YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any licensed and practicing veterinarians here?

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Hey guys, my dog needs some heart meds, and I don't want to pay the local vet, nor do I want to wait several months for one of these overseas pharmacies to ship... any of you veterinarians? Send me a P.M....

I found some of that at the veterinary site I use for sterile water.. Ill let yall know if they accept my fake dog prescription and send it out to me... its about $15 for 75 pills if they do
The above is a quote from another forum, where he failed to find a source. I hope no vet is retarded enough to put his license at risk because some idiot is incapable of walking into his GP's office (or a free clinic if you're really that broke) to get a prescription.

The above is a quote from another forum, where he failed to find a source. I hope no vet is retarded enough to put his license at risk because some idiot is incapable of walking into his GP's office (or a free clinic if you're really that broke) to get a prescription.
Fuck off Jeff ... I posted both at the same time ... 👍

Licensed vet (DACVS not cardiology) here but without required examination and recommended testing you only doing your dog a disservice. The most expensive cardiac med is probably pimobendin which is still under $100/month for a dog under 80lbs, you would eat a good portion of that up in shipping. Im more than happy to offer advice and a second opinion and help in any way possible but shipping unprescribed meds is what you read about in newspapers when we lose our license.

Not saying OP is doing this, as I don’t know the whole story, but it’s SEEMS like trying to cut corners and save a minuscule amount of money...

I’ll never understand that.. My dog is my family, my son. All my dogs have been that way...

I’d literally refinance my house, sell my car, shit, I’d bury someone if meant saving my dog’s life...

Legit I have thousands of dollars in receipts to prove it with my past dogs.. I had a beagle with a blood disease (can’t remember what it was called) and the treatment and saving his life cost a couple grand. Then he needed 2 leg surgeries.. 4K each... Yes, you read that right... 4K each... We’d joke around saying he’s a $15,000 dog with all the money we put into just saving him lol... Fucker lived a happy 14 years though. Loved that dog..

Had a basset hound my mom saved that was deadly sick in a puppy mill, right off the bat it was a couple grand to save his life and treat him, he was even on a respirator... Fast forward and he broke his back TWICE playing rough with the other dogs we had (we had a big german Shepard at the time too) and for each surgery it was like 5k... Yup, easily another 15k-20k+ saving and maintaining that dog.. But they’re family. That little guy also lived about 14 years.

Everyone who cares about their pet needs ro look into pet insurance. I use Petplan for both of my dogs, but im thinking about switching over to trupanion at some point. Petplan just cleared my dog to have knee surgery. Theyre going cover like 4 grand of it. My out of pocket is like 500. Not a bad deal.

I spent 14K to give my cat another year, and will do it over with no regrets. He had a cancer removed from his liver, came back a year later and did him in.
Out of curiosity, and I don't mean this in a negative way, but if you can't afford meds for your dog, why did you adopt ? Pets can get very expensive especially if you don't have insurance.

Everyone who cares about their pet needs ro look into pet insurance. I use Petplan for both of my dogs, but im thinking about switching over to trupanion at some point. Petplan just cleared my dog to have knee surgery. Theyre going cover like 4 grand of it. My out of pocket is like 500. Not a bad deal.
I have looked at insurance but can't see a great saving. The several thousand dollars that you spend over the life span is way more then the amount of medical problems I have had with any of my critters over the last 40 years. And the price of premiums when they get older goes up a lot, that is if they don't drop you altogether. I spent several thousand on my guy earlier this year but am still money ahead with saving and investing those premium monies myself.

Dogs are family. I remember spending $5k out of pocket on my dog to have emergency surgery....poor guy died the next day at 10. I loved that lab, Oliver.

I spend $75 a month for Trupanion. Worth every penny. They cover my pup's allergy medication which almost makes the $75 a wash.

My female GSD has torn ACL in both knees. The vet said she gets around good and doesn't want to do surgery. She had her left knee fixed in 2012 when she was 4. He gave her vetprofen, tramadol and gabapentin for 8 weeks while doing laser therapy for a week. He's pleased with her results and has her on gabapentin forever. I'll do whatever it takes to take care of her. She's my baby.

Not saying OP is doing this, as I don’t know the whole story, but it’s SEEMS like trying to cut corners and save a minuscule amount of money...

I’ll never understand that.. My dog is my family, my son. All my dogs have been that way...

I’d literally refinance my house, sell my car, shit, I’d bury someone if meant saving my dog’s life...

Legit I have thousands of dollars in receipts to prove it with my past dogs.. I had a beagle with a blood disease (can’t remember what it was called) and the treatment and saving his life cost a couple grand. Then he needed 2 leg surgeries.. 4K each... Yes, you read that right... 4K each... We’d joke around saying he’s a $15,000 dog with all the money we put into just saving him lol... Fucker lived a happy 14 years though. Loved that dog..

Had a basset hound my mom saved that was deadly sick in a puppy mill, right off the bat it was a couple grand to save his life and treat him, he was even on a respirator... Fast forward and he broke his back TWICE playing rough with the other dogs we had (we had a big german Shepard at the time too) and for each surgery it was like 5k... Yup, easily another 15k-20k+ saving and maintaining that dog.. But they’re family. That little guy also lived about 14 years.

Just reading this one reply from you id know we'd get along in person. Love my dog like family and all the ones before him.

Just FYI I'm not trying to save a miniscule amount of money 😁

In all honesty I want to get extra beta blockers for myself and I found them extremely cheap on domestic veterinary sites (I can get them overseas without a prescription for the same price but would have two wait two months shipping time because of Covid) but of course veterinary sites don't want to sell me them without a prescription from a vet so..

My last dog, a golden retriever, had an enlarged heart diagnosed when she was 11/12 years. Her symptoms were a little coughing when excited an on the lead starting a walk and on a hot day she was collapsing due to overheating.
my dog https://www.animalpicturesociety.com/golden-retriever-dog-picture-247b

An xray showed her heart was grossly enlarged and she was put on furosemide and Fortekor. She survived until she was 14 when she began to show signs of kidney failure and another drug was added to the mix. The vet told me to let her do what she wanted, run as far as she wanted and let her enjoy herself, I suspect he didn't think she had very long. We had to keep a careful eye on her when it was hot and a cool coat helped to keep her from getting too hot. She eventually died when she 14.5 years and the vet did say to me he was amazed she lasted so long and only thought she had six months from when she was diagnosed.

It does sound as if your little dog is not very well, Jodi didn't cough very much at all after she started on the meds and really it was just a matter of making sure she was kept cool. I knew the time had come to let her go when she stopped eating and didn't want to go out very much, just long enough to toilet. Her breathing became worse and I didn't want her to suffer any longer and made the difficult decision and took her to see the vet.

Dogs are family. I remember spending $5k out of pocket on my dog to have emergency surgery....poor guy died the next day at 10. I loved that lab, Oliver.

Theyre almost more than family in many ways. My little Willow gives me the loving my heart never knew it needed, no matter what.

If you believe in the Lord or any hgiher power, domestic animalas were our greatest gift imo. Women and children are great, but theres something about a bond with a dog that you saved from being euthanized or a life on the street that makes it all feel so wonderful 100% of the time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws