over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody cut their own hair?

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Starting to look like a feral wolverine. Want to fade the sides myself. Only have #1 and #2 clippers though, if I fuck up, I'm going to look like a carnival act

Any tips from people who've done it?

Keep watching youtube videos on it where they say practice is key; well that's the problem, I only get one shot :oops:

No barbers in your area doing house calls etc? Barbers have been doing house calls in my city since day one of lockdown lol...

I know this doesn’t help at all with your “do it yourself” question... Lol just thought maybe get ahold of your barber and avoid a fuck up?

Starting to look like a feral wolverine. Want to fade the sides myself. Only have #1 and #2 clippers though, if I fuck up, I'm going to look like a carnival act

Any tips from people who've done it?

Keep watching youtube videos on it where they say practice is key; well that's the problem, I only get one shot :oops:
I don't cut my own hair, I actually have a hook up. Anyways, I would start with a 2 guard or go get a 3. You can always take more off later. Once you start with a 1 and screw up, your SOL

I'm getting fed up too. The other day I trimmed the top and it turned out good. I want to shave the back and the sides. I probably will if I find a good set of clippers.

Ive cut my hair sonce i was in 8thgrade grew up poor and wanted my hair cut once a week so i taught myself.
use the switch on the side that moves the blade to blend from a zero up. start your fade low low incase you mess up.

#3 and buzz away. Trimming the back and around the ears is the hardest part. Difference between a great haircut and a shitty one? 3 weeks.

thinker,

Funny should mention this right now.

I have an old Wahl shaver that I bought ~30 years ago to trim my beard. (I was doing
the 'designer stubble' or 'heavy stubble' before many of you were born :( ) Then I started
doing my head when I started losing my hair started losing. FYI . . . I use a NO.1, 1/8"
for my beard and NO.2, 1/4" for my head.

Now it is time to look into a replacement. But good God . . . so many choices. I am going
to stick with me Wahl. And even with this tried and trusted brand there are so many makes
and models. I got mine narrowed down but sounds like you want to do a few things different
so check them out, they talk about what you want to do.

When I went to order mine a month ago, the model I wanted was out of stock. Wonder why ;)
Even on Amazon (which was more expensive).

I’m going to post a video of Luke Standoe cutting his hair it starts at 8:33 I pretty much do mine like his except the top is way way shorter! I use a number 1 Red comb 1/8” 3mm on top and fade with number 1/2 it’s gray comb 1/16” 1.5mm then use the blade all the way down. I use WAHL Balding Clipper. Make perfect practice! R.I.P. Luke

I just did for the first time in my life a couple of weeks ago and I'm shocked it came out as well as it did. I may actually cut my own hair from now on to save $30 per month.

Wahl's makes really good clippers with all the number attachments on amazon. It's sold out for now but they'll have more

I’m going to post a video of Luke Standoe cutting his hair it starts at 8:33 I pretty much do mine like his except the top is way way shorter! I use a number 1 Red comb 1/8” 3mm on top and fade with number 1/2 it’s gray comb 1/16” 1.5mm then use the blade all the way down. I use WAHL Balding Clipper. Make perfect practice! R.I.P. Luke

RIP Luke, don't really like watching stuff with people who have passed away...too recent

Used #2 on the sides and back. Left the top/front long

Look half like a grasshopper, but it'll do

I've been cutting my own hair for years. I won't let anyone else touch it now. All you need is a good mirror, clippers, scissors and a little patients at first. I use a #4 on the sides and lower back of my head and #5 for the upper back portion of my head to create a fade. The top i trim with scissors. A little trick i use- I put some hair product in my hair and stand up it straight up so I know how much I have to clip of the top with scissors.

I'm letting mine go until the barber shops are open. Gives me a good excuse to be shaggy. I'm lucky at 51 that I still have a full head of hair.

Been doing it on my own for 10+ years. As I used to be a skinhead (HC punk, not Nazi) in my younger days I have no fear of messing it up ;)

I also just buzz it short all over with a clipper. It never looks really good but it never looks really bad neither so I'm glad ;)

Ex frogman here

Been shaving all head since 17 yo going 35 now still shaving all

My wife did mine once during lockdown. Was getting past due for a second haircut and luckily our shops just opened so I could get it done Friday.

i cut my hair for a bunch of years, if you do it short and dont mind a fuck up from time to time its ok.

that said... waaaaay better to have a good barber that can do it all right!
hard to find though.

ive had a good one for a while now and had been getting mine cut in home for a while before the zombie out break.

cant beat the straight razor fade and no doing that solo!

I've been cutting my own hair (what little is left of it after 28 years of using testosterone and other steroids) since 2001, with Wahl clippers. Use the #1 guard for my hair, and then take the guard off and use the clippers to buzz off my body hair. Started shaving off my body hair when I competed in bodybuilding contests back in the mid-1990's, and now I can't stand to have body hair at all. Bought a Mangroomer off Amazon to hit the back hair...never met a woman yet who liked a man with back hair LOL.

I haven't paid for a haircut since 2001, and I don't intend on doing so again in this lifetime, lockdown or not.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131