YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any of you guys into cycling/biking? (On a bicycle)

I always used a touring bike. Not a full on racer, more comfortable for long rides. I own a Raleigh.
I bought a used Raleigh in 2014 and that's when I got back into biking. I learned that I don't like messing with the front derailleur so I converted mine to a 1x8 which suited me fine. I loved that bike and put a couple thousand miles on it. It shifted so smoothly, but (and I can't explain why) I started to have such a hard time keeping my tires from getting flats. I bought three other bikes since then so after my last flat I put it out at the end of the driveway (that's country code for free) and it was gone that same day.

Here a foto I took of some female cyclist’s legs after a stage of the
The Amgen Tour of California, Tour de France-style cycling road race
that finished in town nearby. Now . . . if these ladies can keep their
leg size, then I am sure a bunch of manly men can do it on steroids.
LOL. I've heard some cycling lifters (or perhaps lifting cyclists) say that "riding IS my leg day." :p

LOL. I've heard some cycling lifters (or perhaps lifting cyclists) say that "riding IS my leg day." :p

Some of them have relatively big legs and they most certainly aren't on bodybuilding dosages of PEDs so why not? Legs respond well to endurance reps in the gym as well so I can certainly see it building some size or at least not losing size.

Yea, I get that ;)

On a more serious note, there have been more than one world class bodybuilder
(Kalman Szkalak comes to mind) who transitioned to 'cycling', road racing after
their bodybuilding career and they have all done really well.

Some of them have relatively big legs and they most certainly aren't on bodybuilding dosages of PEDs so why not? Legs respond well to endurance reps in the gym as well so I can certainly see it building some size or at least not losing size.

I have no clue about their drug usage and have no opinion, not experienced or knowledgeable
on the subject.

The Tour de France riders (I know one, he lives and trains near me, used to fly past me when I
was out riding . . . he would draft his wife on her Vespa) or riders of that caliber usually, but not
always, have 'skinny' but muscular legs. And their upper body is nothing but a support system
for their legs. They are stick men on top as that extra body weight is just more to haul along.

Now the velodrome racers are sprinters and have way way better legs. (We have already seen an
example of that, talked that one to death . . . ) I have been to two of the Amgen's Tour of
California, been in the pits with the racers, now I wish I would have photographed their legs . . .
without being called a pervert.

I bought a used Raleigh in 2014 and that's when I got back into biking. I learned that I don't like messing with the front derailleur so I converted mine to a 1x8 which suited me fine. I loved that bike and put a couple thousand miles on it. It shifted so smoothly, but (and I can't explain why) I started to have such a hard time keeping my tires from getting flats. I bought three other bikes since then so after my last flat I put it out at the end of the driveway (that's country code for free) and it was gone that same day.
Had mine since 1984 or 1985. Haven't used it much in the past 25 years, but it still looks new. The tires on it must be at least 28 years old! I rode it around a bit about 5 years ago and it felt like a new bike. Raleigh got bought out in the late 80s I think, heard back then that the quality went down. Bought mine before that. The frame is chromolly, that was big then.

I have a Huffy beach cruiser kinda bike. been riding with my 11 year old daughter for cardio. TBH, I think you could get a pretty good quad workout on a bike if u do some hills. there is one route we take and coming back home is almost all uphill. if I stay seated and don't go fast to build momentum its a freaking workout to get home and by time I get to garage my quads are fairly pumped. I only ride bike on "leg day" now lol #workoutfromhome
-F2S

I have a Huffy beach cruiser kinda bike. been riding with my 11 year old daughter for cardio. TBH, I think you could get a pretty good quad workout on a bike if u do some hills. there is one route we take and coming back home is almost all uphill. if I stay seated and don't go fast to build momentum its a freaking workout to get home and by time I get to garage my quads are fairly pumped. I only ride bike on "leg day" now lol #workoutfromhome
-F2S
Yeah, there are things you can do that make you work harder. Its really easy to get a good leg workout especially if you ride in a high gear all of the time, and just muscle your way up a hill. Huge pump. Riding a less expensive and heavy bicycle is a better workout too. I remember I had an inexpensive mountain type bike that was really heavy and I rode that for several years and started getting fairly serious about distances. When I got my new Raleigh bike that was really lightweight it made me feel like my bike had turbo! It was an incredible feeling to ride that new lightweight bike. Riding my first bike built my legs up a lot better, endurance too.

My daughter has a Schwinn and it's ok. Good to start off on I'd say. Only negative thing I noticed is that the bike is fairly heavy. She's now using my wife's old Trek and it's a lot lighter. You get what you spend. Schwinn makes some lighter weight ones too I think, just higher price.

If wanting to get a nicer bike cheap then you could go used, kinda like buying a used car.

I've considered starting biking but I live in the suburbs and I'm a little intimidated to figure out where to ride. The route around my neighborhood is a mile and I could do that loop over and over but that would be boring after a while. My question is...what do I do next? I'm quite intimidated about going out on the roads so is the solution to just do it very, very early or late? That's literally the reason every time I want to start I get scared to and don't

I've considered starting biking but I live in the suburbs and I'm a little intimidated to figure out where to ride. The route around my neighborhood is a mile and I could do that loop over and over but that would be boring after a while. My question is...what do I do next? I'm quite intimidated about going out on the roads so is the solution to just do it very, very early or late? That's literally the reason every time I want to start I get scared to and don't

I see many people doing this . . . they put their bike in the in the car and drive to a road
with less traffic that has challenges. I have done this but am fortunate that I can ride from
home on some world class roads but I have noticed more traffic over the years but now with
the quarantine, traffic is much reduced. I too don't like to ride in 'congested' areas, so just
go to a better, safer place. That is what I would do. Or go earlier or later like you said.

Hope this helps. Happy riding. Good exercise.

You'll need to either buy a bike rack or if you have a truck/ SUV throw the bike in the back. If you have the quick release wheels, you can take off the front wheel to make it fit in the back easier.

Then find a place to ride. Most suburbs will have a bike path somewhere you can ride on. We have one that runs across most of the state I believe.

grew up doing bmx, just got a mountain bike for corona, had to get a more comfortable seat though

giant makes great bikes.u can go cheaper or more expensive. i dont recommend a cheap bike from dicks or walmart. go to a real bike shop. a sub 400 bike will be a regret.
ive had talon 29'ers, an escape hybrid and two tcr race bikes. least expensive was 500, most was 1400.
but they're more than worth it.
trek makes good bikes too.

I love riding my mountain bike around but don't like feeling like I have been raped by an angry gorilla afterwards. If I could find someway to not feel that way I would ride every day.

I love riding my mountain bike around but don't like feeling like I have been raped by an angry gorilla afterwards.
LOL. I guess it is pain in your crotch and ass from the seat? If you stick with it long enough that pain wont happen any longer and youll be able to withstand it for longer trips too. Im not sure how it works physiologically, but it sure does.

LOL. I guess it is pain in your crotch and ass from the seat?
Exactly. I cant walk right or hardly sit after riding for a while and I even have padded riding shorts that I wear under regular shorts.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131