over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

any pros using full body workouts

bbg420

Registered
i was wondering what are the pros and cons of doing full body workouts, i mean you hear alot about split routines, for example growth priciciples says to use a 3 day routine, so why not 3 day full body, instead of 3 day split, for the guys who tried both, what are the results compared to the other, for someone whos goals are fitness model body, not a bodybuilder, could you still get huge with 3 day full body workout, the one that caught my eye was in the articles forum, page 3, tried and true workouts by razorcuts ,check that one out, it looks killer

Last edited:
Full body?

So....I wanna see you go blast legs till you feel sick....then blast back....then go do chest....then arms......and there's more....all in one day!

There's a reason no one does it

Great way to build a base and get into the routine, learn how to perform the basic compound lifts with good technique. Great way to shock the body once in a while and keep things in check. Not something I have seen any pros do.

Great way to build a base and get into the routine, learn how to perform the basic compound lifts with good technique. Great way to shock the body once in a while and keep things in check. Not something I have seen any pros do.

ok but why is that,what do split routines have that full body dosent, as far as results go

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mHRwhsgWEDw[/ame]

Lee priest mentions full body at 1:26

ok but why is that,what do split routines have that full body dosent, as far as results go

Try and do heavy barbell squats, followed by heavy deads, followed by heavy bench, followed by heavy rows, heavy shrugs, heavy shoulder press, heavy curls, heavy skull crushers

That's 8 exercises, say 3 sets each for a total of 24 sets.

you're Central nervous system will be shot by the time you're done you're first 3 exercises, your form will go to shit.

Try it for yourself for a year. Maybe you'll see some gains the first couple weeks because its a new stimulus, but you will plateau very quickly.

Full body workout, I wouldn't be able to torture myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO
If you keep it to 3 sets per body part per day its workable, and wont wont you down and you can build muscle with it. I took a 2 year layoff and when I started back I did 3x per week full body type workout. But never deadlifted and squated on the same day. day 1 squat, day2 deads, day 3 squat, day1 dead day2 squat ect

training like that 3x pw gives you 9 sets per bodypart. if your using compund exercises and training heavy it will work for a while. eventually you need to add more volume to continue growing.

IMO
If you keep it to 3 sets per body part per day its workable, and wont wont you down and you can build muscle with it. I took a 2 year layoff and when I started back I did 3x per week full body type workout. But never deadlifted and squated on the same day. day 1 squat, day2 deads, day 3 squat, day1 dead day2 squat ect

training like that 3x pw gives you 9 sets per bodypart. if your using compund exercises and training heavy it will work for a while. eventually you need to add more volume to continue growing.

ok cool, yeah i do splits now ,but i do 2 bodyparts, day 1 chest triceps, day 2 legs shoulders ,day 3 back arms, i should just stick with that then, the full body that caught my eye was day 1 squat, bench, chins, dips, dumbell curls 5x5 day 2 deadlift, standing bb press ,bb curl ,close grip bench 5x5 ,day 3 heavy day 2 reps, squat, bench press, hammer curls, incline db press, stiff leg deadlifts, with that one, you do different excercises daily and your lifting heavy all 3 days, but never did full body, so i have to take your word for it, other full body where same thing all 3 days but this one dosent, no good though ha guys

Last edited:
Do what crytpasm said, I think the full body is good for strength. Good luck in a busy gym getting in done in a fashionable amount of time. I've toyed with full body in past, easy to run out of steam. If I only had three days a week, I would do the typical blasting the hell out of each muscle once a week. But changing things up is fun sometimes.

Every 2 weeks on a off day I'll go in and hit each muscle to complete failure and never stop between sets . Does it work ? Idk ..

They way me and my partner train....a full body workout would take 8+ hours...no way possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Do what crytpasm said, I think the full body is good for strength. Good luck in a busy gym getting in done in a fashionable amount of time. I've toyed with full body in past, easy to run out of steam. If I only had three days a week, I would do the typical blasting the hell out of each muscle once a week. But changing things up is fun sometimes.

i see ok,your right about the busy gym lol ,yeah like i said i do 3 day split ,day 1 chest triceps ,day 2 legs biceps, day 3 back shoulders, whats your training look like doug, do you think 1 day a week per body part is enough

Last edited:
The late CAsey Viator trained full body.
You can google the casey's colorado experiment .
Most HIT and Heavy Duty(Mentzers Bro) proponent train full body too;)

i see ok,your right about the busy gym lol ,yeah like i said i do 3 day split ,day 1 chest triceps ,day 2 legs biceps, day 3 back shoulders, whats your training look like doug, do you think 1 day a week per body part is enough

I think one day per week per muscle can work, yes. Gotta blast it hard.
I personally train each muscle at least twice and arms I try and hit 3 times.
My preferred split for many years now...
legs/calves
chest/back
bis/tris

I don't train abs or shoulders. If I did train shoulders I would throw in side laterals on arm day.

I just started full body mwf. A nice change but I'm thinking about changing up to DC. Either way lifting three days a week is a welcome break... Gains have stalled at five days a week for me at the moment.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

hitting a muscle group 1x per week per year =52 opportunities to grow
hitting a muscle group 2x per week per year =104 opportunities to grow

Id rather hit a group 104 a year than 52 times.. but you cant hit it 104x per year for 20 fucking sets. but you can do 20 sets per week. I still think hitting 104x is better than 52x

I just re read this about Viator! I didn't know he died? He use to live about 15 minutes from me. Damn

I'm not convinced that was the only way he every trained(full body only). He was part of the Arthur Jone's marketing for nautilus equipment of the high intesity/ ,Mike Mentzer stuff, to sell books, etc.

Last edited:
hitting a muscle group 1x per week per year =52 opportunities to grow
hitting a muscle group 2x per week per year =104 opportunities to grow

Id rather hit a group 104 a year than 52 times.. but you cant hit it 104x per year for 20 fucking sets. but you can do 20 sets per week. I still think hitting 104x is better than 52x

I agree, I just like training a lot. I have a lot of stuff I have accumulated over the years and have a really nice home gym. Its too easy to just train when I get home from work and on weekends with no hassle of going anywhere or waiting for anyone to be done on something at gym.

really, yeah the one i mentioned above, tried and true workouts, in articles forum page 3 ,looks real badass, im hearing all this talk about torturing yourself, or it taking hours a day, i dont see that in that workout ,almost reminds me of split training cause you do different excercises daily, not the same like most full body routines have, but i have no experience, so i have to take these guys word for it, i would love for someone to take a look at that exact workout and tell me why thats no good, im mean 2 days your doing a 5x5 heavy training and day 3 your doing 5 sets of 2 reps heaviest weight, again never tried it so idk, here is the workout, day 1- squat ,bench, chins, dips, db curls, day 2- deadlift ,standing bb press ,barbell curls, close grip bench, day 3 -squat, bench press, hammer curls ,incline press ,stiff leg deadlift

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner