over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any other asthmatics?

I got all the way up to the highest dosed advair disc and it worked well for me. I decided to get off of it and try to control my asthma with other means and the thing I've noticed the two times I've come off advair is that I feel like I have that tightness in my chest and cant get a full breath even when sitting, but it subsides after a week. I've had asthma since I was 10 months old and I'm 29 now. Hospitalized once when I was a kid. Been on a lot of meds in my life. The thing that has ALWAYS worked for me was the albuterol inhaler (I felt they worked better before the law made them change the propellant, could just be a negative placebo to change though). Also when my cardio is good I suffer A LOT less from my asthma. I usually take one MAYBE two puffs of albuterol before I lift, run or swim and will be fine. I also use a device called the iron man power breathe. Works pretty damn good for my asthma. I weighed about 230lbs and ran a 10k with an 8:06 pace per mile. I honestly think adding that to my running and inhaler routine helped me A LOT.

NO it wasnt your imagination, the CFC propellant was much much better than what they use now. WHen I used to be able to just use one puff maybe two, now I have to use 3 puffs because the medicine isnt propelled out very wel. That new propellant sucks ass. The new ones cost 4x what the old did too. i used to be able to get 3 inhailers for like $10 and now it costs me over $40 and they dont work nearly as well. Bullshit greenhose gas crap.

I have been using Albuterol for almost 30 years- asthma sucks. As you might be aware of, Albuterol is not used to control your asthma symptoms....it's used to offer immediate relief. I used Advair for years and honestly it did not control my asthma systems. I had to switch to Dulera...might have misspelled it, but it seems to work well.

I am on symbicort, singulair, and ventolin. Wish I could get off everythin. Been going to an allergist to take care of ome hings been hlping a bit. Doesn't albuterol an the fast actign ones damage the heart and bones?

Provential and/or Albuterol can lead to death is severly abused.

Last edited:
I have asthma which comes from allergies and cardio.
Albuterol inhalers work instantly on me. I very rarely use it though, I just try to control it myself. I also stay away from boxing and running since that is where my asthma kicks my ass...unfortunately.

GET OFF THAT SHIT NOW!!! These new asthma inhalers are DANGEROUS AND POTENTIALLY FATAL!

I am a hardcore asthmatic, I have been hospitalized numerous times. My asthma is COMPLETELY CONTROLLED using my good old fashioned ALBUTEROL INHALER, as needed! I use it 2-3 times per day MAX, and there are no short-term or long-term side-effects.

My brother had a very bad experience with Advair, these drugs are dangerous and not thoroughly researched yet!!

Please dont take this the wrong way, but please do not give medical advice. Albuterol is just as dangerous cause it is a beta receptor stimulator and will give rapid heart rates, and can send you to tachycardia or even atrial fibrilation. Just by definition if you have to use a "rescue inhaler" ie albuterol more than once every two weeks it is considered that your asthma is not under control. Period. If you are using albuterol 3x daily forget about it. Do you know what causes asthma? It is caused by inflammation of the bronchioles. Albuterol has no effect on reducing that inflammation. It does short term relaxation of the smooth muscles to open you up a bit and as soon as it goes away, you still have the inflammation left behind. Hence, why you are using it so often.

To control asthma you have to control the inflammation. First line treatment for asthma should be Singulair 10mg daily for adults. It is a leukotriene inhibitor which prevents release of chemicals that cause inflammation due to response to allergens. We know that 80% of the causes of asthma are allergens related. Singulair is approved down to 2yrs old and an extremely safe drug. If after 60 days, you are still using your albuterol more than once every 2 weeks, then Singulair stays, but you add a inhaled steroid. Now, where i agree with you is that i am not a huge fan of combo drugs where a steroid and long acting beta stimulator such as Advair is used. I prefer just an inhaled steroid by itself. It has zero systemic absorption cause it only goes to the lungs, and reduces the inflammation. Most of the time, the combo of singulair, and inhaled steroid is enough to control the asthma. If not, then longer acting beta drugs such as found in Advair are used, and if that does not work, low dose 5-10mg of prednisone daily has to be used.

Why do you think people's hand shake and get all jittery when they use albuterol? it is basically same family of clenbuterol and terbutaline. To have so much cardiac stimulation 3x daily is very dangerous and highly un-advisable. I only say this and took the time to write this is because even not knowing you i still care about your overall well being and secondary to make sure that we are not spreading wrong medical advice.

Nice write up man. I will have to look into singulair. Im using my xopenex between 2 and 10 times a day which is just ridiculous and thats when I am in good cardio condition with the advair once daily.

Nice write up man. I will have to look into singulair. Im using my xopenex between 2 and 10 times a day which is just ridiculous and thats when I am in good cardio condition with the advair once daily.

Xopenex is much safer than albuterol because it is basically a cleaved albuterol in half and is using the isomer that causes the smooth muscle relaxation and not the isomer that causes the major stimulation and cardiac issues. However, still needing it to be used so many times a day shows you have a lot of underlying inflammation. I would also add a claritin or zyrtec daily to your routine. The combo of singulair and an antihistamine works great for reducing asthma attacks.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but please do not give medical advice. Albuterol is just as dangerous cause it is a beta receptor stimulator and will give rapid heart rates, and can send you to tachycardia or even atrial fibrilation. Just by definition if you have to use a "rescue inhaler" ie albuterol more than once every two weeks it is considered that your asthma is not under control. Period. If you are using albuterol 3x daily forget about it. Do you know what causes asthma? It is caused by inflammation of the bronchioles. Albuterol has no effect on reducing that inflammation. It does short term relaxation of the smooth muscles to open you up a bit and as soon as it goes away, you still have the inflammation left behind. Hence, why you are using it so often.

To control asthma you have to control the inflammation. First line treatment for asthma should be Singulair 10mg daily for adults. It is a leukotriene inhibitor which prevents release of chemicals that cause inflammation due to response to allergens. We know that 80% of the causes of asthma are allergens related. Singulair is approved down to 2yrs old and an extremely safe drug. If after 60 days, you are still using your albuterol more than once every 2 weeks, then Singulair stays, but you add a inhaled steroid. Now, where i agree with you is that i am not a huge fan of combo drugs where a steroid and long acting beta stimulator such as Advair is used. I prefer just an inhaled steroid by itself. It has zero systemic absorption cause it only goes to the lungs, and reduces the inflammation. Most of the time, the combo of singulair, and inhaled steroid is enough to control the asthma. If not, then longer acting beta drugs such as found in Advair are used, and if that does not work, low dose 5-10mg of prednisone daily has to be used.

Why do you think people's hand shake and get all jittery when they use albuterol? it is basically same family of clenbuterol and terbutaline. To have so much cardiac stimulation 3x daily is very dangerous and highly un-advisable. I only say this and took the time to write this is because even not knowing you i still care about your overall well being and secondary to make sure that we are not spreading wrong medical advice.

Its clear you dont know what your talking about. lol totally joking. thanks for that, very informative Alpha. What type of med do you practice?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Xopenex is much safer than albuterol because it is basically a cleaved albuterol in half and is using the isomer that causes the smooth muscle relaxation and not the isomer that causes the major stimulation and cardiac issues. However, still needing it to be used so many times a day shows you have a lot of underlying inflammation. I would also add a claritin or zyrtec daily to your routine. The combo of singulair and an antihistamine works great for reducing asthma attacks.

Awesome! Thanks a ton man! If you or anyone else has any pointers please let me know. It sounds ridiculous but I customer ordered pouches for my MOLLE rig at work just for my puffers lmao.

I must embarrass everyone so badly when I break out those bad boys lol.

To control asthma you have to control the inflammation. First line treatment for asthma should be Singulair 10mg daily for adults. It is a leukotriene inhibitor which prevents release of chemicals that cause inflammation due to response to allergens. We know that 80% of the causes of asthma are allergens related. Singulair is approved down to 2yrs old and an extremely safe drug. If after 60 days, you are still using your albuterol more than once every 2 weeks, then Singulair stays, but you add a inhaled steroid. Why do you think people's hand shake and get all jittery when they use albuterol? it is basically same family of clenbuterol and terbutaline. To have so much cardiac stimulation 3x daily is very dangerous and highly un-advisable. I only say this and took the time to write this is because even not knowing you i still care about your overall well being and secondary to make sure that we are not spreading wrong medical advice.

Thought I would chime in with my personal expericne. I agree about the singulair. I have been treated for asthma now for over 36 years. My treatment now consists of the SINGULAIR and albuterol when needed. WHen I was younger my asthma was terrible and I used theophyilline to manage it. WHen I swithed to SINGULAIR my life changed, for me it was a miracle drug. If the OP isnt on SINGULAIR it makes no sense to me.

The albuterol I use about 1 to 2x a day. Only time I use that much is when I get sick with a bad cold or the flu. I have had a heart attack and still use the albuterol and have no problems really with tachycardia. I never did previouslt to the heart attack. I think the cardiac sides of this drug are overblown, at least from my personal expericne from using it for about 30 yrs now or so. It is a beta agonist though like the doc said so it can cause that.

I now take 80 mg/day of Coreg CR which is a strong beta blocker and since I started that I have had to use my albuterol daily. I think its to offset those affects of beta blockade. My BP is still great when using the albuterol. Its usually around 105/65 or so.

Its clear you dont know what your talking about. lol totally joking. thanks for that, very informative Alpha. What type of med do you practice?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Thanks. My training was in internal medicine with focus in trauma and ICU. I was an associate professor at a major university hospital system and after a few years left and currently in private practice and expanded my training in other fields :)

Currently using Advair and Xopenex as my emergency puffer.

Advair helps but neither really seems to take care of the issue for me. Any of you guys try anything else? I recently tried Qvar and it did nothing for me.

Pretty good with my cardio etc, about to head off to vail tomorrow for xmas and slightly concerned about the elevation.

One word, SINGULAIR. Its a brand name with no generic yet so its costly but well worth every single penny.

Currently using Advair and Xopenex as my emergency puffer.

NOt sure why they put you on Xopenex instead of just plain Albuterol. Do you have heart issues? The Xopenex is supposed to be more selective to the type of beta cells found in the lungs so that it doesnt affect the heart as much. If I remember right it costs a lot more and I think the shelf life is much much shorter. I wouldnt use it unless youre having issues with albuterol. there must be a reason why they put you on it. Cant remeber if its Beta 1 or Beta 2s that are in the lung.

thought I would add that im still on albuterol even after my heart attack and im fine. thats me though.

Last edited:
Im having to use it while working in the field. I get the shakes extremely badly from the albuterol which effects my ability to operate efficiently.

No shakes with xopenex.

Im thinking about getting an albuterol as well for when work related issues are not a problem/normal daily use.

Provential and/or Albuterol can lead to death is severly abused.

It does worry me when I see bodybuilders taking the oral liquid and the dose is in milligrams and not micrograms! I guess its much less absorbed when taken in through the digestive system. Still, the fact that the dose is so high scares me.

Im having to use it while working in the field. I get the shakes extremely badly from the albuterol which effects my ability to operate efficiently.

No shakes with xopenex.

Im thinking about getting an albuterol as well for when work related issues are not a problem/normal daily use.

OK, I never had that problem. I bet you would have issues with Clen then too.

Do you know why the doc never tried Singulair?

OK, I never had that problem. I bet you would have issues with Clen then too.

Do you know why the doc never tried Singulair?

Sure haven't once I get back from vacation I will go get a RX for it... If only sponsors here carried stuff like this haha. Just filled my advair... 285$ for it... WTF?

Sure haven't once I get back from vacation I will go get a RX for it... If only sponsors here carried stuff like this haha. Just filled my advair... 285$ for it... WTF?

Yeah, thats about what singulair will run for 90 days worth. It sounds like your asthma really isnt under control though and that is the one drug that could really help you. To me, like Alpha said, it is the first thing they should have tried with you. Singular has less potential side effects than the Advair. You might want to see someone that specializes in asthma and allergies. Try taking once a day generic Zertec too if youre not. I get mine from costco and a bottle of 300 costs like $15 !!

NOt sure why they put you on Xopenex instead of just plain Albuterol. Do you have heart issues? The Xopenex is supposed to be more selective to the type of beta cells found in the lungs so that it doesnt affect the heart as much. If I remember right it costs a lot more and I think the shelf life is much much shorter. I wouldnt use it unless youre having issues with albuterol. there must be a reason why they put you on it. Cant remeber if its Beta 1 or Beta 2s that are in the lung.

thought I would add that im still on albuterol even after my heart attack and im fine. thats me though.

This is albuterol:
**broken link removed**

This is Xopenex (levabuterol):

50293-90-8.jpg

If you pay attention all they have done is cleave off the amine and three methyl groups and they got levabuterol. Smarter guys than me figured out that it was that tail that was causing all the b-adregernic side effects. Without it you only get the smooth muscle relaxation of the bronchioles. Basically unless someone does not have insurance, there is no reason that you should not use xopenex over albuterol. Same efficacy without any of the jittery or cardiac effects is always win win. Now, if someone cant afford due to insurance then albuterol always works.

Guys, let me clear ONE THING UP..

The PHARM industry controls EVERYTHING, so when you hear assertions like "if you need to use an alubuterol inhaler more than twice per day than your asthma is not CONTROLLED", this is BULLSHIT. I would rather NOT have my asthma "under control" than to be mineral depleted constantly and suffer possible FATAL consequences from a dangerous corticosteroid like Advair..

Again, there is really no medical need to "control" your asthma artifically, albuterol has a LOCAL EFFECT and most of it is not systemic and dosages are miniscule. My asthma IS UNDER CONTROL and without the serious risk of dangerous side-effects.

There is absolutely LESS HARM from using albuterol a few times per week than to be DRUGGED UP on asthma medications YEAR ROUND FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. It's just a big SCAM to keep you on drugs for the rest of your life..

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner