even this place https://nektium.com/standardized-extract/ajuga-2-total-ecdysteroids/ And amazingly he is the only person on earth that can FEEL what 20-25% more protein assimilation feels like. Thats what turkesterone is good for...it will up protein utilization....

I tweaked Abolics formula already with what I felt was a better Quercetin phospholipid with studies showing a better absorption compared to Emiq (22% compared to 18% if i remember right) and to be honest I was/am considering replacing the Turkesterone with a full spectrum Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract. Those are the lesser ingredients. Again Abolic is 95% about apigenin....its a flavonoid product. That is the key to it and what its about. Currently apigenin's availability has gotten sparce (and price has gone up dramatically). But that compound is the key to it.
I definitely like the consideration of the full spectrum rhaponticum.

Arachidonic acid purportedly whips-up ribosome biogenesis increasing RNA translational capacity.

They say it promotes hypertrophy. Give it a whirl.
I got really bad tendonitis in my elbows when I was using Arachidonic Acid. Then I cam across a quote from Patrick Arnold criticizing William Llewellyn and saying that the inflammation caused by Arachidonic Acid could be very dangerous. From my personal experience I would have to agree with Patrick Arnold on this one.

I got really bad tendonitis in my elbows when I was using Arachidonic Acid. Then I cam across a quote from Patrick Arnold criticizing William Llewellyn and saying that the inflammation caused by Arachidonic Acid could be very dangerous. From my personal experience I would have to agree with Patrick Arnold on this one.

Oh yeah. I believe I know which conversation you're referencing? Unless you have another one you might have tucked away you wanna share?

I've known Patrick (on a personal level) since he moved to Champaign, I'll back around 98' or thereabouts. I was one of the first to guinea pig several of his supplements long before he launched them. I also introduced my brother to Patrick years ago, in which he was a sales rep for him and Lakhan when Ergopharm was the hit supplement line.

Nevertheless, I've had this same conversation with Patrick, he didn't seem to carry the same tone you're describing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws