over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any wine drinkers?

machomadness22

Registered
Just curious, I have really been into red wine lately for the past few years. I try to have 1-2 glasses a night (red only) mainly for the benefits but I will say I have turned into somewhat of a connoisseur lately lol. Numbers look great on bloods and b/p has been looking great. Anyone else? For health etc? Also looking for recommendations!

im not much of a drinker at all now days, what do you recommend as a good wine? nothing dry.

No more.

Growing up and living in the wine country (Sonoma County) I was exposed
and drank more than my fair share of wine, mostly reds: Cabs, Pinots and Zins.
And my in-laws started and operated, owned a award winning boutique winery
in Healdsburg. Hell, when I first started dating my wife, she lived above the
tasting room which guaranteed us an unlimited supply of wine. Many years later
my accelerator started working better than my brakes and later realized they
were making wine faster than I could drink it, got into serious trouble with it
and quit, cold turkey.

Enough back story . . . I think a glass or two could have beneficial health benefits
but i believe the jury is still out on that one. From what I understand, alcohol
has no business being in the human body, serves no positive benefits. And I am
not just saying that because I do not drink anymore. That being said, moderation
probably has no long term adverse effects as long if you can adhere to that.
When two bottles a night become the norm, I think you have a problem. I loved
my wine, miss it actually, but I am not capable of moderation. I am a 100%er
when when it comes to drinking so no can do.

Enjoy your occasional glass or two. Lots of great wine out there. My recommendations
would take a full page so all I can say is experiment safely and you will find some
you like and then you will be buying cases of it like I did ;).

I love wine, I’ll kill a bottle or two every week. Not TOO much, but I love it.

im a very big fan of French and Italian wines.

Keep in mind that there’s actually no real health benefits, you’d have to drink a case a day to get a meaningful dose of resveratrol.

I don’t drink at all anymore but in my past loved a glass or two of a good Pinot Noir every night. Oddly enough I developed allergic reactions and if I had a glass I’d have to also take an antihistamine. If you like Pinot though then I highly recommend Cambria Pinot Noir. It was always one of my favorites!

Just curious, I have really been into red wine lately for the past few years. I try to have 1-2 glasses a night (red only) mainly for the benefits but I will say I have turned into somewhat of a connoisseur lately lol. Numbers look great on bloods and b/p has been looking great. Anyone else? For health etc? Also looking for recommendations!
If you enjoy wine, drink wine, but I always laugh at people saying they drink alcohol (wine) for the health benefits. If you really want the health benefits just drink dark grape juice, or even better eat dark grapes (will also provide fiber) without the negatives of consuming alcohol.

If you enjoy wine, drink wine, but I always laugh at people saying they drink alcohol (wine) for the health benefits. If you really want the health benefits just drink dark grape juice, or even better eat dark grapes (will also provide fiber) without the negatives of consuming alcohol.

Well I’ll be clear I drink wine because I like wine lol but you don’t think there is any benefit truly? I mean there is so much literature on the matter honestly most of what’s out there is essentially the same
Literature on other juices that people drink for the same reason. I just look at people mainly European who do seem to live longer lives.

Well I’ll be clear I drink wine because I like wine lol but you don’t think there is any benefit truly? I mean there is so much literature on the matter honestly most of what’s out there is essentially the same
Literature on other juices that people drink for the same reason. I just look at people mainly European who do seem to live longer lives.
I suspect that European health is more based on less shitty food consumption, more activity, and better overall habits - hell, I went to Germany for a while and lost 5 lbs just from the sheer amount of walking I did, coupled with the much healthier foods.

That being said, I love wine, and steak with wine, some acorn squash, and sliced sharp cheddar is my favorite dinner.

Yes there is benefits to wine, but that benefit comes from the grapes not the alcohol. That's why I meant, if you are strictly after the health benefits you are better off consuming grapes/grape juice, rather than wine. You can get all the "health benefits" without the negative impact alcohol has on your body.

Yes there is benefits to wine, but that benefit comes from the grapes not the alcohol. That's why I meant, if you are strictly after the health benefits you are better off consuming grapes/grape juice, rather than wine. You can get all the "health benefits" without the negative impact alcohol has on your body.
I got you yeah I mean I definitely feel like 1 or two helps with my sleep and I am never groggy then next day.

I got you yeah I mean I definitely feel like 1 or two helps with my sleep and I am never groggy then next day.
That’s a great point, a glass or two and I sleep like a baby. Sleep is crucial, so… thanks, now I have an excuse to continue my habit lol

Man, I'm the opposite. One or two glasses and then I'm tossing around in bed all night. That's why I quit booze. After 20 plus years of drinking I finally decided to stop voluntarily poisoning myself. I got my Florida medical marijuana card last year and it's been the best thing I've ever done. I eat a few edibles before bed every night and sleep like a baby in my pregnancy pillow lol.

On a side note, I used to be a big red wine drinker. Got get yourself a bottle of Orin Swift Papillon and let it breathe for 30 minutes. You'll thank me later.

Man, I'm the opposite. One or two glasses and then I'm tossing around in bed all night. That's why I quit booze. After 20 plus years of drinking I finally decided to stop voluntarily poisoning myself. I got my Florida medical marijuana card last year and it's been the best thing I've ever done. I eat a few edibles before bed every night and sleep like a baby in my pregnancy pillow lol.

See I wish I could do that more but everytime I smoke or do an edible, I eat everything in site lol. Man last time I killed a bag of cereal and had like 10 pb and j sandwiches 🤣

On a side note, I used to be a big red wine drinker. Got get yourself a bottle of Orin Swift Papillon and let it breathe for 30 minutes. You'll thank me later.
What does letting it breathe do?
Does it make a difference?
Not too familiar with wines.

MS

I make several hundred gallons a year and enter into a lot of contest…don’t drink a drop of it due to an autoimmune disease that surfaced 4 years ago.

I kill scotch though

I am partial to Italian wines imported directly. That way no adde preservatives. Totally differnt ballgame. When I lived there I would have 1/2 bottle of Custoza with dinner, take a nap and go out running. Wine in Europe feels like health giving nutrient without all those preservatives. California wine gives me an instant headache and hangover. Totally differnt ballgame compared to the European vino.

I am partial to Italian wines imported directly. That way no adde preservatives. Totally differnt ballgame. When I lived there I would have 1/2 bottle of Custoza with dinner, take a nap and go out running. Wine in Europe feels like health giving nutrient without all those preservatives. California wine gives me an instant headache and hangover. Totally differnt ballgame compared to the European vino.
Why is that? How it's processed? Where its grown?

MS

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity