advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any one eat cream of rice thru out the day?

LMFAO. Between my wife and I & three teenagers (2 wrestle and 1 is into Olympic Weightlifting)- We go through boxes and boxes every week.
I love Cream of Rice, however I do miss my oats sometimes.

Very similar situation
I clear the shelf of it every time were at the grocery store
Can't believe we can't just buy a 15 lb bag of it somewhere

If you live in the UK go nutrition sell it in massive 5k bags, cheap too, plus it's vanilla flavour with add digestive enzymes

I thought that TN would of sold it

For those looking for other options Bob's red mill makes a brown rice version. I can't get the regular orange box type here so always used this stuff. It's actually cheaper too.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Organic-26-Ounce/dp/B000ED7M6I"]Amazon.com: Bob's Red Mill Organic Brown Rice Farina Creamy Rice Hot Cereal, 26-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4):mad:@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sCxEPx3xL.@@AMEPARAM@@51sCxEPx3xL[/ame]

Last edited:
Cream of wheat is some good stuff as well, and I started eating baby food oats; grinded too fine and digests so quick

I think this highlights the importance of taking that blood test that tells you what foods you're allergic to and what foods your body likes. I remember Braun and Singerman made a video after taking one a few years ago. I bet it costs a fortune though.

Couldn't that be attributed to the fiber content? Oats have way more fiber than cream of rice which is probably why rice doesn't cause much bloating while oatmeal does.

Couldn't that be attributed to the fiber content? Oats have way more fiber than cream of rice which is probably why rice doesn't cause much bloating while oatmeal does.

Yea that's absolutely a factor

Bump for more opinions on people who eat it throughout the day as well as info on the glycemic index and glycemic load. It's such an easy, dense, and tasty carb to consume, but of course I want to consider if it would be healthy to do so.

I did parboiled rice in a coffee grinder and made my own, but it's not near as tasty and it hurt my stomach a little/had bloat.

Isn't Create If Rice Just Ground Up rice. I love it with whey protein and a little olive oil. I make mine in a coffee grinder as I've never seen it on sale in the uk

Thats what I do,
The difference is I COOK the rice first and keep it in the fridge, I then blend it in the blender with water... let it sit for a little and it will get really creamy then blend it again with whatever I want to add to the shake, Whey, collagen, Salt, corn sirup if PWO...
Cream of rice in the box is TOO processed, and contains way too much from per serving, so yeah, make your own either blend before cooking or after . Rice is a GREAT source of carbs. Again IMO.

if Cream of Rice has a GI in the high 70s, but you eat it with healthy fats and protein; does it bring it into the 60s or 50s? How does that work? Does that mean "bad" carbs can be "improved" with certain variables?

if Cream of Rice has a GI in the high 70s, but you eat it with healthy fats and protein; does it bring it into the 60s or 50s? How does that work? Does that mean "bad" carbs can be "improved" with certain variables?

Depends why you’re eating them and how you’re them.

For what it’s worth, cream of rice is very high in iron. According to the box it provides 70% of RDA allowance based on a 2000 cal diet( but who eats RDA anyway right?)Eating several servings a day would no doubt increase that level and create issues eventually. Gotta watch those micros too. I do enjoy it either pre or post workout though. Anyway, just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends why you’re eating them and how you’re them.

I've been eating it for over a year now because it's easy to cook, tastes good, and is very easy to digest (main factor). I hate oatmeal. Over the last 16 years I've tried every type of oat and can't stand eating them. I've put them in shakes cooked, I've put them in shakes uncooked. Oats just do not agree with my stomach and bloat me significantly. I find with most complex carbs that they may be good for blood sugar (lower on the GI), but they suck for digestion and bloat.

My stomach likes Cream of Rice, red potatoes, and fruit for carbohydrates. Miserably forcing down oatmeal, brown rice, and sweet potatoes because I'm "supposed to," while not seeing any better gains in doing so is lame. I'm done with that. It's also why I tend to focus more on healthy fats.

For what it’s worth, cream of rice is very high in iron. According to the box it provides 70% of RDA allowance based on a 2000 cal diet( but who eats RDA anyway right?)Eating several servings a day would no doubt increase that level and create issues eventually. Gotta watch those micros too. I do enjoy it either pre or post workout though. Anyway, just my two cents. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I eat 1/2 cup (dry) and after cooking it add one tablespoon of coconut oil and one tablespoon of almond butter. Currently once a day, but want to possibly do it twice.

I've been eating it for over a year now because it's easy to cook, tastes good, and is very easy to digest (main factor). I hate oatmeal. Over the last 16 years I've tried every type of oat and can't stand eating them. I've put them in shakes cooked, I've put them in shakes uncooked. Oats just do not agree with my stomach and bloat me significantly. I find with most complex carbs that they may be good for blood sugar (lower on the GI), but they suck for digestion and bloat.

My stomach likes Cream of Rice, red potatoes, and fruit for carbohydrates. Miserably forcing down oatmeal, brown rice, and sweet potatoes because I'm "supposed to," while not seeing any better gains in doing so is lame. I'm done with that. It's also why I tend to focus more on healthy fats.

I eat 1/2 cup (dry) and after cooking it add one tablespoon of coconut oil and one tablespoon of almond butter. Currently once a day, but want to possibly do it twice.

If you are lean and eating it to fuel your workout and/or post work out for recovery. I see only benefits.

For what it’s worth, cream of rice is very high in iron. According to the box it provides 70% of RDA allowance

Is Cream of Rice enriched with iron during processing/manufacturing or is all rice high in iron naturally? Because all the guys pounding 400-600g of carbs a day would have iron levels through the roof.

If you are lean and eating it to fuel your workout and/or post work out for recovery. I see only benefits.

So if I'm lean and eating it around workouts it's healthy, but if I'm fat and eating it away from workouts it's unhealthy?

Is Cream of Rice enriched with iron during processing/manufacturing or is all rice high in iron naturally? Because all the guys pounding 400-600g of carbs a day would have iron levels through the roof.

So if I'm lean and eating it around workouts it's healthy, but if I'm fat and eating it away from workouts it's unhealthy?

Lol. Joker. If you aren’t lean you probably shouldn’t be eating it period.

Lol. Joker. If you aren’t lean you probably shouldn’t be eating it period.

You keep posting one sentence statements with no rationale or explanation.

I'm surprised a thread with almost 3800 views doesn't have more posts. It's obvious people are eating it and are curious to know how it really affects us. I mean, is eating cream of rice or white bread really the same as shoving a spoon into a jar of sugar and going to town?

From what I’ve read it’s enriched during manufacturing process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just grind my own. And if I want to slow it down I add fat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity