over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any runners here? Best mile time?

I've never timed in just a mile or in running with shoes and shorts.
Best I ever got the 1.5 mile in full kit was just over 12 minutes. We typically

In my youth I was a huge track athlete but my motto as I've gotten older is 'why run when you can walk' :cool:
^^^ I 👍 completely ^^^

dont worry, he does this all the time.

I stand by my statements, this forum is filled with grumpy old men who base their beliefs on their own body rather than reality.
People are running faster than ever, technology has made it so easy to track movement mechanics. We've seen UNBELIEVABLE progress in this generation of track and field.
OP wants to run an 8 min mile? Easy, dream bigger. The bigger the dream the sweeter the reality.
This goes back to guys thinking a 405 bench is big bc they or the people around them cant, this year alone I saw a shw push a 1100 equipped bench and a 100kg bench 645 raw.

no

To quote your source... “The test protocols do not reach the maximum of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.” = so BELOW the maximum... so that goes hand in hand with NEMSZ definition of sub 10.. BELOW 10. Subzero temperatures are also BELOW zero, not above afaik. Not sure if that really helped your argument there mate haha

To quote your source... “The test protocols do not reach the maximum of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.” = so BELOW the maximum... so that goes hand in hand with NEMSZ definition of sub 10.. BELOW 10. Subzero temperatures are also BELOW zero, not above afaik. Not sure if that really helped your argument there mate haha

If you want to act smart at least quote the entire thing

"Submaximal tests are used because maximal tests can be dangerous in individuals who are not considered normal healthy subjects and for elite athletes maximal tests would disrupt training load balance."

If you want to act smart at least quote the entire thing

"Submaximal tests are used because maximal tests can be dangerous in individuals who are not considered normal healthy subjects and for elite athletes maximal tests would disrupt training load balance."

Again, look at the way you reply when he was talking to you in a friendly manner....

You’re talking about VO2 max test, which still proves my point, they’re being tested during SUB max effort... BELOW MAXIMUM EFFORT...

But it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PREFIX “SUB” BEING USED IN ANY TERM, WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM...

A SUB 10 second 100m Sprint is UNDER 10 seconds...

Again, a child doubling down trying not to be wrong instead of just correcting yourself...

Ask any bodybuilder on this forum what Sub 10% bodyfat means.... I can tell you what it doesn’t mean! 10.25% bodyfat... Lmao

What are you implying by using that as an example? Because you look like an idiot..

ENOUGH! Take it to PM's if there's a need to continue the conversation.

From what I just read, sub means below whatever number is mentioned. If it means something else in high level track I couldn't find it. This one goes to NEMZ.

NEMZ you said to IL2, "And yes, I’d love to see it... Show me a video of a 17 year old running 10.2 100m... Please.... Oh and not with your buddy holding a stop watch screaming “ready, set, go!” I mean at an actual Olympic facility timed by coaches. Or at a combine facility..." It may not have been an Olympic facility or combine facility but he did give you a legitimate 17 year old and other times of high school athletes were listed too. You turned around and tried to belittle it by saying it's only the top 10...doesn't fly. NEMZ you used this line in one of your posts..."Again, a child doubling down trying not to be wrong instead of just correcting yourself..." Those same words apply to you on this one! This one goes to IronLion2.

The judges score cards have this as a draw. Entrench yourself in the forum and play nice!

We went to the track at the local school the other week.

1. That track looks longer than I remember.
2. It sure felt longer than it used to.
3. I was never fast but relative to my size I was an okay sprinter as long as it was between 75-100.
4. Man am I slow now, 100= 15 sec 400=1:30
5. I have my work cut out.

This was at 225lbs with NO running or cardio or even serious lifting performed for about 4 months. Really no running ever.
To run a 400 under a minute I would need my 100m pace for 4x the distance............all the GW and epo in the world might not make that happen lol but I am going to see what I can do(not drug wise but training-wise.)

To those with experience in track and running: How often should one work on running/sprinting to try and improve? Say the overall goal was an improvement in 100 and 400 times.

Is twice a week work enough? Too much? I have ZERO interest at this time in distances greater than the above.

Thank you.

3. I was never fast but relative to my size I was an okay sprinter as long as it was between 75-100.

This was at 225lbs with NO running or cardio or even serious lifting performed for about 4 months. Really no running ever.
To run a 400 under a minute I would need my 100m pace for 4x the distance............all the GW and epo in the world might not make that happen lol but I am going to see what I can do(not drug wise but training-wise.)

To those with experience in track and running: How often should one work on running/sprinting to try and improve? Say the overall goal was an improvement in 100 and 400 times.

Is twice a week work enough? Too much? I have ZERO interest at this time in distances greater than the above.

Thank you.

As someone with similar goals for different reasons, i would say that making sure your hip flexors are not too tight and that you are getting adequate glute activation are the first orders of business before you push the brute speed. When weightlifters neglect this they often tear hamstrings. I have done this. More frequent but less intense bouts of running will also help reinforce the proper mechanics and form. Don't forget your sled pushing and or tire drags. Again varying intensity and distance are key. I hate longer runs, but used in the proper places they will also help in 400m speed.

Thank you.

Those are all questions that need to be addressed in global context. Your inability comes from both deconditioning and dysfunctional movement patterns. Work on varied tempos and intensities, especially since the goal is both a 100 and 400m. There's a ton of free apps that help give graphics of your stride and help reinforce good mechanics.

I'd say 10m flys, hill sprints, and varied intensities at the 100m are a good start.

Alright Google maps says the big block my house sits on is .6 miles around. So twice around is 1.2 miles. I figure 8 minutes would be a good time for the first mile I've ever run in my life. Right 😁

I couldn't make it a 400 yards now a days if I tried. Shin pumps, calf pumps and back pumps from hell if i did. But when I was 19 in college PE class I hit 5 min 34 secs at 205 pounds at 5'10" I actually ran for fun back in those days along with lifting. Wish I could do that now.

I couldn't make it a 400 yards now a days if I tried. Shin pumps, calf pumps and back pumps from hell if i did. But when I was 19 in college PE class I hit 5 min 34 secs at 205 pounds at 5'10" I actually ran for fun back in those days along with lifting. Wish I could do that now.
i was the same way prior to the lockdowns.. i've eventually worked through it, and now dont have any of these problems.
of course i've dropped a good amount of weight since that time.. and pretty much use micro-dose doses.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws