over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any one ever say you are Narcasitic

champ00

Registered
I have been having marital issues, so I have been seeing this lady DR.
You end up talking about other stuff as well. So. I really dig taking care of myself, and it shows. I'm not the type of dude who comes in a gym year after year looking the same. My goal is to be better all the time.

I compete, and by doing so people think your vain stuck on yourself. self absorb
So my lady sees her on another day and shares her the idea that I may be narcasitic, Bytch doesn't say that to me but to her.

I like to share the hard work I do so I may show pic might talk about things I do, share ideas, give solutions and what not. But to be stuck on myself because of wanting the need to not be a fat fuck, come on.

Narcissistic personality disorder affects 1% of the population.

Narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity, or egotistic admiration of one's own attributes, that derive from arrogant pride.

Classification, Narcissistic personality disorder....
Narcissism is also considered a social or cultural problem.

Healthy self-love, narcissism is usually considered a problem in a person or group's relationships with self and others. Narcissism is not the same as egocentrism.

The concept of excessive selfishness has been recognized throughout history
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them
Shamelessness, Arrogance:
Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others.
Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person.

Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.

Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves.

I could have put more down but I'll leave it be. I'll show a pic of my show at the Jr nationals 2014 I took 6th, but because I show this doesn't mean what I just wrote, just giving some clarity on me and the hard work I put in, It;s not vain it's who I am and it takes a lot to achieve what I want to become, OR ANY OF US IF IT MATTERS MOST TO YOU

Do any of you go through this or people say shit, because you take care of yourself or you may share things that protray what you love, is it vain

Attachments

• 2014 jr natioanls20.jpg
    2014 jr natioanls20.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 450
  • 2014 muscle development jr nationals.jpg
    2014 muscle development jr nationals.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 426
The questions I would ask myself in your shoes is if you're doing it all for yourself or because you like the attention it would give
(not personal, just a good question to be able to answer)
If you do it all for yourself that's healthy otherwise it's a problem

as far as the narcissism.. I think as long as you have a healthy ego it's all fine.
Meaning you know what you need to do to feel good about yourself.
as long as you can put yourself in someone elses shoes, and try to see how they are different from you & gain some amount of understanding for them I think that's good enough..

for me I workout to look good of course, and for strength and endurance but looking good is in there. and it's one of those things that make me happy.
And I'm of the belief that we have to help ourselves and be happy ourselves before we can help anyone else..

I would say it is vain yes, but vanity is not a bad thing.. Vanity is bad if it is all you got..
but most of us are fairly great guys and that vanity is just one of those positive things we get to do to feel extra good, to take care of ourselves..
It's not a luxury afforded by all..

idk if it helps but I tried :D

I have been having marital issues, so I have been seeing this lady DR.
You end up talking about other stuff as well. So. I really dig taking care of myself, and it shows. I'm not the type of dude who comes in a gym year after year looking the same. My goal is to be better all the time.

I compete, and by doing so people think your vain stuck on yourself. self absorb
So my lady sees her on another day and shares her the idea that I may be narcasitic, Bytch doesn't say that to me but to her.

I like to share the hard work I do so I may show pic might talk about things I do, share ideas, give solutions and what not. But to be stuck on myself because of wanting the need to not be a fat fuck, come on.

Narcissistic personality disorder affects 1% of the population.

Narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity, or egotistic admiration of one's own attributes, that derive from arrogant pride.

Classification, Narcissistic personality disorder....
Narcissism is also considered a social or cultural problem.

Healthy self-love, narcissism is usually considered a problem in a person or group's relationships with self and others. Narcissism is not the same as egocentrism.

The concept of excessive selfishness has been recognized throughout history
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them
Shamelessness, Arrogance:
Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others.
Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person.

Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.

Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves.

I could have put more down but I'll leave it be. I'll show a pic of my show at the Jr nationals 2014 I took 6th, but because I show this doesn't mean what I just wrote, just giving some clarity on me and the hard work I put in, It;s not vain it's who I am and it takes a lot to achieve what I want to become, OR ANY OF US IF IT MATTERS MOST TO YOU

Do any of you go through this or people say shit, because you take care of yourself or you may share things that protray what you love, is it vain

Try to bend your knees a bit less on that mm and maybe people won't say you are narces.

Only from 1 girl I was seeing for about 4 months. I am far from perfect, don't get me wrong, but this chick was down right crazy as hell. I mean she would text me 50-100 text messages at 5 am weekly just rambling on. I told her I would never even attempt to read all those messages so stop wasting your time. Then I find out she was calling my mother and stuff. She was a loony tune for sure so for her calling me a narcissistic asshole really meant nothing to me coming from her.

