over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody else feel like this ?

beast405

Well-known member / Kilo Klub
Registered
Does anybody else just feel like they’ve burnt theirselves out in the gym and out of the gym as far as training hard and eating so much food to the point it feels like it’s gotten old ? I’ve been working out for about 15 years now and I’ve kinda reached a point in the past couple years to where I don’t even train near as hard or as much and I def don’t push the food like I use to. I just go to the gym about 3 times a week for like 30 minutes, and eat clean about 80% of the time , take about half as much gear as I use to , to basically maintain my physique. (Because don’t get my wrong I don’t want to look like the average guy ). I stay around 215-230lbs with abs now and I’m content with it. Maybe that fire inside for the gym will come back some day but my priorities have changed. Anybody else feel the same ?

Maybe take a de-load, switch your training style (low volume to high or vice versa), or try and push yourself bf wise? I usually get less motivated or disgusted when I start to get a little soft, ill take a de-load, evaluate my programming, and then get super lean again and bust my ass In the gym so I don't lose any muscle.

No. Not at all. Training, meal prep, supps... It's all so old hat to me now I don't even think about it. I just know I feel great and have the vitality of someone 20yrs my junior. I'm riding this train all the way to the grave.

I mean tbh I lift 2 hours a day and hate leaving the gym. I got super early most mornings, and it’s the only me-time I get all day. The rest is family, but mostly work.

I love the progress, man. You can always progress in some aspect. Strength, flexibility, cardio, reflexes, technique… never stagnate.

The deload is nice

I forget but someone was saying after 6 weeks they deload for a week? But its important to get that rest in - maybe even do less workouts - some say it helps with better growth

But I know your older cat - so you might already deload and do the rest

Distance makes the heart grow fonder...goes with bb too

Ebb and flow is natural for me. When gyms were closed for covid, I loaded a ruck pack and hiked quite a few trails and state parks. Was excited to get back to the gym after the 2.5mo closures.
A few months ago, I joined a different gym, great energy, completely changed my workout again.
Maybe it's not your diet and training that you don't want to do. Maybe you're just bored with how you've been doing it. Or, maybe your life is in a rut, and that's just an extension of that.
Try to change it up, see if it helps

The deload is nice

I forget but someone was saying after 6 weeks they deload for a week? But its important to get that rest in - maybe even do less workouts - some say it helps with better growth

But I know your older cat - so you might already deload and do the rest

Distance makes the heart grow fonder...goes with bb too
Nah I’m not a older cat I’m pretty young actually lol. But yes I may try a deload brother. Or maybe it’s just the stresses of life ya know ?

Nah I’m not a older cat I’m pretty young actually lol. But yes I may try a deload brother. Or maybe it’s just the stresses of life ya know ?
Yea honestly one could say it's depression, mild

But only you can figure it out. Hell your young maybe your bored with it ATM or just lost your passion for some reason

I mean tbh I lift 2 hours a day and hate leaving the gym. I got super early most mornings, and it’s the only me-time I get all day. The rest is family, but mostly work.

I love the progress, man. You can always progress in some aspect. Strength, flexibility, cardio, reflexes, technique… never stagnate.
Ebb and flow is natural for me. When gyms were closed for covid, I loaded a ruck pack and hiked quite a few trails and state parks. Was excited to get back to the gym after the 2.5mo closures.
A few months ago, I joined a different gym, great energy, completely changed my workout again.
Maybe it's not your diet and training that you don't want to do. Maybe you're just bored with how you've been doing it. Or, maybe your life is in a rut, and that's just an extension of that.
Try to change it up, see if it helps
I'm same. Many of us do more by noon than maybe some people do all day. Today, by noon I had 3 meals in, 10:30 Mass, replaced the tube to my ice maker on my main fridge, got my youngest all situated, she wanted me to buy her these fairy wings or butterfly wings, hard to explain but got those fitted on her. Got all my chicken breasts poached for tomorrow, 8 cups of rice in the cooker, just add water and close, made tuna salad and still on this deviled egg kick. So meals all set, even have a tray of all vitamins ready to go, morning, noon, evening, all pre-filled darts, tomorrow is back day, my gym bag is all packed...

...even had time to sit out on the deck a couple hours and have 3 oz of cheap Tennessee whiskey WITH ICE and a cheap vanilla cigar and watch my girls and neighborhood kids running around like hooligans. You gotta treat yourself a little.. Running around in those butterfly wings or whatever they are, that was priceless.

And that's just another slow Sunday. Tomorrow is going to be three ring circus. But I can't lie. I love it.

EDIT: Sorry, it's Wings Of Fire wings from the dragon book series. I caught hell from both of them for calling them fairy wings. Whoops!

Last edited:
What 11sh11 wrote is great advice. I get in this funk more and more as I grow older. For me it's about priorities. Life (kids/work etc.)
gets in the way and screws up that consistency that's so important in this game. Wait till you're a bit older and dealing with all the accumulated injuries.lol Covids got me isolated right now but it's also lite a fire in me. I'm literally counting the days to when I can get back in the gym right now!

Happened to me! I still do a lot of conditioning and endurance work because my job demands it. But bodybuilding? Hell no! There is no real goal! That’s why I started powerlifting, always a PR to chase.

Set new goals and do other activities for a while. Then you will be fresh when you go back to lifting.

People always talked about Kevin Levrone not training most of the year. Only partially true. The dude would mess around with other physical activities like running, yoga, martial arts stuff, all while eating more like s normal person. That is part of why he responded fast... Wasn't just sitting on a couch.

BTW one lifting injury the magazines reported may have theoretically been Nunchuck related.

For me gym is like brushing teeth i HAVE to do it or i feel bad.
I am the same way lol. I have to workout or I feel like a skinny fat piece of shit. But I feel I do the bare minimum now. Because that’s all I have to do the maintain my physique

Yea honestly one could say it's depression, mild

But only you can figure it out. Hell your young maybe your bored with it ATM or just lost your passion for some reason
My passion for it comes and go in spurts. Sometimes I feel like going hard as fuck and then sometimes I’m just like ehh. I’m just going through the motions

My passion for it comes and go in spurts. Sometimes I feel like going hard as fuck and then sometimes I’m just like ehh. I’m just going through the motions
Sometimes just a change of scenery helps. Same gym,same faces, same workout ect. If you have the option switch your environment.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws