over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any medical device reps here?

chinaboy

Kilo Klub Member
Is anyone here a medical device rep? I have the opportunity to apply for a local position. Not sure if I really want the position but think I would be good at it as I work on the other end, working the doctors who use the products the rep sells.

I current work about 40 hours a week and find this allows me to still train and enjoy free time which is very important to me. Im worried being a rep that I would be required to put in 50-70 hour weeks and travel more than Id like.

The money would be nice but I dont want to exchange money for quality of life.

Anyone here a medical device rep? Or pharm rep? Where you still able to train and maintain life? How many hours week did you put in? Was it worth it?

I tried after collage, if your a male you need to be VERY good looking and smart, if youre a women just good looking.

So my buck teeth and huge mole on my nose wont go over well. Shux.

Actually. I would say im equal good looking to any male medical device rep I have met.

Male pharm reps generally are a bit more attractive then myself Ill admit. But I got muscles...

collage? i can see why you didn't do well

I'm a mathematician, on a mobile, with fat fingers :delete:

Actually. I would say im equal good looking to any male medical device rep I have met.

Male pharm reps generally are a bit more attractive then myself Ill admit. But I got muscles...

They aren't worried about your IQ or background really. All they want is schmucks who can regurgitate sales pitches and fake statistics.

Last edited:

They aren't worried about your IQ or background really. All they want is schmucks who can regurgitate sales pitches and fake statistics.

You most likely are talking pharm reps. The job im looking at i would be going into procedure rooms for spine injection type procedures and giving pointers where to place devices along with the sales portion. I know what you mean though. A hot girl that holds a graph sells pills for sure.

I've often wondered about this myself. As an RN we see reps very frequently due to med technology constantly evolving. From pain & IV pumps to specialty beds, cardiac monitors, bladder scanners...list goes on and on. I wouldn't say that the reps are extra ordinarily attractive, but they do know their product. They tend to remind me of car salesmen to be honest. Might be a great way to meet new people if your single. Traveling is a great excuse to avoid commitment;)

Well damn I would be perfect.

Is anyone here a medical device rep? I have the opportunity to apply for a local position. Not sure if I really want the position but think I would be good at it as I work on the other end, working the doctors who use the products the rep sells.

I current work about 40 hours a week and find this allows me to still train and enjoy free time which is very important to me. Im worried being a rep that I would be required to put in 50-70 hour weeks and travel more than Id like.

Anyone here a medical device rep? Or pharm rep? Where you still able to train and maintain life? How many hours week did you put in? Was it worth it?

I worked in the field after college for 2 years. The money and benefits were awesome, but was always on the road and probably averaged 60+ hours/week.

Training and diet definitely suffered a bit, although my company did pay for all the day passes to the various gyms I would train at throughout the country during trips, which was nice...

There was a lot a lot of going out and socializing, a lot of drinking, and a lot of drugs, lol... Can't even say how many times I'd wake up in the morning and go train at some gym wherever we were in the country after only getting a few hours of sleep after a night of getting wicked shitty, lol...

I've been out of that game now for a while and don't really talk to anybody still in it, and I think they've cracked down on a lot of the expense account/wining and dining stuff, so not really sure what that industry is like now...

Last edited:
The industry has changed a lot in the past 10 years for sure. I hear stories of the good old days. There is still some wining and dining going on but notnlike it used to be. Its now illegal to give front desk people pens.

:D:headbang: this actually made me LOL

Oh god, they dont even hire men as drug reps anymore....

But it's very similiar, they dont expect you to know anything just regurgitate what corporate tells them. I know a few guys in med dev and im always blown away with how stupid they are.

You most likely are talking pharm reps. The job im looking at i would be going into procedure rooms for spine injection type procedures and giving pointers where to place devices along with the sales portion. I know what you mean though. A hot girl that holds a graph sells pills for sure.

:D:headbang: this actually made me LOL

Glad my stupidity brought joy to you :rolleyes:

I worked for Stryker Orthopaedic for several years not long ago. I was in finance (so not a rep) but worked closely with the sales reps. They get paid extremely well but also work crazy hours. They would regularly contact me while in the surgery rooms with the doctors asking about items needed but not stocked. What I remember, being on call and in surgeries was a regular thing but compensation was very very nice.

Yeah, if you work for someone like Boston Scientific you are actually in the room during at least part of the surgery when they implant defibrillators. They set up the software I think. The reps also come in to the hospital to interrogate the defibrillators and pacemakers when patients are in the ER. Ive had them come several times. The last one tried to get my heart out of tachycardia using my pacer but was unsuccessful. They have quite a bit of knowledge.

I think most device reps used to be nurses or were in the medical field in some other capacity. All of the ones I know are these days. Pharm reps are just the opposite. Most of them seem to be pure sales background with almost no knowledge in the medical field.

I was in spine for 5 years. If you are already worried about hours then its not a good fit.

I sell the “pocket pussy” and the “fleshlight.” It’s a long, hard job! Always cumming and going. It gets kind of hairy at times.

Attachments

• FBADC8F6-409C-44F6-8275-A35933833B84.jpeg
    FBADC8F6-409C-44F6-8275-A35933833B84.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 64
I was in spine for 5 years. If you are already worried about hours then its not a good fit.

What were you selling? About many hours did you put in for a typical week? Where I work now I would hate more hours but I could see doing more hours a week with something less stressful or more open scheduled. Right now I see patients under a doctor and live 15 minutes by 15 minutes talking to different people all day long. I could see having a more open schedule with some driving, patient interaction and doctor interaction. As long as I could fit in working out and some down time.

Thanks for the incite.

Last edited:
I know working for Stryker, they were a great company to work for with unheard of benefits but it is very hard to get in. I had a person I knew who would be my boss and had to do a three month temp to perm and even though they really wanted me, I had to go through a pretty tedious psych test and 3rd party interview evaluation. If I failed, I would be let go the the next day, no matter how much they wanted me. I saw many fail and gone the next day. Its worth a shot, great pay, cheap benes, nice bonus and a 12% match to the 401K which is unheard of at most companies...good luck

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear