over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

any other black metal fans out there?

buzzbomb138

Registered
being a fan of many different types of music and always experimenting with listening to different things at the gym, ive found black metal to be THE BEST gym music. it gets me sooooo pumped/amped that i feel like i can lift anything and wanna start throwing weights across the room branch warren style lol. plus the fact its all super evil and satanic makes it all the more badass lol. anyone else agree? heres some of my fave bands of the genre, and im def open to suggestions if anyone has them!

I’ve jammed out to my share of metal, but as I get older I find myself sticking to my oldies. Always will be Pantera, Sepultura, Slayer, Slipknot, Fear Factory, etc…. Just can’t get into the new stuff. The old metal is nostalgic for me I guess!

Cage

I’ve jammed out to my share of metal, but as I get older I find myself sticking to my oldies. Always will be Pantera, Sepultura, Slayer, Slipknot, Fear Factory, etc…. Just can’t get into the new stuff. The old metal is nostalgic for me I guess!

Cage
Same here. Especially when the singers voice inevitably goes out and it becomes more melodic singing.

Recommendation from an old BM metalhead for you training😁. I like: Negator - Panzer Metal or Endstille - Frühlingserwachen, Urgehal - Goatcraft Torment, check out all Urgehal stuff Black Metal Legends. Lugubre - Supreme Ritual Genocide, Sarkom - Doomsday Elite.
And check out Legion of the Damned, more thrash/death but with nihilist and satanic influences. Perfect for training, when you got no max reps out of that then FU.K OFF 🤟!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih0Ckll8wTY

Cage
Same here. Especially when the singers voice inevitably goes out and it becomes more melodic singing.
ya def legit choices there as well, slayer actually was very influential in the creation of black metal and its bands, as well as the other "extreme metal" genres.

Recommendation from an old BM metalhead for you training😁. I like: Negator - Panzer Metal or Endstille - Frühlingserwachen, Urgehal - Goatcraft Torment, check out all Urgehal stuff Black Metal Legends. Lugubre - Supreme Ritual Genocide, Sarkom - Doomsday Elite.
And check out Legion of the Damned, more thrash/death but with nihilist and satanic influences. Perfect for training, when you got no max reps out of that then FU.K OFF 🤟!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih0Ckll8wTY

dude fuck ya, love it! already a big fan of urgehal, but the others are new to me and sick af and def getting added to my playlist! thx! 🤘🤘😁😁

Dude the Blackbraid debut album this year is in my top 3 albums of the year! I'd have to go back through my library but there are tons of great BM!

Dude the Blackbraid debut album this year is in my top 3 albums of the year! I'd have to go back through my library but there are tons of great BM!
right on! ill def check that out too, and more suggestions are always welcome!

and @Norg ive been going thru negator's catalog today and holy shit, AMAZING! cant believe i hadnt heard of them before, absolutely brutal af! quickly becoming a new fave for sure! 👹☠️🤘🤘😁😁

right on! ill def check that out too, and more suggestions are always welcome!

and @Norg ive been going thru negator's catalog today and holy shit, AMAZING! cant believe i hadnt heard of them before, absolutely brutal af! quickly becoming a new fave for sure! 👹☠️🤘🤘😁😁
Yeah this guys are great, and a powerful force live! 🤘

Ive seen mayhem, marduk, old dimmu Borgir, taake, and immortal. I love all eras of black metal going back to venom

OP, you're still in the black metal beginner stages. There's no harm in that, of course. Bands like Emperor, Immortal, and Burzum are still cool as hell even if it is somewhat more predictable. The black metal rabbit hole goes very deep. It is some of the most interesting and unique music you can find when you start getting into more obscure stuff. In "mainstream" black metal it's still a lot of fun because it's different from other genres, but as you get deeper into it you'll find black metal music really isn't afraid to push boundaries of musical convention itself and you get some cool and novel listening experiences that just don't sound like anything else. Another great thing about black metal is that it mixes really well with other genres, whether it's folk, synthwave, shoegaze, post rock, or classical music.

Here are some of my favorites from 2021-2022. I'm a black metal die hard and have been following it and listening to everything for about 15 years now.

Honestly I find it terrible as gym music. It's something I like to focus more of my attention on and if I want intense "get me amped" music I'd prefer death metal or hardcore. But black metal will always be my favorite genre to listen to when it comes to giving my full attention to music and getting lost and immersed in it.

OP, you're still in the black metal beginner stages. There's no harm in that, of course. Bands like Emperor, Immortal, and Burzum are still cool as hell even if it is somewhat more predictable. The black metal rabbit hole goes very deep. It is some of the most interesting and unique music you can find when you start getting into more obscure stuff. In "mainstream" black metal it's still a lot of fun because it's different from other genres, but as you get deeper into it you'll find black metal music really isn't afraid to push boundaries of musical convention itself and you get some cool and novel listening experiences that just don't sound like anything else. Another great thing about black metal is that it mixes really well with other genres, whether it's folk, synthwave, shoegaze, post rock, or classical music.

Here are some of my favorites from 2021-2022. I'm a black metal die hard and have been following it and listening to everything for about 15 years now.

Honestly I find it terrible as gym music. It's something I like to focus more of my attention on and if I want intense "get me amped" music I'd prefer death metal or hardcore. But black metal will always be my favorite genre to listen to when it comes to giving my full attention to music and getting lost and immersed in it.
It depends on the band, stuff like Marduk or Endstille are great for the gym. Other like Lunar Aurora or Paysage D'Hiver are more for real solitude moments.
And stuff like Mütiilation or Judas Iscariot are for every situation.

This is what i love about Black Metal, every of my emotions i covered by BM. No other music can do this for me. And of course the rebellious style and Anti-christianity brings me to this style, started hearing metal 1993 or discovered, nobody in my family was a metalhead. And around 1998 discovered BM, my first hint was Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger.
And since then 95% BM, with a little Death/Thrash in it. Only Band im still hearing from my beginner days are Nevermore, but they have a special place in my Heart.

Grew up listening to Mercyful Fate / King Diamond, Venom, Celtic Frost, etc.
Wanted to go see Mercyful on their recent tour, but when I looked at the schedule, they had already just played here and moved on...

I came across a band called Heilung on YouTube. It’s a Viking chant metal.. hell I don’t know what to call it but it gets your heart pounding. Some songs are a sweet female singing over chanting. It’s bizarre but at the right time and right place like 30 min into a good workout when you start to get tunnel vision it hits the spot sometimes.

Yeah this guys are great, and a powerful force live! 🤘
oh i can only imagine! im sure they absolutely kill it! ill def be on the look out to see when they tour 🤘🤘

100% and thats exactly why i made this thread as i was sure theres other bros on here thatve been listening to BM for a long ass time and i def wanna expand my horizons and get into some new bands. ive been looking more into prog black metal as im a big fan of prog metal in general (TOOL is my fave band) and def finding it pretty rad.

oh i can only imagine! im sure they absolutely kill it! ill def be on the look out to see when they tour 🤘🤘

100% and thats exactly why i made this thread as i was sure theres other bros on here thatve been listening to BM for a long ass time and i def wanna expand my horizons and get into some new bands. ive been looking more into prog black metal as im a big fan of prog metal in general (TOOL is my fave band) and def finding it pretty rad.
Glad you did make this I’ve added a good bit to my playlist now

It depends on the band, stuff like Marduk or Endstille are great for the gym. Other like Lunar Aurora or Paysage D'Hiver are more for real solitude moments.
And stuff like Mütiilation or Judas Iscariot are for every situation.

This is what i love about Black Metal, every of my emotions i covered by BM. No other music can do this for me. And of course the rebellious style and Anti-christianity brings me to this style, started hearing metal 1993 or discovered, nobody in my family was a metalhead. And around 1998 discovered BM, my first hint was Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger.
And since then 95% BM, with a little Death/Thrash in it. Only Band im still hearing from my beginner days are Nevermore, but they have a special place in my Heart.

It really is one of the most diverse music genres on the planet. Agalloch and Teitanblood are both black metal and they are unified by a few of it's conventions, yet though could not be more different in terms of the emotions the music conveys. Black metal has also been on a path of consistent growth as a genre and yet it hasn't gotten to "sellout" or "bastardized" levels and has maintained its underground status and artistic integrity despite its growing popularity. It's "huge" globally, yet you're never going to hear it on the radio or in a supermarket as thoughtless background music. It really is an amazing counter-cultural phenomonon and it's been cool to see something I love grow like this without losing its soul.

"Pure" death metal, by contrast, has mostly been shrinking over the past ~15 years or so and most of the growth in the genre is from cross-pollination with jazz/experiments with dissonance and atonality/more incorporation of black metal elements.

I'd definitely start with Deathspell Omega's "Si Monumentum Circumspice" and "Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum" from 2004 and 2007 respectively. These two albums changed black metal more than anything since Filosofem in 1993. A lot of the experimentation and divergence in the genre overall could be traced back to these two albums and Deathspell Omega, with the exception of their most recent release being sub-par, are titans of the genre.

I'm a fan of black metal but the vocals turn me off from a lot of it. I can't stand the wailing, shrieking, high pitched stuff. The vocal style on Gorgorth's 'Instinctus Bestialis' is what I prefer.

I listen to a mix of older and newer - Immortal, Marduk, Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Archemeron, Valkyrja, Rotting Christ (after the grindcore stuff), Stormruler, Abbath, Panzerfaust, etc. I don't care for the experimental music with dungeon synth, soft atmospheric stuff, etc. - I want ass-kicking metal.

Every year when I get deep into dieting I start listening to black metal almost exclusively during my workouts. It's probably a subconscious thing with feeling miserable.

I grew up listening to Venom.

I tend to be heavily biased toward the past for my music and don't really like more new stuff in any genre. I guess I'm old haha.

Reactions: Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity