over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any of you chew snuff?

Campeon

Registered
What would be the impact of nicotine in conjunction with fitness and bodybuilding?

I chew snuff sometimes. Any of you do it?

Yea. It's nicotine, so has nicotine like effects (y) Nicotine is a very powerful nootropic and appetite suppressant. Chewing will have far less impact on cardio health than smoking. Not saying it's safe or anything..

I smoked cigarettes for 17 years... age 13 to around 30-31 and started vaping bc it smelled less and wouldnt deter women. I met my lovely future fiancé right after and Id not have had a shot if I smoked bc of the nasty smell to non smokers.

That said, and back on topic, I actually started my tobacco use with Skoal wintergreen in 6th and 7th grade (had nad 8th grade friend who got logs) and we got a helluva buzz. I then off and on would get Copenhagen long cut from time to time. Copenhagen has that saltiness to it that is unmatched imo. I cant do grizzly or longhorn, etc. Then the pouches came along and I could bartend with a pouch in and nobody knew and it made me able to not take smoke breaks.

Id consider getting some pouches but nicotine does have some appetite suppressing qualities until you get used to itm then its not an issue, but it is a stimulant of sorts and you may not feel it but it raises blood pressure.

With my current BP issues Im looking to stop vaping by vaping 0mg nicotine, which is still not great, or quitting smoking/vaping how I have before for 6 months which was pouches. I only started again bc I used to drink and now I do not drink. I straw taste certain cocktails to check quality and thats about it.

The pouches dont get in your teeth either so I prefer them... Copenhagens salty pouches only. How long have you dipped?

You said chew but I assume thats the lingo where youre from for any oral tobacco bc chew here means Redman or Levi Garret tobacco leaves that make you spit a gallon of motor oil. That used to be only for when I went fishing when younger, It surprisingly tastest the best. Actual chew is sweet, its just messy and hard to hide.

If you can quit then quit though, but dipping wont hinder gains as much as the carcinogens that cigarettes have. Vaping is ater vapor so its more likely to cause pneumonia they say, but it doesnt have tar and many of the other additives if you get quality juice.

The stuff you hear on the news people always bring up I have to show them that its most times from THC carts. Another thing I used to love but despise now. I went from daily smoking bud and having a bong collection Id fill with ice, to selling it for a while, to hating the laziness I get for the rest of the day.

So theres an answer and a bunch of other random "just got off work" rambles bc I do that sometimes.

I smoked cigarettes for 17 years... age 13 to around 30-31 and started vaping bc it smelled less and wouldnt deter women. I met my lovely future fiancé right after and Id not have had a shot if I smoked bc of the nasty smell to non smokers.

That said, and back on topic, I actually started my tobacco use with Skoal wintergreen in 6th and 7th grade (had nad 8th grade friend who got logs) and we got a helluva buzz. I then off and on would get Copenhagen long cut from time to time. Copenhagen has that saltiness to it that is unmatched imo. I cant do grizzly or longhorn, etc. Then the pouches came along and I could bartend with a pouch in and nobody knew and it made me able to not take smoke breaks.

Lol, same here. Ive been bartending/serving for over ten years. I used to smoke and use cope long when i was in the marine Corp but then I got out and its hard being a smoker when you're in amazing shape because the comments get old.
I started using the snus pouches because it'd be busy at work bartending and would be hard to get a smoke break. Then about 6 years ago i switched over completely from smoking to snus.
Snus is definitely convenient because you can have it in whenever and no one will know. . I use camel snus mellow. The only one ill ever use. The problem is i use wayy too much. Theres almost never a time that i dont have a couple pouches in. You can even drink with them in but it will kill the flavor a lot quicker.

I would really like to quit because i spend way too much money on snus. I probably by about a dozen tins a week if not more.

I'll hsve to try copes pouches. I didn't know they made any.

Dipped Copenhagen (straight) for over 30 years. Started when I was 16. Never
had a negative effect on training. I quit cold turkey. Easy. Never thought about
it since.

had a negative effect on training. I quit cold turkey. Easy. Never thought about
it since.

For me, it never really was as addictive as cigs, either. I like dipping (cope long cut straight, snuff; Stoker's long cut straight, fine cut natural), and I typically have a tiny bit in while I train, but it's not unusual for me to not dip again the rest of the day. 1 can lasts about a week. I'll tell you what, though, if you get pissed off, the first thing you wanna do is throw a dip in lol It's definitely no harmless drug. And I definitely know of guys who HAVE to have their dip or they go nuts.

I'll take a chew every great once in a while (Levi Garret) maybe 5-6 times a year.
I did it alot more when I was over seas , or dipped.

Skoal for a lot of years. No negative impacts but I feel like quitting might be one of the hardest things I’ll ever have to do. Dipping as I type this post

No but I smoke newports like a fiend though so no judgment from me....really need to quit.

it since.

What was the reason for finally quitting?

What was the reason for finally quitting?

I told myself that I would 'chew' until my dentist noticed anything peculiar. Then during
one cleaning he asked if I chewed. I gave him an evasive answer and quit on the spot.

Well I like Cope straight long cut and Grizzly Wintergreen long cut(that’s why my user name is grizzly lol)
Been chewing 16 years now, it may be bad for you but many high level wrestlers in college all dipped and it is just something we do.
Not healthy but whatever, I enjoy it.
Skoal is crap IMO.... Cope or Grizzly are the best

30 years and counting 2 cans a day roughly, It's the only thing that keeps me sane.

I told myself that I would 'chew' until my dentist noticed anything peculiar. Then during
one cleaning he asked if I chewed. I gave him an evasive answer and quit on the spot.

I admire your will power, funny because I told myself something similar. I’m one of the lucky lucky few, or at least I was, that other than smelling like shit didn’t get any discernible bad effects from smoking, I know because I had quit for months before and nothing changed....other than the smell.

So I had a little pact with myself that once I started feeling it in my breathing, skin and what not that I would stop. Well I have started to feel it and still haven’t stopped....I guess now I’m telling myself that once I start coughing and spitting phlegm I’ll stop.

All bullshit in my head to justify it and I know it, I can’t quit the stuff call me weak call me whatever you want I won’t argue. Chantix works but it also turns you into a nut job somewhat in the same way that tren does, I need to try again....

Copenhagen long cut wintergreen. I can’t fathom quitting. It’s the best part of waking up. Coffee, cope....big ass shit. Carpe diem!!!!

Copenhagen long cut wintergreen. I can’t fathom quitting. It’s the best part of waking up. Coffee, cope....big ass shit. Carpe diem!!!!

What makes this even more ridiculous is that I’m a nurse and have to do patient teaching on why tobacco is bad 😂

“Do as I say, not as I do”

Was a Copenhagen guy for many years when I was younger, but quit many years ago as well. I think I bought 1-2 cans about 7-8 years ago and was chewing at night (before my nightly teeth brushing and bed, while watching TV in my recliner) and the wife never noticed for awhile, so I thought she was fine with it.....how she didn't see the big ass ball of chaw in my lip is beyond me. She found my red SOLO spit cup though and had a FIT! I just gave it back up, it wasn't worth justifying or hiding, and it's not healthy. I let her have this one, but i'd be lying, and it's funny this thread popped up at this time, if I said I haven't thought about buying a can lately:D

I wasn't dating her back when I dipped many years ago, so she never really knew all that. I used to date a girl back when IU was younger who would dip with me. We dated for about 2 years and it was pretty cool. Apparently that didn't work out though. lol

I'd recommend nobody start.....or as Chris Ledoux would say:

{If you don't use this nasty stuff don't start
But if you're hopelessly addicted
I guess you gotta find something good to say about a bad habit
Well hey let's try
Here we go}
Copenhagen, it makes me feel so good
Copenhagen, the way I know it should
Well, I put a little chew in my mouth
Go a-spittin' and a-slobberin' all around the house
That Copenhagen, it makes me feel so good
Well, I took a chew just the other night
And it made me feel just fine
So I grabbed my honey baby
And I pinched her ol' behind
She said, "You better spit out that
Chewin' tobaccer if you wanna kiss
Me on the big ol' smacker"
That Copenhagen, it makes me feel so good
Copenhagen, it makes me feel so good
Copenhagen, the way I know it should
Well, I put a little chew in my mouth
Go hackin'…

I chewed up to two cans daily for over 30 years, switched to Zyn pouches. Not as strong as a mouth full of cope but it’s much cleaner and they don’t have tobacco but they do have nicotine and they help curb the appetite.

I used to chew...I vape now. I don't feel like it affects my weightlifting or appetite as I can eat all day. But I am sure it isn't good for me.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws