over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

any type 2 diabetic users?

lol, i would but i found out im not diabetic at all....sugar levels are normal. now my BUN? Thats a diff story but my doc said all BBers she sees have a high BUN.

lol, i would but i found out im not diabetic at all....sugar levels are normal. now my BUN? Thats a diff story but my doc said all BBers she sees have a high BUN.

If you didn't fast for your bloodwork then the blood sugar test is meaningless, so are many other values. Didn't they tell you to fast? Didn't they ask you at the time of the test if you were fasting? What did you tell them? You need to purchase a basic book on nutrition and educate yourself.

I mentioned that to the doc and he saisd the hemoblobin AIC test has nothing to do with fasting.
so youre saying if i fasted y numbers on the glucose could have been better or worse? if its basic then why wouldnt they know this knowing i just ate

if i didnt fast wouldnt my numbers have been worse??? i had a glucosetest and a A1C test which is random and can be taken any time of the day...it measures your average blood sugar level for the past two to three months. It works by measuring the percentage of blood sugar attached to hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying protein in red blood cells. The higher your blood sugar levels, the more hemoglobin you'll have with sugar attached. An A1C level between 5.7 and 6.4 percent suggests you have prediabetes. Normal levels are below 5.7 percent. mine were exactly 5 percent after eating 2 hours before. doc knew i didnt fast and the reasons above is why he gave me that particuar test as well.....im sure he knows
as far as the glucose test, i scored 85 without fasting...wouldnt my numbers have been higher from not fasting??? if i fasted are you saying i could have been higher than 85?

if i didnt fast wouldnt my numbers have been worse??? i had a glucosetest and a A1C test which is random and can be taken any time of the day...it measures your average blood sugar level for the past two to three months. It works by measuring the percentage of blood sugar attached to hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying protein in red blood cells. The higher your blood sugar levels, the more hemoglobin you'll have with sugar attached. An A1C level between 5.7 and 6.4 percent suggests you have prediabetes. Normal levels are below 5.7 percent. mine were exactly 5 percent after eating 2 hours before. doc knew i didnt fast and the reasons above is why he gave me that particuar test as well.....im sure he knows
as far as the glucose test, i scored 85 without fasting...wouldnt my numbers have been higher from not fasting??? if i fasted are you saying i could have been higher than 85?

I was just referring to the glucose test, which would be inaccurate unless fasted. Depending on what you ate, and how long it had been since you ate, it could make the glucose test look better or worse. For example, if you ate enough carbs to spike your insulin pretty well, you would first seen higher numbers (worse) but then a little later see lower numbers (better).

I have no idea how fasting effects A1C, however, as long as you were clear with your doctor about not being fasted, I'm sure there isn't an issue.

If you didn't fast for your bloodwork then the blood sugar test is meaningless, so are many other values. Didn't they tell you to fast? Didn't they ask you at the time of the test if you were fasting? What did you tell them? You need to purchase a basic book on nutrition and educate yourself.

Blood sugar levels for those without diabetes and who are not fasting should be below 125 mg/dL. [5] The blood glucose target range for diabetics, according to the American Diabetes Association, should be 70 - 130 (mg/dL) before meals, and less than 180 mg/dL after meals (as measured by a blood glucose monitor).[6]

I was just referring to the glucose test, which would be inaccurate unless fasted. Depending on what you ate, and how long it had been since you ate, it could make the glucose test look better or worse. For example, if you ate enough carbs to spike your insulin pretty well, you would first seen higher numbers (worse) but then a little later see lower numbers (better).

I have no idea how fasting effects A1C, however, as long as you were clear with your doctor about not being fasted, I'm sure there isn't an issue.

the glucose test which was a total cbc test actually i ate a protein shake containing bananas and blueberrys about 3-4 hours before...more like 4 now that i think about it. i also did 4 tus that morning of hygetropins. they told me i didnt have to fast. its not needed anymore so i didnt. i figure docs know best but now you got me wondering

Last edited:

i feel better now after finding this on the A1C test which is the most accurate test for diabetes according to this:

Do i need to fast for hemoglobin A1C test?
No. The A1C test measures the amount of glucose bound to hemoglobin in the red blood cells. This binding process is related to the concentration of glucose present and the time of exposure. New cells are constantly created to replace old cells that are removed. Thus, the test meaures an average value of the glucose exposure over the life of the red blood cell (about 4 months). So, a one-day change, due to fasting for example, represents only a small change (one day in 120 days).
For convenience, the doctor may have A1C run on blood drawn at the same time for other tests that DO require fasting. But, the nature of A1C should not require it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear