over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any one have success raising hdl?

Ivanko

Registered
Recent test shows my hdl at 20, and the ” protective” part of that is only 3.
my last test showed my hdl at an 18, so... My 3g niacin and fish oil didn't do too much. I didn't really change my diet, still a lot of red meat and my cardio got skipped a lot.
So new plan is more fish and chicken, less steak. More fiber more cardio. And the doctor is going to try niaspan.
Is there anything else you guys have done that successfully raised your hdl without going on a statin?

You are probably using slow release niacin, which doesn't work. Eating less red meat will have no effect on your HDL, it MAY lower your LDL. Nolvadex is great for boosting HDL, cardio is also extremely good at boosting HDL and lowering LDL. Eating less simple sugars and more complex carbs will lower your LDL also.

I started following mountaindogs eating style , took 600mg CoQ-10 and red yeast rice extract 3x a day and 12 grams fish oil a day along with 10 min cardio at 80% 3x a week and brought my HDL from 11 to 45

my last test showed my hdl at an 18, so... My 3g niacin and fish oil didn't do too much. I didn't really change my diet, still a lot of red meat and my cardio got skipped a lot.
So new plan is more fish and chicken, less steak. More fiber more cardio. And the doctor is going to try niaspan.
Is there anything else you guys have done that successfully raised your hdl without going on a statin?

orals?

just curious if the niacin is flushfree because that form of niacin doesnt raise your hdl

I started following mountaindogs eating style , took 600mg CoQ-10 and red yeast rice extract 3x a day and 12 grams fish oil a day along with 10 min cardio at 80% 3x a week and brought my HDL from 11 to 45

That's what I want to hear :) ill try uping my fish oil, I'm only doing about 4g epa/dha.
I'm taking regular niacin, not the flush free junk, 3-5g. Ill give red yeast rice a go.
I don't take orals but just got done with 6 months of tren. Just on omnadren now so hoping that helps. I gotta say I def think the sups helped my cholesterol not get any worse on tren

Yes, from 16 HDL to 43 HDL in a few months time....more cardio, no more orals, CQ-10, High quality fish oil, Vit-D3, 1000mg niacin, EVOO, Chromium, ALA, Cinnamon...etc, ( MD Glucose Disp Agent- True Protein)...also added Sesamin by Scivation...not sure if it helped, but figure it didn't hurt. Honestly, my diet was nothing over the top.

By the way, I'm on 200mg Test Cyp E7D's...Will never run use Orals again

i need to brush up on the cholesterol effects of anti aromatising drugs n anti estros!!!! but if iam not mistaken i think clomid also improves your chlosterol profile????:confused:

Forgot to add- Virgin Coconut Oil. I love the taste...yum

Mine was 20-30 for a couple years then i started eating 3 cups of plain oatmeal everyday,1 can of red kidney beans and 2 bowls of plain cheerios.Along with a lot of fruit and veggies and i have been doing this for 6 months now and i have changed nothing else and it is now in the 50s.So i think having so much fiber did the trick,but watch out cause with that much fiber you have some giant dumps.

as other people have mentioned, things to try are
correct form of niacin
Vitamin D3
tamoxifen
maybe guggulsterone
maybe lecithin granules
fish oil
good fats
soluble fiber
glass of red wine (resveratrol)
maybe selenium
maybe curcumin <--turmeric is probably one of the most important supplements a bodybuilder could take if he has no problems with taking it (stomach probs)...because it has so many beneficial effects with side effects bodybuilders deal with its incredible

Thanks a lot for all the good ideas. I'm going to inappropriate as many as I can and post the results in a few months.

I never knew that, in fact I thought they did the opposite. That's good to know thanks!

nolvadex has a positive impact on good cholesterol , however long term use of Nolvadex is linked to liver tumors, plenty of evidence of that. So stick to Red yeast rice and COQ10, excellent products for lipid counts. Blessings. Minister.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws