YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any of you feel like other guys in the gym dont like you cuz of ur size/strength

speed

Registered
1st off i have to go to ballys now, been going there a while now, im not anywhere near the biggest guy there actaully, but some how i am defeintly on of the strongest guys there far as i can see. people mainly seem to know me for me doing my heavy dublell bench presses, lat pull downs and calves raises. I dont know why maybe its just me in my head, but sometimes i feel like im getting dirty looks, maybe out of jeaulousy or somthing. or it just feels like when certain guys see me walking in the gym i feel like there saying in there head "oh heres this wantabe stronguy mofo again". do any of yall feel that way

could be two reasons....

1) most corporate gyms dont like bodybuilder type people in their gym as it scares most female gym members away. They want to feel comfortable in the gym they go too..hence, the women only gyms... Some gyms in my area do not even allow deadlifts or squats, they say its for insurance...I call BS.

2) If your a wanna be, I would give you a dirty look too. I love watching the 150lb guys doing 1/4 reps, cheating the whole way... or doing that massive 225lb bench and taking it down 2 inches. Or doing SQU's....hence its not a full squat, so my crew started calling them SQU's....or my all time fave, the curls where the elbows never get unbent past 90 degree's, just more like bending over and bending back up....

.... Not saying YOU train like that, but if you do..its not really a dirty look I would give you, but more of like a "your a f'ing joke dude" kinda look. Because in my eyes if you train like that, your just wasting space and taking up gym equipment I could be using.

If your a serious BB'r and train correctly with proper form... then its probably issue number 1. I don't know how many whispers i get behind my back only hearing a couple words.. but you get the gist of it too when you hear something like "well if I took what he does, I would look like that too".. Can't say they are talking about me, but I hear shit like that all the time from comming from somewhere behind me... I mean I don't think of myself as a "big dude"..I am far from cutler or ronnie... hell i would even call myself soft right now.... 275ish (depending on water that day)... bodyfat is probably in the 10-12 range as some abs are still visable... maybe I just have a distorted self image... I was a chubby kid, so no matter how I look I always feel chubby...

As long as you train with proper form and dont try to use weight you can't handle properly, screw everyone else and what they think or say!! Don't give them a reason to talk about you by doing pull downs and using your entire body to pull it down. (not saying you do this, but you know the type)

Last edited:
Did Genghis Kahn ask his army if they felt like they felt weird about dominating the living crap out of other peoples' countries?

There is a select few at my gym who are just too cool for school I guess and choose to barely acknowledge me when I say hello. Some people you can just tell don't like you for whatever reason, their loss because I am pretty awesome:D

Of course then you have the ones that are friendly as hell and are a pleasure to train around.

Did Genghis Kahn ask his army if they felt like they felt weird about dominating the living crap out of other peoples' countries?

this.

It's in your head. If people are staring at you, it's not because they hate you, it's probably because they admire what you're doing.

Its pretty funny when you know everyone's like " yeah hes definitely on roids "

Too bad they are right :headbang:

When I was natty

Its pretty funny when you know everyone's like " yeah hes definitely on roids "

Too bad they are right :headbang:

I had nothing but pure contempt for the unnnatty. A bunch of frauds. Now I'm one of them, so I understand how some people have negative perceptions.

But then I see all these women in their tank tops with unnatty breasts showing them off to the world, and I just roll on thinking lots of people will do whatever it takes to look good.

"If it's worth having, it's worth cheating for" I guess.

I try not to throw my muscles in peoples faces. So to speak.

I thought ballys DB's only went to 100?

hell my wife likes to go "crop dust" the posers...

she will get this smile on her face...then I watch her walk past all the wannabe's a few times , you know the ones... doo rag, wife beater, sea shell choaker.... and come back to do her set with the "scent" following her and all she will say is "the crops were dusted"

eh, peacocks raise feathers.

there's other people in the gym?

I think most people just assume your going to be stuck up because your working out hard and have the physique to prove it. I wish that was me lol. If they get to know ya im sure it would be different. Unfortunatley I could care less because im in the gym for one reason, improvement not to talk and make friends. Ill do that at a bar or local hang out.

ya bro i know exactly how you feel. alot of the time i get ppl who laugh and talk and make fun... but in all reality their girls always stare and smile and they are just mad b/c they cant keep her attention LOL... I use it as motivation. But im ussualy in the zone plus i wear a hat and have my dr. dre beats spitting out slipknot. =]

Don't care, not there for them.

Would you rather them not take that second glance? Maybe not notice you at all.
Funny thing about bodybuilding; if you're doing it right people will notice you, whether they admire you or resent you is not important...

Nope

Everyone seems to like me a my Gym.

People like to watch me squat, but other than that the cable machine only goes to 300lbs (Lat pull down), Db only go to 100lbs and never had anybody interested in watching me do calves.

You must have a hardcore Bally's that has much more weight, cause I don't think anybody at my Gym is impressed.

ya bro i know exactly how you feel. alot of the time i get ppl who laugh and talk and make fun... but in all reality their girls always stare and smile and they are just mad b/c they cant keep her attention LOL... I use it as motivation. But im ussualy in the zone plus i wear a hat and have my dr. dre beats spitting out slipknot. =]

I prefer Godsmack or maybe some Rob Zombie! And on the heavy days....Sevendust!:headbang:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws