advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any of you feel like other guys in the gym dont like you cuz of ur size/strength

could be two reasons....

1) most corporate gyms dont like bodybuilder type people in their gym as it scares most female gym members away. They want to feel comfortable in the gym they go too..hence, the women only gyms... Some gyms in my area do not even allow deadlifts or squats, they say its for insurance...I call BS.

2) If your a wanna be, I would give you a dirty look too. I love watching the 150lb guys doing 1/4 reps, cheating the whole way... or doing that massive 225lb bench and taking it down 2 inches. Or doing SQU's....hence its not a full squat, so my crew started calling them SQU's....or my all time fave, the curls where the elbows never get unbent past 90 degree's, just more like bending over and bending back up....

.... Not saying YOU train like that, but if you do..its not really a dirty look I would give you, but more of like a "your a f'ing joke dude" kinda look. Because in my eyes if you train like that, your just wasting space and taking up gym equipment I could be using.

If your a serious BB'r and train correctly with proper form... then its probably issue number 1. I don't know how many whispers i get behind my back only hearing a couple words.. but you get the gist of it too when you hear something like "well if I took what he does, I would look like that too".. Can't say they are talking about me, but I hear shit like that all the time from comming from somewhere behind me... I mean I don't think of myself as a "big dude"..I am far from cutler or ronnie... hell i would even call myself soft right now.... 275ish (depending on water that day)... bodyfat is probably in the 10-12 range as some abs are still visable... maybe I just have a distorted self image... I was a chubby kid, so no matter how I look I always feel chubby...

As long as you train with proper form and dont try to use weight you can't handle properly, screw everyone else and what they think or say!! Don't give them a reason to talk about you by doing pull downs and using your entire body to pull it down. (not saying you do this, but you know the type)

branch and ronnie fit that type...cutler is the king of half curls..lol

I have seen them train doing real stuff...i think half the time they are trying to go super heavy for the camera. Don't get me wrong though partials have their place, but in all seriousn'ess you know the type I am talking about....the type when they are doing lat pull downs, I am afraid they are gonna hit the back of their head on the floor.

I have seen them train doing real stuff...i think half the time they are trying to go super heavy for the camera. Don't get me wrong though partials have their place, but in all seriousn'ess you know the type I am talking about....the type when they are doing lat pull downs, I am afraid they are gonna hit the back of their head on the floor.
the dave pulcinella row..lol..I totally agree with what your sayin but sometimes I think you just have to grab some heavy ass weight and do work..with that said I guess when your advanced you know when to turn it off..:D

Exactly.

If they are looking at you, they are either impressed, or they view you as a threat.

Either way, it shouldnt effect you at all.

the part that would maybe wory me if they thought as me as a threat, and were part also jealous, maybe they would want to be some bitches one day and fuck up my car or something, maybe just a crazy thought

Everyone seems to like me a my Gym.

People like to watch me squat, but other than that the cable machine only goes to 300lbs (Lat pull down), Db only go to 100lbs and never had anybody interested in watching me do calves.

You must have a hardcore Bally's that has much more weight, cause I don't think anybody at my Gym is impressed.

ya Db's only up to 100 so i bring my own that you add the standard weights on, and that seems to be my biggest attraction, which i can get like 140's on. the standingcalve raises machine i can get like 16 plates, seated calve raise like 9 plates, the lat pulls go up to 200 but i add plates hanging on a bolt that slides in were the pin goes, so on that one people can see im abusing equipment, but i have no other choice, but to do one handed but that sucks and more time. so my weights arent that seroius , but at the average ballys i guess it gets you some stares

the part that would maybe wory me if they thought as me as a threat, and were part also jealous, maybe they would want to be some bitches one day and fuck up my car or something, maybe just a crazy thought

It is.

nothing threatining about some guy liftin weights..do you wear a tapout or affiction shirt? that could be the problem..

Blast the Ipod and train balls to the wall
why are you even focusing on anyone else; and their comments
you shouldnt even notice them or hear them
you should be TRAINING ....
makes me wonder why you are there??????

hater will be haters....but it takes a real man to admit that a complete stranger is bigger/stronger and looks better than you

You might be right, however......between the three of them they have 12 Mr Olympia titles about a dozen second place Olympia trophies (give or take a couple) and are probably three of the top 5 highest paid bodybuilders in the business. Kind of hard to knock their training styles with that resume. ;)

I don't pay much attention to them anymore.

Before I started advanced supplementation, (which began at 35) I still lifted very strong and Ive been above 260 for at least 10 years before. So I always got the "he must be on something" look for a long time. It used to piss me off
You can still work hard, eat a &#@! load of the right food and get results.
It may take longer, but its def healthier.
But now, when the shoulders start looking like bowling balls, legs bulging front and back, and neck shaped like a coat hanger, I see them talking but I cant hear them cause my IPOD is cranking heavy metal baby!!

You might be right, however......between the three of them they have 12 Mr Olympia titles about a dozen second place Olympia trophies (give or take a couple) and are probably three of the top 5 highest paid bodybuilders in the business. Kind of hard to knock their training styles with that resume. ;)
I am a fan of bad form...im over hearing perfect form this and that, usually commin from the 170 lb crew,I think we know when we are doing something dumb and know when to stop..charles glass said it.".ahh heavy weight always works"

Don't care, not there for them.

im with jello

if they're staring at you, then they're either admiring you or hating on you cause they can't do what you do. regardless, why does it matter? you don't go to the gym for people to not stare at you...

Im the opposite broski.

My pet peve is overly nice guys that want to bullshit the whole time or make friends, sorry but I am not too outoing at the gym, not that I am a dick I am just not looking for long drawn out conversations about stupid shit.

Amazing how people you dont even know think that you care what their views are, sorry I really dont. But again I am always curtious but it can get annoying.

Yo if your a real bb then you wld kno that you do have to use very heavy weight even once in a while not use proper form like the cheat curls for example. But if there doing all there workouts and sets like that then ya there f***ing stupid.

Very true

Dont really care for others looking, Iv always been stared at even when i was a teen at 18 150lbs i benched 350lbs all natural proud to say, took the barbell from bench with 45s on and hit that 3, 4 sets 10 reps, squat 450, and dont get me started with my lats i hit the whole stack repin them and a warm up of 50 chin ups palms in and out one set. But then i realized i wasent eating enough and at 19 I stated eating ok and gained 70lb by the time i hit 21 yes all natural. But now being 230lb shredded at 5'8 I get stared at no matter were i go or do, I just was always looked at and never really payed attention to that shit much just what im doing. Im thinking about gettin my pro card just as soon as i can take that time to do it. Im currently in collage with one year left for my degree then Ill start some gear im very excited to do my first cycle i herd you respond very wel with ur fisrt cycle. But That will have to wait for another year till I can devote all my time to bodybuilding with my freaky plan I got for my first cycle. being stared at should be like a complement I do if i even take the time to notice;)

Ya Ya you got good genes we get it, impressive

I just tell those people to "bow to me jealous weaklings" lol nah, couldn't be that conceited but it'd funny as hell to say to some of the guys in the gym.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear