advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any Problem with using Costco's Cytosport 100% whey?

I use it. Cheap and tastes good. I am on a very tight budget so it fits

if it whey and it doesnt have or say isolate in it i wont use it.

$48.99 + tax at my local Costco. Seems to work as good as any other protein drink. Tastes fine going down, but I don't like the artificial sweetener aftertaste.

For the most part, supplement companies use cheaper protein grades (some even made by someone else at a different facility) in order to be able to sell giant bags of protein cheap at "club" stores like this...usually it IS real protein just LOW grade/quality...

The debate on isolate vs concentrate has gone on a while...but unless ultra-low calories and carbs/fats are necessary, a whey concentrate and protein blend will be superior for your recovery needs...

Its so cheap so I usually buy it, any of you guys have a problem with this brand? A lot of people here use it ?

Amazon.com: CytoSport makers of Muscle Milk - 100% Whey Protein 27g 6lb Bag of Chocolate: Health & Personal Care

Goes for around 40$ at Costco!

I dont understand how you guys buy garbage cheap protein.
So this garbage protein contain 27g of protein per 100 gram? Well each 100g of SynthePURE contains 96g of whey protein isolate. You not going to get much out of 27g of protein and bloated stomach issues using cheap protein powder. Why not give SynthePURE protein a try and it's has REAL HIGH QUALITY WHEY ISOLATE!! They even offer money back guranteed too! I highly recommend SynthePURE!

Calories in CytoSport 100% Whey Protein - Chocolate and Nutrition Facts

Serving size is 35g not 100g, but you are probably closer in your estimate of protein percentage, Chef.

In all seriousness, Cytosport proteins have been tested in independent tests as not even coming close to meeting label claims. Perhaps your numbers came from an actual lab test of the product. In addition to not containing as much protein as claimed, Cyto's products have also been big offenders when it comes to impurities, and heavy metals contamination. I believe the last test I saw had one of their proteins containing Lead, Arsenic, and Benzene.

Calories in CytoSport 100% Whey Protein - Chocolate and Nutrition Facts

Serving size is 35g not 100g, but you are probably closer in your estimate of protein percentage, Chef.

In all seriousness, Cytosport proteins have been tested in independent tests as not even coming close to meeting label claims. Perhaps your numbers came from an actual lab test of the product. In addition to not containing as much protein as claimed, Cyto's products have also been big offenders when it comes to impurities, and heavy metals contamination. I believe the last test I saw had one of their proteins containing Lead, Arsenic, and Benzene.

I think it would be wise to do some research on the topic before making claims.

Here is a link that goes into the "controversy": http://www.cytosport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cytosportstatement1.pdf

However, I do think that consumer reports is a credible source - cytosports response is interesting though. I think it would be wise to look at NSF's site before disregarding cytosport though.

Also, some of the plugs for products are somewhat tiring IMO

Last edited:
ALWAYS look on the supplement facts and serving size -- if the serving is a 37g scoop and yields 23-26g of protein --- that remaining 12-8g of 'other stuff' is crap fillers, sugars etc....

I would never put shit into my body I work so hard on -- Especially precontest! or dieting to lose utmost BF%

TrueNutrition microfiltered whey isolate is PURE and packs HIGH yield of protein per scoop.

Costo protein = Mcdonalds beef

TrueNutrition microfiltered isolate = filet mignon

-FF

ALWAYS look on the supplement facts and serving size -- if the serving is a 37g scoop and yields 23-26g of protein --- that remaining 12-8g of 'other stuff' is crap fillers, sugars etc....

I would never put shit into my body I work so hard on -- Especially precontest! or dieting to lose utmost BF%

TrueNutrition microfiltered whey isolate is PURE and packs HIGH yield of protein per scoop.

-FF

:yeahthat:
I like this analogy a lot.

Costco and Sams by supplements they can make substantial profit margins on they are NOT the highest quality.

-FF

LOL

Love the analogy, well said.

Chip

I dont understand how you guys buy garbage cheap protein.
So this garbage protein contain 27g of protein per 100 gram? Well each 100g of SynthePURE contains 96g of whey protein isolate. You not going to get much out of 27g of protein and bloated stomach issues using cheap protein powder. Why not give SynthePURE protein a try and it's has REAL HIGH QUALITY WHEY ISOLATE!! They even offer money back guranteed too! I highly recommend SynthePURE!

I think they're more interested in the protein being cheap. You get what you pay for...unless you buy direct from manufacturer ehh hem, TrueNutrition

You get what you pay for. The companies that come out with their 5lbs for 25$ are crazy. They apply so much heat that the majority of the protein is so denatured your drinking it for nothing. So out of the 24g it says your getting, at best your getting 12g. If you want to see the best results from your protein powder, you need to spend the extra money to get the low temperature processed hydrolyzed whey isolates, or a low temp assimilated protein for meal replacement

You get what you pay for. The companies that come out with their 5lbs for 25$ are crazy. They apply so much heat that the majority of the protein is so denatured your drinking it for nothing. So out of the 24g it says your getting, at best your getting 12g. If you want to see the best results from your protein powder, you need to spend the extra money to get the low temperature processed hydrolyzed whey isolates, or a low temp assimilated protein for meal replacement

Interesting - do you have any articles about this?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws