over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anybody else here have a cracked sternum

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
i recently started noticing the pop in the middle of the chest and latley been hurting when i wake up when i sleep on my side. i never got in a injury there so was wondering if it was any type of lift i do. only think i could think of that would do it is benchpress if your actaully droping the weight on your chest. But i do not do straight bar bench at all only dumbells could they have caused this or did shit just happen. but i do jui jitsue to so i am leaning more toward that but i never felt anything happen when rolling. anyof you guys have any probs with it

Yea got mine kicked before, then figured out later it led to a crack. I didn't have full time pain, but if in the right position or movement it hurt like a mofo! And any pressure in that direct spot almost made me cry. Took about 6 weeks to heal up, and I'm not bothered by it anymore, however haven't had any direct hits to that area recently either. Give yourself a month off from the fight game you should be okay.

I separated my sternum years back - doing 6 sets of 1 rep max bench presses. Hurt like hell. Took a year to heal. Cortisone shot helps, but when you separate cartilage it doesn't heal quickly.

I broke mine along with three ribs benching
at the time we were using DMSO on all our injurys so I thought what the hell I will try it on my broken sternum to my suprise it took most of the pain away I was sleeping sitting in a chair it hurt to much to lay down I was in terrible pain for about a month b4 I used the DMSO it still took about a year to stop popin and crackin

Broke mine to doing flips on a trampoline, it sucks bad, and theirs no cast for it, as for a crack in your sternum it may gross u out to know that I can pull up that little bone at the bottom and crack it like one would crack their knuckles and my chest pretty much will crack now when ever I strength out with my arms. Fun tines cracking and breaking your your chest protector lol

i recently started noticing the pop in the middle of the chest and latley been hurting when i wake up when i sleep on my side. i never got in a injury there so was wondering if it was any type of lift i do. only think i could think of that would do it is benchpress if your actaully droping the weight on your chest. But i do not do straight bar bench at all only dumbells could they have caused this or did shit just happen. but i do jui jitsue to so i am leaning more toward that but i never felt anything happen when rolling. anyof you guys have any probs with it

broke mine years ago.. not a crack, a break. shifted my ribcage when they laid me on my chest for xrays.. jagged bone could've cut my heart. lol.

mine was obviously broken just by looking at it.

got caught with a lucky uppercut and just split it. shitty deal... was in a brace for 2 months that held my shoulders back.

not much help.. sorry. lol

broke mine years ago.. not a crack, a break. shifted my ribcage when they laid me on my chest for xrays.. jagged bone could've cut my heart. lol.

mine was obviously broken just by looking at it.

got caught with a lucky uppercut and just split it. shitty deal... was in a brace for 2 months that held my shoulders back.

not much help.. sorry. lol

separated my ribs close to 3 yr ago being reckless during warmup sets for bench and one of my wrist/grip slipped and the bar came bouncing off my chest... a deep breath to say WTF after sitting up let all the popping and cracking give way like 4th of july... same issue though with being cartilage, typical shitty blood circulation etc... I had to take about a total of 8 weeks off... I got too brave after just a month to test the waters and partially reinjured it to whee I probably could have ok after just 6wks... I loaded up on glucosamine... like 2g's, 2x/day... I went to costco cuz its cheap that way lol also loaded up on ghrp/cjc, typical 100/100 ea dose, running it minimum 3x/day sometimes 4x/5x if could squeeze it in my schedule... I know all that damn sure helped cuz was the second quasi serious injury 100% rehabed by ghrp etc peptides in a short amount of time (if compared to some avg joe and a medical prognosis given by a reg dr which could more reasonably been 3mo minimum if I were to guesstimate)...

Last edited:
Well, since you use only dumbbells I am wondering if maybe you don't go too deep and you stretched it so much that you damaged the cartilaginous connection between the sternum and the ribs. How deep do you take it? You might actually be better off doing barbell for awhile and don't go all the way down to your chest, just go till your upper arms are parallel to the floor. If it still hurts doing that then do half reps, only go down as low as you can and not experience any pain. Use light weight for sets of 20 reps.

If you cant do anything without it hurting then youre going to have to take time off from working your chest and not do any movements that hurt.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws