YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any of you laid off? How are you dealing with it?

minister

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Those who know me may have noticed that I have been spending a ton of time on the board the last few weeks, getting into everybody's business, and that's because I have been laid off, not used to this, in 18 years in this company I had never been laid off for longer than 1 week at a time, so I simply don't know how to deal with this, it's all new to me. I thank God everyday for PM, and all my brothers here, that allow me to come on here and express my opinions, the board has helped me deal with this lay off greatly. Also had plenty of time to learn new workouts and diets. For those who are laid off, What other productive activities can you suggest to make the best of this, I am going back to work soon, but I may have a few more weeks off here and there. Open for all suggestions. God bless you all. Minister.

actully I do more internet reading..prob what you have been doing ...lol

no really I hang out with the kids/wife more, cause with work, training, training clients, working for P.N., ect, ect..my life gets pretty hectic...so time off is a good thing...:rolleyes:

I'm not right now, but have been in the past. I warn you, if it drags on too long, you get use to it and going back is a bitch. In the mean-time, honestly, enjoy the time off.

i am laid off also nothing you can do industry is garbage now no jobs out there all you can do is wait and work under table loll

Those who know me may have noticed that I have been spending a ton of time on the board the last few weeks, getting into everybody's business, and that's because I have been laid off, not used to this, in 18 years in this company I had never been laid off for longer than 1 week at a time, so I simply don't know how to deal with this, it's all new to me. I thank God everyday for PM, and all my brothers here, that allow me to come on here and express my opinions, the board has helped me deal with this lay off greatly. Also had plenty of time to learn new workouts and diets. For those who are laid off, What other productive activities can you suggest to make the best of this, I am going back to work soon, but I may have a few more weeks off here and there. Open for all suggestions. God bless you all. Minister.

Been there. About 5 years ago I was laid off and it took me 3 months to find a new job. I just about went insane, and drove my family that way too. I don't do well with alot of time off, so I drank way too much. Stay strong bro.
I might be quiting my job in a few months to pursue something closer to our family, and its scary as hell.

I was thinking about getting out of the military and seeing whats out there. Huge qualifications but damn, Im gonna miss the retirement, and the health/dental/life insurance forever....but theres gotta be somethin easier than what Im doin now, 70+ hrs a week aint no joke...paycheck reflects something like an hourly wage of 3 bucks....immigrants who work for pennys make more than me on an hourly basis lol

actully I do more internet reading..prob what you have been doing ...lol

no really I hang out with the kids/wife more, cause with work, training, training clients, working for P.N., ect, ect..my life gets pretty hectic...so time off is a good thing...:rolleyes:

Chris, you have a way to make the best of time and supplement your income, I'm happy for you and your family. I do have a few small jobs I do here and there, but I do miss the steady income, we'll make it, but I have never seen it this bad. Isn't the recession suppose to be over? Wasn't the stimulus packages suppose to have kicked in and fix everything by now? Our so called leaders have no idea what they are doing. Blessings. Minister.

I'm not right now, but have been in the past. I warn you, if it drags on too long, you get use to it and going back is a bitch. In the mean-time, honestly, enjoy the time off.

To be honest , I am enjoying the time off, it's nice to come and go as you please, come on here and spend time lurking arount the board, watch TV till 2:00 AM, get up at 9:00 AM and make a hearty breakfast, train at any time you please, hey this isn't too bad, LOL. God bless you. Minister.

Been there. About 5 years ago I was laid off and it took me 3 months to find a new job. I just about went insane, and drove my family that way too. I don't do well with alot of time off, so I drank way too much. Stay strong bro.
I might be quiting my job in a few months to pursue something closer to our family, and its scary as hell.

I am going back to work soon, this just has been a rough beginning of the year, have worked 4 weeks so far this year, and I have never been off for that long in 26 years in the construction business, thanks for the encouraging words, I always keep a positive attitude towards whatever situation I face. Good luck in pursuing your new career , God bless you. Minister

I was laid for for a little while through December , actualy made more money then than when working full time. the hrs were awsome.

Luckly i got called back knowing several crafts has it benifits that companies love but unions hate , but i gotta feed the familey , thats first and formost.

Contimplated going back over seas but don't wanna do that with the kids now

never been laid off, and hopefully doesnt happen. Seems like I would be just like you minister! :eek:

I was laid for for a little while through December , actualy made more money then than when working full time. the hrs were awsome.

Luckly i got called back knowing several crafts has it benifits that companies love but unions hate , but i gotta feed the familey , thats first and formost.

Contimplated going back over seas but don't wanna do that with the kids now
anf
Yes sir, I'm 100% with you Gunsmith, I do whatever I gotta do to feed the family, been doing some nasty jobs lately, I would have passed on them in a different time, but anything that supplements the income is fair game now. I just thank the good Lord that we live in this country so full of opportunities , and there is always something out there to do to provide. God bless you all. Minister.

Losing your job after 18 years is a terrible experience. I lost my job about a year ago, and am launching a new biz now. (wish me luck!)

Good to hear you expect to be working in a few weeks. I spent my free time working out, reading, hanging out with my family, and most importantly planning my next business move. The economy has changed and a lot of things that used to work don't now ... So one has to adapt.

laid off from job, and retired from wrestling.

it sucked at first... now im back in school again, getting another degree and living on student loans/grants. training a couple clients, and training mma, and lifting...

im loving it.

been laid off year and half.. been going back to school! love it!!

I was thinking about getting out of the military and seeing whats out there. Huge qualifications but damn, Im gonna miss the retirement, and the health/dental/life insurance forever....but theres gotta be somethin easier than what Im doin now, 70+ hrs a week aint no joke...paycheck reflects something like an hourly wage of 3 bucks....immigrants who work for pennys make more than me on an hourly basis lol

Have you been to college? If not, would you consider using the GI bill?

I'm unemployed y'all and started donating plasma twice a week . . 50 bucks a pop!

Losing your job after 18 years is a terrible experience. I lost my job about a year ago, and am launching a new biz now. (wish me luck!)

Good to hear you expect to be working in a few weeks. I spent my free time working out, reading, hanging out with my family, and most importantly planning my next business move. The economy has changed and a lot of things that used to work don't now ... So one has to adapt.

My prayers will be with you for your success friend, and thanks for the kind words, Blessings, Minister.

You're not alone...I've been keeping busy spending time with the kid, meeting up with friends, finally tackling home projects that were long overdue, etc (when I'm not on PM, of course). Don't let it get you down...consider it a blessing. The job market will turn around...and you'll have less time to do these other things in life.

I was never laid off, but to any bros out there looking for work here is some advice. Always keep your resume handy and spread it all over the web. Craigslist, Yahoo Hot Jobs, Career Builder, Monster.com. When I transitioned from the medical field to sales three years ago these websites came in handy.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131