There is a difference between being confident and being arrogant. When I was on a nice cycle and in the best shape of my life I was probably a bit to confident, but I was never a jerk deliberately to hurt someones feelings or belittle them. Nowadays I am much more humble and different than when I was 8 years ago.

I once stared at my own reflection in a pool of water, admiring my own beauty, until I drowned. Is that narcissistic? Nahhhh.... They just hatin!!!

When I walk next to cars I look at myself in sidedoorwindow.
A carwindow kinda gives a bigger look.
I do it everytime.
I can't help it :eek:

If you were obese like most americans she would of said you are perfectly normal

Yeah Im narcissistic...I dont give a fuck either.
Far worse problems to have....like being an outright peice of shit...THAT is a problem.

I have to brush my teeth with no lights on or the image in the mirror will literally bring me to tears...

Wait - is that what narcissistic means? You can't stomach looking at yourself??

Narcissism is more of an overly falsly inflated ego that lacks the accomplishments that would normally go with the bragging and ego. They shy away or attack anything or anyone that can critique them. They would be the person that if they go to a hospital need to be seen by the chief of the department and no one else. They see everyone else as inferior. So just looking at yourself in the mirror and what not doesnt mean Narcissistic PD

no

I've been told all kinds of things by people and the thing they all have in common is they can't stand themselves and there miserable as hell

Yeah Im narcissistic...I dont give a fuck either.
Far worse problems to have....like being an outright peice of shit...THAT is a problem.

Ohhhh- you are all just a bunch of smart guys - using big words like narcaistic!!!!

It one thing to toss around the term but its another thing to be evaluated by a psychiatrist and fit the DSM profile.

This sport takes a lot of personal time and dedication. Its easy to see where some people could think that of us. We often must remember to keep a blance in our life. You have to compromise and sacrafice for your loved one.

Yeah, I get that from people who don't know me. They think I'm arrogant or narcissistic when they meet me. Then after we become friends they tell me about their first impression. This is all funny to me. I do dumb-assed shit several times a week and laugh at myself all the time. But I'm confident and I speak clearly, so maybe people see me (arrogant) not as I see myself (well-intentioned dumb-ass).

To the OP. Couple things. Your Dr. labeling you to your wife seems kinda wrong. Saddling you with a label that your wife doesn't fully understand, whether it's true or not, and provide no solutions doesn't seem like something a Doc would do. So I dunno why she'd do it. Maybe your wife's just throwing it out there in the Doc's name because it's what she thinks? (Lots of people who don't understand BB think it's pure narcissism).

Asking if you've got NPD is a good step. But YOU would never be able to see it in yourself, nor would you truly care about your actions damaging others. Rather, you'd just try to make it appear to not be true. Because a person with NPD will never admit it. They can't feel or understand the damage they do. A person with NPD can always make out how they are the victim, not the person to blame in ANY situation. A person with NPD can justify anything, always uses "plausible-deniability" to re-frame a situation to make themselves seem the hero or martyr. They never really feel the need to change, just that they need to "pull-one-over" on people to make it seem like they have (because it's causing the NPD'r problems to be seen that way, not because it's hurting anyone).

They may even think they've truly changed. They are masters at lying to themselves so convincingly (justification) that they can change history in their minds and truly believe their version.

The parts about exploitation and bad boundaries are spot on. To a person with NPD, every person is a means to THEIR end.

I grew up with someone with legit NPD...bad. And got to observe him in all his glory. Many life lessons learned...

Here's hoping it's not your case!

I just got called a narcissistic asshole on Friday night..

Eh, I'll take it. I can be sometimes. I don't care.

In comparison to another member's post above she was a crazy, I think with legit bipolar problems. We've been having issues for months and have tried to end it several times and always went back and got caught up again. Now is when I got fed up and that's it, I have too many more important things to do/worry about.

So from Thursday to last night she legit, without exaggeration has been in love with me and to please not go and I've been dead to her, she fucking hates me etc etc, in those words and worse. She has made that transition at least 30x if not more.

So in my experience of the ONLY time I was called narcissistic, the woman was crazier than all hell herself. Lol

I hate to admit it, but by definition if I look at the facts, I actually am.
But it's not something I do purposely and don't even realize I'm doing.

You look awesome bro! Brush them haters off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the amount Of time that a person could spend going to the gym, preparing food, ensuring adequate sleep, shopping for food and supplements and the $$ that goes with it, it isn't that big of a stretch to see why most people view this as being very selfish. Especially when it really doesn't benefit anyone. Personally I think it's your choice to do with your time as you want and fuck what the rest say. Yes the results are pleasing to the eye but only for those who care!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131