advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody know how to get rid of this damn "Adstopc dot com" adware pop-ups?

MR. BMJ

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Any free downloads out there to rid of it? I'm just using regular Windows10 Edge. I have Norton360, but it didn't prevent it. Just get these annoying notification pop-ups every 30 seconds or so. I ran malwarebytes, but it didn't get it either. Most of the search links say to use SpyHunter5, but it only gives 3 options after you download it: 1) Wait 48hrs for a free 1-time scan; 2) 14-day free trial, then pay; and 3) Pay for a full subscription. Not really wanting to pay for something i'll use 1 time. Should i just opt for the 48-hr option? Or....

They give examples of how to remove it manually, but they don't specify exactly what to delete once you get to your "Registry Editor." I type the virus name in, and then it gives me the following in the picture below...but I don't want to jack my pc up, so i've not done anything yet...lol. Do I delete all those listed in the picture? Is there a way to know?

I'm a complete moron with IT stuff, so.....:(

Any help would appreciated🙏

Attachments

• adstopc.jpg
    adstopc.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 4
Any free downloads out there to rid of it? I'm just using regular Windows10 Edge. I have Norton360, but it didn't prevent it. Just get these annoying notification pop-ups every 30 seconds or so. I ran malwarebytes, but it didn't get it either. Most of the search links say to use SpyHunter5, but it only gives 3 options after you download it: 1) Wait 48hrs for a free 1-time scan; 2) 14-day free trial, then pay; and 3) Pay for a full subscription. Not really wanting to pay for something i'll use 1 time. Should i just opt for the 48-hr option? Or....

They give examples of how to remove it manually, but they don't specify exactly what to delete once you get to your "Registry Editor." I type the virus name in, and then it gives me the following in the picture below...but I don't want to jack my pc up, so i've not done anything yet...lol. Do I delete all those listed in the picture? Is there a way to know?

I'm a complete moron with IT stuff, so.....:(

Any help would appreciated🙏
So if you remember the approximate date when it started happening just do a restore point from that point forward -- that point back I mean

There was like this killer adware spyware combo that was out there but I used to use it years ago when I was in the computers and shit was all nasty but I totally forget what it was but yeah the restore point I'll go with that

Yes, you have to delete if that does not work.

Use this.

Thanks man! I used malwarebytes yesterday, and it did not pick it up:(

So you are saying that all the links in the picture I provided need to be deleted? I just want to make sure before I mess with the whole registry part. Thanks!

So if you remember the approximate date when it started happening just do a restore point from that point forward -- that point back I mean

There was like this killer adware spyware combo that was out there but I used to use it years ago when I was in the computers and shit was all nasty but I totally forget what it was but yeah the restore point I'll go with that
Thanks! Yea, I think, errr....i'm sure, I picked it up yesterday while on sportsurge for the UFC:( lol.

The restore may be the best option, i've never done it...yea i'm dumb with this stuff. Another member had mentioned trying out MBAM as well.

You can do a system restore back to when it was normal.

I think I fixed it. I think my Norton (I have a subscription until next year), and the free run with mwb, may have kept or prevented it from going deeper into my laptop. If that makes sense, lol? Once I deleted the damn thing from my cookies and blocked it from notifications, it's been gone. Laptop is running good and fast too. I ran Rkill, and it did not catch anything either. Crossing fingers, but it's been 2 days, and everything seems good.

I probably do need to do a restore though soon!

Thanks to everybody who helped:cool:

Good to hear.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear