over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

any other black metal fans out there?

I'm a fan of black metal but the vocals turn me off from a lot of it. I can't stand the wailing, shrieking, high pitched stuff. The vocal style on Gorgorth's 'Instinctus Bestialis' is what I prefer.

I listen to a mix of older and newer - Immortal, Marduk, Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Archemeron, Valkyrja, Rotting Christ (after the grindcore stuff), Stormruler, Abbath, Panzerfaust, etc. I don't care for the experimental music with dungeon synth, soft atmospheric stuff, etc. - I want ass-kicking metal.

Every year when I get deep into dieting I start listening to black metal almost exclusively during my workouts. It's probably a subconscious thing with feeling miserable.
ya dude i feel ya, its funny u mention that as ive been dieting the last few months and thats when i basically started listening to exclusively black metal at the gym lol. shit just gets me so pumped i can push thru whatever workout no matter how fatigued/depleted i feel.

also funny that u mention that the black metal high pitched "shriek" turns u off to it. thats exactly how i feel about the death metal "growl" lol, sounds like a dog barking and totally turns me off to it. love death metal instrumental parts but the singing fucks it all up for me lol. to me at least the "shriek" actually sounds like singing and i think it sounds rad lol.

just something about deftones, chevelle, linkin park, seven dust and more back in the day just cant be replicated. Your samples you posted are just a little too hard for me or just dont have that same rhythm

Educate me, is Black metal and Blackened death metal 2 very separate things? When something is blackened I understand that as this weird lowered production quality that I don't particularly like. (I can't listen to the clips right now, will in a minute).

I personally prefer power metal, melodic death metal, and symphonic metal of most types.

The heaviest stuff I like is along the lines of Amon Amarth, Shadow of Intent, Carrion Vael, Crypta, Hiraes etc.

Power metal will ALWAYS be my bread and butter though. All hail MaNoWaR.

ya dude i feel ya, its funny u mention that as ive been dieting the last few months and thats when i basically started listening to exclusively black metal at the gym lol. shit just gets me so pumped i can push thru whatever workout no matter how fatigued/depleted i feel.

also funny that u mention that the black metal high pitched "shriek" turns u off to it. thats exactly how i feel about the death metal "growl" lol, sounds like a dog barking and totally turns me off to it. love death metal instrumental parts but the singing fucks it all up for me lol. to me at least the "shriek" actually sounds like singing and i think it sounds rad lol.
I guess this is why the delineation exists lol.

I'll listen to any metal. But if you make me go either death or black I'm doing to the death side every time.

back in the day i remember childron of bodom, dimmu borgir etc on my work playlist when i was 15 , there was a female singer i cant remember the name, arch enemy, they were good too

i liked metalCORE

to me metalcore is a blend of hardcore and metal. I like screaming, NOT BURPING (dying fetus etc), some singing is ok, melodic, and metal riffs, hardcore breakdowns.....then punk pickups

Educate me, is Black metal and Blackened death metal 2 very separate things?

Yes, very. Many of the elements in normal "black metal" are totally dropped in blackened death. Black metal is fundamentally a "softer" and less heavy genre than death metal, so the death metal groups will basically never integrate the softer and more melodic aspects of death metal, which at it's core is almost "anti-melodic". In the modern era it seems like "normal" death metal has less and less of a presence and a lot of it is integrating some of the harsher parts of black metal.

Regular black metal is not really heavy, it's not supposed to be.

Glad to see other people that actually to some heavy music. It’s always disappointing when someone says they listen to metal so you think you will have something in common and then they name some generic ass bands that get radio play. I listen Black Metal here and there in phases and to a lot of metal genres but lean mostly towards deathcore and some hardcore.

Been listening to black metal since I first heard Emperor. The Scandinavian stuff is great, but we have some good stuff here too. I went from Metallica to Pantera to metalcore to death metal to black metal. Metal is awesome

I don't listen to a lot of black metal. But this is pretty black... lead singer literally worshipped Satan, was a Satanic priest or something, murdered a guy and then later committed suicide inside a circle of candles in his home. Pretty black haha you guys that are into the genre probably know all that history already

I don't listen to a lot of black metal. But this is pretty black... lead singer literally worshipped Satan, was a Satanic priest or something, murdered a guy and then later committed suicide inside a circle of candles in his home. Pretty black haha you guys that are into the genre probably know all that history already
That is a great classic album. Yes, the history is very dark. The history of many of the early bands is dark. Varg killing Euronymous, church burnings etc. Lords of Chaos (the book, not the movie) is compelling reading if interested.

Glad to see other people that actually to some heavy music. It’s always disappointing when someone says they listen to metal so you think you will have something in common and then they name some generic ass bands that get radio play. I listen Black Metal here and there in phases and to a lot of metal genres but lean mostly towards deathcore and some hardcore.
Definitely not often anything I listen to gets on the radio, except every so often on one of those sirius channels

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear