advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any of you laid off? How are you dealing with it?

You're not alone...I've been keeping busy spending time with the kid, meeting up with friends, finally tackling home projects that were long overdue, etc (when I'm not on PM, of course). Don't let it get you down...consider it a blessing. The job market will turn around...and you'll have less time to do these other things in life.

I feel you brother, and I am enjoying a lot of this time off, and spending extra time with family and doing things around the house is actually lots of fun, and you are right , don't know how many times we will have the chance to get up in the morning and cook breakfast for kids ans see them off to school , and be there when they get back, so I won't let this bring me down. Blessings. Minister.

MINISTER

No matter where in the country you are there is always one business thats ALWAYS hiring. Restaurants. my servers make anywhere from 500 to 800 a week in cash, and my bartenders do better than that. If you ever run into financial trouble, go get a job at a restaurant. Managers are willing to train an intelligent hard working person. It can support your family in a tight spot, However i feel like most people do not consider it as an option in a rough time. If you , or anyone else decides to do this in a pinch for some much needed cash flow... PM ME, i will tell you exactly what to say in an interview to get the job. Good luck!:)

I was thinking about getting out of the military and seeing whats out there. Huge qualifications but damn, Im gonna miss the retirement, and the health/dental/life insurance forever....but theres gotta be somethin easier than what Im doin now, 70+ hrs a week aint no joke...paycheck reflects something like an hourly wage of 3 bucks....immigrants who work for pennys make more than me on an hourly basis lol

My father is Ex-military and now a civilian working for the government. If you can get a job working forthe government all of you pension/insurance/etc transfers over to the new job with you. if you need details.. please pm me and ill ask my father exactly how thatworks for you.

No matter where in the country you are there is always one business thats ALWAYS hiring. Restaurants. my servers make anywhere from 500 to 800 a week in cash, and my bartenders do better than that. If you ever run into financial trouble, go get a job at a restaurant. Managers are willing to train an intelligent hard working person. It can support your family in a tight spot, However i feel like most people do not consider it as an option in a rough time. If you , or anyone else decides to do this in a pinch for some much needed cash flow... PM ME, i will tell you exactly what to say in an interview to get the job. Good luck!:)

not always true. where I live right now if you arent an 18-20 y.o. kid with no job exp you arent getting work as a server unless you are a life long server. hell, McDonalds will even turn you down. 5 yrs ago I ran a multimillion dollar company... getting rejected by a fast food chain makes you really feel low.

Been there. About 5 years ago I was laid off and it took me 3 months to find a new job. I just about went insane, and drove my family that way too. I don't do well with alot of time off, so I drank way too much. Stay strong bro.
I might be quiting my job in a few months to pursue something closer to our family, and its scary as hell.

Thats good priorities you have God family then work but make sure you have the new job lined up befroe you quit. Good luck and take care of yourself so you can take care of the family. MM

Hang in there minister. Take the tiime to do those things that you have needed to do or wanted to do in the past but just didnt have the time for. As always you have your faith. TTYL MM

Those who know me may have noticed that I have been spending a ton of time on the board the last few weeks, getting into everybody's business, and that's because I have been laid off, not used to this, in 18 years in this company I had never been laid off for longer than 1 week at a time, so I simply don't know how to deal with this, it's all new to me. I thank God everyday for PM, and all my brothers here, that allow me to come on here and express my opinions, the board has helped me deal with this lay off greatly. Also had plenty of time to learn new workouts and diets. For those who are laid off, What other productive activities can you suggest to make the best of this, I am going back to work soon, but I may have a few more weeks off here and there. Open for all suggestions. God bless you all. Minister.

I feel your pain bro. I've been out of work since March last year. Right now, fortunately my wife works and brings home a little money. I collect the maximum Unemployment benefit and I work about 30 hours at my friends Breakfast/Lunch diner as a cook. It's working but it's tight. It's not easy going from 100k + to about 50k.

As for how to deal with it. I've learned over time that whenever I've been seriously challenged in life and rose to it, I've always made my best progress. I wont tell you what to do but this is what I'm doing.

1) Getting my body to a place it has never been - i.e., seriously creating the best me possible - not easy when you're working 70 hours a week.
2) Plan to compete again
3) Dried myself out finally... no alcohol now for almost 3 months.
4) Plan to enter an Academic Certificate program to enhance my skills and make myself more marketable
5) Get to participate more with my kids. Seems like a small thing but it's nice to be here when they get out of school and sometimes drive them in.

That's how I'm dealing with it. Obviulsy I'm looking for work too but I'm more focused on taking the right opportunity at this point. IN a way I have that luxury as long as it deosnt take too much longer.

Thanks brother, good advice, and a very real option , never really thought about it. I'm a people's person, I just might fit. Thanks and God bless you. Minister.

I feel your pain bro. I've been out of work since March last year. Right now, fortunately my wife works and brings home a little money. I collect the maximum Unemployment benefit and I work about 30 hours at my friends Breakfast/Lunch diner as a cook. It's working but it's tight. It's not easy going from 100k + to about 50k.

As for how to deal with it. I've learned over time that whenever I've been seriously challenged in life and rose to it, I've always made my best progress. I wont tell you what to do but this is what I'm doing.

1) Getting my body to a place it has never been - i.e., seriously creating the best me possible - not easy when you're working 70 hours a week.
2) Plan to compete again
3) Dried myself out finally... no alcohol now for almost 3 months.
4) Plan to enter an Academic Certificate program to enhance my skills and make myself more marketable
5) Get to participate more with my kids. Seems like a small thing but it's nice to be here when they get out of school and sometimes drive them in.

That's how I'm dealing with it. Obviulsy I'm looking for work too but I'm more focused on taking the right opportunity at this point. IN a way I have that luxury as long as it deosnt take too much longer.

Great plan friend, and I'm happy you are going through with it. Love your attitude, I admire the adjustments you have made, and seems you haven't missed a beat. God bless you brother. Minister.

Hang in there minister. Take the tiime to do those things that you have needed to do or wanted to do in the past but just didnt have the time for. As always you have your faith. TTYL MM

I am by nature a very positive person, and you are right about my faith keeping me going always, for in hard times is when our faith should shine, it's easy to be faithful when everything is going great, but it's when things get tough and rough that our faith must stand and grow, just a thought. I love you all for your great responses and encouraging words, from the heart, Many blessings to all. Minister

Quit my job earlier in the week

Hate not having a job in this bad economy but knew if I stayed any longer I was going to beat the sh** out of my boss and his buttbuddy.Narrowly averted 3 attempted assault charges the last few months so I did not want to push my luck.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws