advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any other long term,low dose (30-40mg per week) accutane users here?

Oblix

Registered
I have been using 10mg accutane EOD for about 3 years and no sides as far as liver values or super dry skin. But in the last 12 months i have developed crepitus in both knees and clicking in my hips.

Hard to say if its old age (35) or is caused by the accutane?

I had thort this low dosage should effect my joints, my upper body is fine and no general joint pain or weakness.

Any body else here use accutane long term? Any joint problems?

I have always advocated 10-20mg ED accutane dosing for 6-8 months. You may need to run more than one course of it but this often does wonders. I would not run it as long as you did...there is no reason to do it non-stop. I would come off at this point and wait a few months and see if things get better. I'd also get some blood work done and start using something like TUDCA or Synthergine.

I have always advocated 10-20mg ED accutane dosing for 6-8 months. You may need to run more than one course of it but this often does wonders. I would not run it as long as you did...there is no reason to do it non-stop. I would come off at this point and wait a few months and see if things get better. I'd also get some blood work done and start using something like TUDCA or Synthergine.

Blood work is not effected on this dose. My doctor monitors bloods every 3 months. On higher doses my ALT is raised.

Every time I come off my acne comes back within a month or two. I have previously done 40mg per day for 6months at a time when I was younger. My dermatologist put me on 30mg-40mg per week and says I will go down to 20-30mg per week next. They say there is no proof Accutane damages tendons and joints but it is listed as a side effect.

Last edited:
Blood work is not effected on this dose. My doctor monitors bloods every 3 months. On higher doses my ALT is raised.

Every time I come off my acne comes back within a month or two. I have previously done 40mg per day for 6months at a time when I was younger. There are alot of people who end up using it indefinitely.
Indefinitely? Name some. Continuing to run courses of it for vanity or beauty industry reasons are different than running it "indefinitely".

Indefinitely? Name some. Continuing to run courses of it for vanity or beauty industry reasons are different than running it "indefinitely".

So you would just not use it and get acne? I dont mean little pimples, I mean chronic acne.

So you would just not use it and get acne?
I wouldn't use it for years or decades. Is it pharma accutane? I'd probably use it continuously for a few courses and then deal with it. Unless you have severe severe acne...which usually is tamed with one or two courses. I can't imagine it still being horrible after a good while using this stuff.

I wouldn't use it for years or decades. Is it pharma accutane? I'd probably use it continuously for a few courses and then deal with it. Unless you have severe severe acne...which usually is tamed with one or two courses. I can't imagine it still being horrible after a good while using this stuff.

Yes pharma, prescribed my dermatologist. Did the normal high doses courses when I was younger. Then spent 5 years off it and it just eventually comes back. So thats whay Derma tried low dose for the last 3 years, and have had breaks during this time but always comes back.

I will try having a break again.

There really is nothing else that works. Anti-estrogen's seem to help somewhat but they can be bad for your joints also if estrogen gets too low.

You must be one of those very rare cases where your sebaceous glands are so stubborn that treatment isn't very effective. I've actually never heard of it not working....especially with that much effort/administration. Accutane zaps pores and sebaceous glands to stop producing as much sebum and shrinks the pores...
Ugh!
I do not envy you bro. Frustrating to hear about what you're going through.

Even pharma Accutane can even end up making acne worse. You can even end up dependent on Accutane, but if you take it long term, eventually the other side effects will build up and shit hits the fan. It can leave you in a bad situation.

Even pharma Accutane can even end up making acne worse. You can even end up dependent on Accutane, but if you take it long term, eventually the other side effects will build up and shit hits the fan. It can leave you in a bad situation.
I agree that eventually sides will surface. Accutane always makes acne worse the first 2 to 4 weeks. It seemingly "pushes" all the shit out of the pores initially. It's like they go into slight overdrive for a short time and then begin to shrink and dry out.
I used to be so oily that I'd have to wipe the sides of my nose(where they meet my cheek) 10-15 times a night during my security shifts...about every 15 to 30min. When I was on accutane, I'd wipe the sides once - at the end of an 7-8hr shift and they'd still be smooth and dry. I did 20mg a day for 7 months in 2010.

So you think the joint problems I am having will be directly related to Accutane?

I have been lifting heavy for 15 years now, so its hard to know for sure if its just old age or the accutane. My dermatologist tells me they have alot of athletes use accutane without problems?? But says its not possible to know for sure.

So you think the joint problems I am having will be directly related to Accutane?

I have been lifting heavy for 15 years now, so its hard to know for sure if its just old age or the accutane. My dermatologist tells me they have alot of athletes use accutane without problems?? But says its not possible to know for sure.

when I used Accutane, my dermatologist told me to not lift because Accutane could cause joint issues

I agree that eventually sides will surface. Accutane always makes acne worse the first 2 to 4 weeks. It seemingly "pushes" all the shit out of the pores initially. It's like they go into slight overdrive for a short time and then begin to shrink and dry out.

All that is true, but it's only concerning oil and sebaceous glands. The puss itself comes from elsewhere: the immune system and dead white blood cells.

I'm sure you know how Vitamin A affects the immune system. Accutane can cause all sorts of inflammatory immune disorders. Depending on the person, it may affect the intestines, joints, or just continue to attack the skin. So even if the oil subsides, a person can still have lots of puss.

On the other hand, Accutane is a good treatment for many, such as your case.

Low Dose

On this low dosage I have had zero side effects, zero acne, dry skin without being super dry.

The only problem I have developed is joint clicking and crepitus........but nobody can tell me for sure if its related to the accutane or just years and years of heavy lifting.

???

I went off the accutane for 6 months last year and the joints were no better or different. But the acne comes back.

The doses doctors prescribe with accutane are completely unnecessary and dangerous. A few years ago after my first cycle I was wrecked with acne.

Used 10mg a day for 3 months and my acne was gone and never came back like it was again.

Although I would make sure to keep up to date on bloodwork make sure AST/ALT levels are in check

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws