advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ANY SUGGESTIONS.....ABOUT TO SNAP WITH MY DIET,2-WEEKS OUT...

Thank you all SO MUCH for the support.....im backing out of this show.....yes i know its only two more weeks....the REAL truth is i started getting ready for this show ONLY because i got tired of people asking me:"WHEN R U DOING A SHOW?"....i didnt start dieting because I WANTED to do this show....been doing this for the wrong reasons....i went ahead and already went off my diet...ate a bunch of junk....in my eyes for the 17-18 years ive been in it-i feel bad and dissapointed in a way,but i know how i looked,and it doesnt make me any less of a hardcore bodybuilder just because im not on stage...like Phil said:"I DONT HAVE THAT DO OR DIE MENTALITY..."-THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT,I TOOK A DAY OFF WORK TOMORROW TO CLEAR MY HEAD AND FIGURE OUT HOW I GO BACK TO NORMAL ROUTINE...

From a "re-feed"/skipload standpoint, I have to hand those aspects over to the more experienced competitors at how close you are to competition.

From a psychological and physiological standpoint though (and I realize the answer to this first question might seem obvious):
1) how STRESSED are you? I ask this honestly as I personally know that I can be rocking on my diet even during difficult times, but then all it takes is just one little "push" to knock me over my "breaking point" (a fight with the Wife, an extremely bad day in the ICU, etc) and my craving's really kick in. So I ask this for besides the obvious of getting ready for competition how are you handling the rest of your "life responsibilities"... work, family, bills, etc... these can really get the cortisol levels up

2) How are you sleeping? For the most part "fact" now: less sleep = poor regulation of the various "hunger hormones" = more cravings

For Tenny and JVA/TP4U... (I'm asking honestly, I really don't know)... would adderall or geranium help with cravings? MuscleDoc isn't having problems with hunger but instead the cravings... I know I can be NOT hungry but still have cravings for something "bad"... again, just asking honestly.

I BARELY SLEEP MAN....BEEN GETTING UP TO PISS EVERY HOUR.....LOL....

bro dig in deep and dont do anything. its too close! if you change anything even a new supplement you dont know what your body is going to do. maybe something, maybe nothing but you have worked so hard whay chance doing ANYTHING if you have found the winning formula already! so for now.....gut it out and do nothing for the next 2 weeks but what you have been doing and things will work out. It will be over soon. its only 2 weeks.

best of luck!

Lucian
awww where is skip when i truly want his quirky remarks..LOL

what in the hell is a refeed at two weeks out gonna hurt???? you are kidding right? now one week out i can see your point, but two??? common man!

a "CONTROLLED" refeed is better than quitting or going all out on a splurge of endless junk ;)

Thank you all SO MUCH for the support.....im backing out of this show.....yes i know its only two more weeks....the REAL truth is i started getting ready for this show ONLY because i got tired of people asking me:"WHEN R U DOING A SHOW?"....i didnt start dieting because I WANTED to do this show....been doing this for the wrong reasons....i went ahead and already went off my diet...ate a bunch of junk....in my eyes for the 17-18 years ive been in it-i feel bad and dissapointed in a way,but i know how i looked,and it doesnt make me any less of a hardcore bodybuilder just because im not on stage...like Phil said:"I DONT HAVE THAT DO OR DIE MENTALITY..."-THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT,I TOOK A DAY OFF WORK TOMORROW TO CLEAR MY HEAD AND FIGURE OUT HOW I GO BACK TO NORMAL ROUTINE...
so are we talking a day of junk or a few days of junk? bro if you get back to the grind right now you can make a great showing at the kentucky muscle (I assume thats what your doing since its two weeks from now).
depleting will drop the water weight you have gained from the junk splurge and your good to go, its only water bro, you didn't have enough time to put on fat stores on a depleted body, its only fucking water, suck it up and go kick some ass in Louisville!

You went ahead and ate a bunch of junk.. Sleep on it and think about if you really want to spend all of this time dieting just to have to tell everyone you backed out and everyone to think that you're a pussy and afraid to get on stage and lose.

Sure you'll tell them your own reason, but none of them will believe you. Why would anyone back out 2 weeks out if they weren't scared of getting on stage?

Sleep on it. Wake up tomorrow morning feeling 10x better because you allowed yourself a little cheat, and then get back on your diet tomorrow and hit the stage.

Oh man, I bet you looked great the day after eating that. A day of eating like hsit was proably the best thing for you.
Now relax, take a moment to clear your head. I know dieting can phuk with your mind. You have come this far... grind it out bro
I am pulling for you

Last edited:
I have been where you are and I backed out of the show two weeks out - it was the teen cal in 1987 when Shawn Ray won the open and Chris Cormier won the teens. In retrospect I backed out cause I was afraid- and in reality, I would have been at least third if I stuck it out.
So my point.. is... you hit a speedbump.. ok. Don't let it turn into a major crash you will regret. No reason you can't do the show. And no reason not to do it with only two weeks to go - EVEN IF- as you call it, you dieted for the wrong reasons. Do the show- see if it is your cup of tea AND THEN decide if you will ever do it again. But, I am afraid if you back out now, you will always wonder how you could have done.

I have been where you are and I backed out of the show two weeks out - it was the teen cal in 1987 when Shawn Ray won the open and Chris Cormier won the teens. In retrospect I backed out cause I was afraid- and in reality, I would have been at least third if I stuck it out.
So my point.. is... you hit a speedbump.. ok. Don't let it turn into a major crash you will regret. No reason you can't do the show. And no reason not to do it with only two weeks to go - EVEN IF- as you call it, you dieted for the wrong reasons. Do the show- see if it is your cup of tea AND THEN decide if you will ever do it again. But, I am afraid if you back out now, you will always wonder how you could have done.[/QUOT
Great point Tazzie! I've only got one show under my belt, but when I hit 4 weeks out last year I was the same way...I think everyone goes through it. Took a couple days to snap out of it and bam right back in it. So what you blew you diet...It's worth pulling back together and finshing strong..Like Tazzie said do the show...It's worth it! Too damn close now!:headbang:

It's not too late to pick the diet back up tomorrow.
Get some rest and ask yourself if you will regret not doing the show later. My guess is you will since you've come this far. We're all rooting for you so don't quit now - you can do it

ill have to agree with everyone, i backed out of a show at one week out because my mind was fucking with me and i really regretted it later. if youve got two weeks left theres no way you did enough damage no matter how much you ate, you should really reconsider and stay in it.

there are reasons to back out of a show 2 weeks out
-not ready??......you are
-not lean enough??.....you are
-injury??......your not
-sickness, illness??...(you OR close family member).....no
-jail??:)ohappend to me once)......no
-personal problems??(divorce, job, family issues)......maybe

which one are you???

:cool:

there are reasons to back out of a show 2 weeks out
-not ready??......you are
-not lean enough??.....you are
-injury??......your not
-sickness, illness??...(you OR close family member).....no
-jail??:)ohappend to me once)......no
-personal problems??(divorce, job, family issues)......maybe

which one are you???

:cool:
I am doing my very first show in 4 days and of the list Tenny posted

- I'm not lean enough
- Injury - been dealing with shoulder injury throughout entire prep
-sickness - have had either food poisoning or some sort of stomach bug the last 4 days finally starting to feel better today.

at the point even if I don't do that well in the show, I am in the best shape I have ever been in, have wanted to compete for years now and finally doing it, have learned a ton about my body, so am very happy and definitely feel better prepared for any comps in the future

MuscleDoc think you said it best when you said you were doing it for the wrong reasons if its not for yourself I know for me there is no way I would ever be able to get through what I have been through the past 20 weeks

The junk day might actually helped you out, as long as it was one day! If you are lean as hell like you were describing, I do not see why a refeed can hurt you, it prolly will just help you as several have stated. But, if you truly just do not want to do the show, do not do it. But, to be honest the junk may actually give you a steam rolling push to the finish line, as long as, you clean it up now. Either way, your decision, not mine...but it seems like you were pretty damn shredded.

Bro, just do whatever you want to do...Whatever makes you happy then do that....I compete cause I love to, and I love the challenge...But, competing isnt for everyone...I wish you the best...

Muscledoc, your pics from weeks ago looked awesome! You got this man! Your huge, ripped and ready! Listen to these guys. Brad and Tenny as well as the rest wouldn't steer you wrong brother! Do it! You will do awesome!

The junk day might actually helped you out, as long as it was one day! If you are lean as hell like you were describing, I do not see why a refeed can hurt you, it prolly will just help you as several have stated. But, if you truly just do not want to do the show, do not do it. But, to be honest the junk may actually give you a steam rolling push to the finish line, as long as, you clean it up now. Either way, your decision, not mine...but it seems like you were pretty damn shredded.

Lenny's right....but if this guy did'nt truely care he would not have posted this...I think Tenny tried to point out in his last post...He cares or he would have quit without saying a word...DO THE SHOW!!!

It makes u not want to eat.

and hel def do the show when he wakes up looking better in the AM mark my words

Man.......I'm shocked from all the support on this board....all of you people here are awesome and I appreciate every single one of you for giving me a TRUE honest opinion...you all make a lot of sense....it is 445 in the am,and I barely slept from eating so much garbage all day yesterday....I obviously(incase you didn't notice OR knew)-do have a severe eating dissorder(I don't purge or anything like that,...I tend to overeat to the point that I can't fucking breath....)-im surprised that I even lasted this far to be honest....this diet triggers the worst out of any food addict...I know about will power and all that,but in reality this was not a refeed.....this was by far an out of control binge day that took over everything I worked for in the past 6-weeks....not WINENING or anything like that.....not feeling sorry for my self one bit....just saying,even if I did wanted to get back-i don't think I could...you wanna know why?-fuck it....here is what I had all day from 230pm yesterday:
6-No bake cookies(5-6oz ea),a slice of carrot cake,a brownie,4-doughnuts,2-hamburgers,2-reeses candy bars(that was until I left work at 6pm),then on the way home:3-krispy kreme doughnuts,2-"Tornados"(gas stations sell those-they are like a smalll Taquito rolled with cheese inside),thengot home changed clothes,went and sat down at a sports bar with a buddy,ordered a large cheeseburger+fries,then had 6-7 more krispy kreme doughnuts,left home and the last thing I had was 2-small cheese burgers(mcdonalds....those 99-cents)-i was 240 last morning,as of now,5am I weigh 252(just got off the toilet for the 3rd time..)

Man.......I'm shocked from all the support on this board....all of you people here are awesome and I appreciate every single one of you for giving me a TRUE honest opinion...you all make a lot of sense....it is 445 in the am,and I barely slept from eating so much garbage all day yesterday....I obviously(incase you didn't notice OR knew)-do have a severe eating dissorder(I don't purge or anything like that,...I tend to overeat to the point that I can't fucking breath....)-im surprised that I even lasted this far to be honest....this diet triggers the worst out of any food addict...I know about will power and all that,but in reality this was not a refeed.....this was by far an out of control binge day that took over everything I worked for in the past 6-weeks....not WINENING or anything like that.....not feeling sorry for my self one bit....just saying,even if I did wanted to get back-i don't think I could...you wanna know why?-fuck it....here is what I had all day from 230pm yesterday:
6-No bake cookies(5-6oz ea),a slice of carrot cake,a brownie,4-doughnuts,2-hamburgers,2-reeses candy bars(that was until I left work at 6pm),then on the way home:3-krispy kreme doughnuts,2-"Tornados"(gas stations sell those-they are like a smalll Taquito rolled with cheese inside),thengot home changed clothes,went and sat down at a sports bar with a buddy,ordered a large cheeseburger+fries,then had 6-7 more krispy kreme doughnuts,left home and the last thing I had was 2-small cheese burgers(mcdonalds....those 99-cents)-i was 240 last morning,as of now,5am I weigh 252(just got off the toilet for the 3rd time..)

lmao.....damn

ok whenever i shit load for a show this is pretty much what i have (i probably eat more than that..LOL) and the day after my show i eat the same way, well if i was going to do another show in two weeks guess what, i deplete back down get back to set point weight (what i weighed before the huge shit load) and then dip a pound or two less than set point and im ready to hit another show 2 weeks later! your situation is no different than mine above. so get back to the diet and handle your fucking business in two weeks bro.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws