YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anybody know the amount of fat and pro in whitetail deer?

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
in any given amount in ounces. i heard its high in fat, so would be kool to know to adjust my diet for it right

For one 3-ounce serving of venison, you would have approximately:

130 calories
26 grams protein
2 grams of fat
67 milligrams cholesterol

For one 3-ounce serving of venison, you would have approximately:

130 calories
26 grams protein
2 grams of fat
67 milligrams cholesterol

Wouldn't it vary with which body part you're eating? Like different cuts of beef are not all the same...

Wouldn't it vary with which body part you're eating? Like different cuts of beef are not all the same...

I would agree... Have you tried fitday.com for food stats?

According to fitday... 1 oz cooked, boneless, venison: 54 cal, 1.1 fat, 0 carb, 10.2 pro

... Im sure there is a difference between cuts. But at least fitday will give you the ability to estimate. Also, Im sure game meat, and wild fish vary a bit more stat wise...

I would agree... Have you tried fitday.com for food stats?

According to fitday... 1 oz cooked, boneless, venison: 54 cal, 1.1 fat, 0 carb, 10.2 pro

... Im sure there is a difference between cuts. But at least fitday will give you the ability to estimate. Also, Im sure game meat, and wild fish vary a bit more stat wise...

the way you prepare the meat also, can vary the fat content

:cool:

that would seem logical but I am not sure. after skinning about 2 dozen deer, i can tell you all their fat, from the smallest doe to the biggest buck do not have intramuscular fat (marbling) thats why it gets tough if you overcook it. and it doesnt matter if its loin, shoulder, hind quarters etc. its also why alot of regular eating type people have their burger mixed with ground pork or beef fat

that would seem logical but I am not sure. after skinning about 2 dozen deer, i can tell you all their fat, from the smallest doe to the biggest buck do not have intramuscular fat (marbling) thats why it gets tough if you overcook it. and it doesnt matter if its loin, shoulder, hind quarters etc. its also why alot of regular eating type people have their burger mixed with ground pork or beef fat

Dude, I want to come over to your house for dinner. I love venison!

I have never had the privilege of hunting but I have had elk, venison, pheasant, duck many times... I love the gamy taste, and the added benefits have to be very similar to grass fed beef, and range chicken.

You may be right, that fat content may be very low for all cuts. I wouldnt stress the food stats too much, but as long as you have a general number to work with that should be good enough. Im sure even the numbers listed on websites and packages for everyday foods vary by 2-5%.... You will never be 100% exact with all the numbers but as long as you are within 90% of actual count you should be fine... at least thats what a dietitian told me.

Dude, I want to come over to your house for dinner. I love venison!

I have never had the privilege of hunting but I have had elk, venison, pheasant, duck many times... I love the gamy taste, and the added benefits have to be very similar to grass fed beef, and range chicken.
me.

gas up the truck I have a coyote in the freezer right now, will throw it on the barbie tomorrow:D

Same here. The meat is not marbled, the fat is layered over the meat. I'd say I remove at least 95% when I butcher mine.

I just had some venison chops tonight...................

This has to be a joke, do people really eat coyote? seems a bit like eating a dog, I know some Asians would have no problem with that.

I know there are many who hunt coyote for sport as they are a varmint so I am sure there are those who eat what they kill. I live in AZ and predator hunting is popular hobby. I just don't personally know anyone who ate the coyote they shot.

i guess i would eat most things that are wild, exept for possums and racoons, cuz there known for eating trash and dead things, so coyote would be like a wild deer more than a domestic dog

This has to be a joke, do people really eat coyote? seems a bit like eating a dog, I know some Asians would have no problem with that.

I do have a yote in the freezer but no way in hell I would eat that damn smelly thing. Was gonna get it full mounted but taxidermist charges more than a damn deer. The place I hunt has way, way to many of the things, I saw 6 this year in 6 days of bow hunting.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131