over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anybody like ketosis?

evser

Registered
Has anybody tried a ketogenic diet either for cutting or general health? I want to try to use one long term (6+months) for its benefits on energy and mental acuity. Also wouldnt mind using it to cut for the summer along with some primo and var.

I would use mainly use monosaturated fats (avocado,olive oil) and coconut oil/mcts. Macros would be 200f/175p/30c.

I tend to do better on higher fat low carb anyway so I'm thinking I might as well take out the extra 100 or so and get all the benefits of ketosis.

So any personal experiences? good or bad please share.

Has anybody tried a ketogenic diet either for cutting or general health? I want to try to use one long term (6+months) for its benefits on energy and mental acuity. Also wouldnt mind using it to cut for the summer along with some primo and var.

I would use mainly use monosaturated fats (avocado,olive oil) and coconut oil/mcts. Macros would be 200f/175p/30c.

I tend to do better on higher fat low carb anyway so I'm thinking I might as well take out the extra 100 or so and get all the benefits of ketosis.

Look up Inuit diet, try to look at real articles from medical and scientific journals. They eat almost no carbs their entire lives. A few articles should answer any questions you have about benefits and or side effects.

Cut 40 pounds in 16 weeks keto last year. Works well hard on the muscles tho. Its very easy to manage intake tho as well

You may want to reconsider using coconut oil and or MCTs. According Dr. Di Pasquale they are vastly inferior to burning long chain fatty acids for fat loss and muscle preservation.

You may want to reconsider using coconut oil and or MCTs. According Dr. Di Pasquale they are vastly inferior to burning long chain fatty acids for fat loss and muscle preservation.
Mauro Di Pasquale is a quack and everything he writes should be taken with a grain of salt. I read an article in which he actually recommended injections of test prop near the elbow to alleviate elbow tendonitis pains. LOL!!!

Dr. Di P's diet wasn't meant to be a long term keto diet, it cycles carbs. On a true keto diet the type of fat or fatty acid doesn't control the amount of fat consumed, BMR does, since all ATP originates from stored fat on a strictly keto diet. Dr. Di P used carb cycling and found that LCFA improved overall fat loss when applied to that protocol. Also Everserve mentions avocado and olive oil (oleic, linolenic and linoleic are all LCFA) along with coconut oil and mct.

Last edited:
Mauro Di Pasquale is a quack and everything he writes should be taken with a grain of salt. I read an article in which he actually recommended injections of test prop near the elbow to alleviate elbow tendonitis pains. LOL!!!

No schiesse? Sounds a bit nutty. No explanation as to why anyone should do that?

Some of his supplement claims are suspect, I'll give you that.

Dr. Di P's diet wasn't meant to be a long term keto diet, it cycles carbs. On a true keto diet the type of fat or fatty acid doesn't control the amount of fat consumed, BMR does, since all ATP originates from stored fat on a strictly keto diet. Dr. Di P used carb cycling and found that LCFA improved overall fat loss when applied to that protocol. Also Everserve mentions avocado and olive oil (oleic, linolenic and linoleic are all LCFA) along with coconut oil and mct.

Oh sure, I know the metabolic diet is a CKD.

So if I go carbless for a year, MCTs won't interfere with burning bodyfat or long chain fatty acids because my BMR will be, what, lower or higher?

If MCTs don't get burned while in keto then what function will they serve. They get stored as bodyfat then converted into LCFA?

Last edited:
I occasionally cycle into ketosis for a brief period. I feel fine on really low carbs as long as I stay away from intense cardio. I usually stop once my eyes get super dry and itchy. Feels like pink eye. Haven't done it lately though, need the carbs for jiu jitsu.

No schiesse? Sounds a bit nutty. No explanation as to why anyone should do that?

Some of his supplement claims are suspect, I'll give you that.

Oh sure, I know the metabolic diet is a CKD.

So if I go carbless for a year, MCTs won't interfere with burning bodyfat or long chain fatty acids because my BMR will be, what, lower or higher?

Who's Everserve? I've gotta check this out.

How can they interfere? Your body will have no choice but to utilize fat to continue producing ATP. So my point is the amount of fat lost is going to be relative to your metabolic needs, not wether LCFA or S/M CFAs contribute more or less.

Everserve is auto corrected evser, the op and person you first responded to about utilizing LCFAs

How can they interfere? Your body will have no choice but to utilize fat to continue producing ATP. So my point is the amount of fat lost is going to be relative to your metabolic needs, not wether LCFA or S/M CFAs contribute more or less.

Everserve is auto corrected evser, the op and person you first responded to about utilizing LCFAs

MCTs, if consumed in great enough quantities (could be as low as 50 grams) regardless of how much and what other types of fat are in the diet, will temporarily short circuit the metabolic pathway to burning bodyfat and long chain fatty acids.

This process will not return until the MCTs are cleared from the system, whether you're in ketosis or not.

Sure you could take small amounts of coconut oil and it would most likely have little negative effect on fat burning but it's a tightrope walk. Why take the chance?

The body prefers to burn anything for energy, even protein, before burning it's own fat reserves.

You don't believe the quack as oliveoil referred to him, prove him wrong.

Last edited:
MCTs, if consumed in great enough quantities (could be as low as 50 grams) regardless of how much and what other types of fat are in the diet, will temporarily short circuit the metabolic pathway to burning bodyfat and free fatty acids.

This process will not return until the MCTs are cleared from the system, whether you're in ketosis or not.

Sure you could take small amounts of coconut oil and it would most likely have little negative effect on fat burning but it's a tightrope walk. Why take the chance?

The body prefers to burn anything for energy, even protein, before burning it's own fat reserves.

You don't believe the quack as oliveoil referred to him, prove him wrong.

Really? So the 600 lb obese person who loses 400lbs, loses all their muscle or most of that 400lbs was muscle? I hope you see how silly that statement about the body utilizing protein in preference to fat is. Adipose tissue is stored energy, that's its function, just like it is for a bear going into hibernation or winter lethargy or whatever the special term of the moment is.
Also could you expand a little on what you mean by this short circuiting of the metabolic pathway, relevant of course to a state of ketosis.
One last thing, I'm not trying to prove Dr Di P wrong since we in no way are comparing anything similar. In the presence of carbs, maybe mct's do interfere with fat loss, but that's irrelevant because cycling carbs mean it isn't a ketosis diet so they aren't comparable.

Last edited:
Cut 40 pounds in 16 weeks keto last year. Works well hard on the muscles tho. Its very easy to manage intake tho as well

Keto makes you look flat because there is very little presence of carbs. People claim that it works great for them which is great, but I did try it once a long time ago and my friend's pt used Palumbo for Nationals and he came in very flat and lost a lot of muscle. To each their own.

Last edited:
I think I'll give it a shot, Ive done short stints of it in the past for like 2-4 week periods and it seems like my brain just works better. Hopefully using some gear will alleviate the flatness

Keto makes you look flat because there is very little presence of carbs. People claim that it works great for them which is great, but I did try it once a long time ago and my friend's pt used Palumbo for Nationals and he came in very flat and lost a lot of muscle. To each their own.

palumbo diet is a bastardized version of keto. Keto is high fat mod protein, not high protein mod fat. doing his version defeats the purpose.

IMO

To get into ketosis, you have to do keto diet, true keto is 70%fat/30%protein (too much protein - cannot get into ketosis because protein is being converted to glucose), if somone would try to create calorie deficit on true keto diet, his protein content would be very low (only 170-200g protein 200 pound person) + no protein sparing carbs = very easy weight AND muscle loss...up the protein content leave carbs the same and you're not in ketosis...up the calories and keep protein/fat rate teh same and you are not able to lose fat, because of too much calories...true ketegenic diet = not optimal for bodybuilding (bruning fat and keeping muscles)...Dave Palumbo ketogenic diet for bodybuilders with insulin might be better option for getting into ketosis and burning fat while keeping muscle

Keto is 65/30/5
you can play with the first 2 (fats and Protein a bit)
60/30/5 is a guidline, but not set in stone.
I been eating this way for years, but more ckd style lately.

I am running the palumbo diet and getting great results from it. My tren is keeping me from burning my muscle, I do have one carb day where I have healthy carbs though and will start carb cycling more before my show. I have been on it since jan 15 and went from 211 to 187. Ten more lbs to go.

I am running the palumbo diet and getting great results from it. My tren is keeping me from burning my muscle, I do have one carb day where I have healthy carbs though and will start carb cycling more before my show. I have been on it since jan 15 and went from 211 to 187. Ten more lbs to go.

how's your workouts? (strenght)

Jay steel you got it bro!!!

I used the palumbo diet to drop some serious weight and you will get flat, but when you start to add carbs back BAM!! muscles get full work outs are awesome and i started notcing my body changing even more every day...

For me personally i found out that brown rice and kidney beans work great for me and sweet potatoes as carb sources... Oatmeal not so much.. But i was told by a nutritionist that steel cut oats are much better then regular plain old oats because the steel cut burn slower in your body and are not a processed as regular oats....

Just to give you idea i went from 6'1 276lbs 18%BF to 225lbs 8% BF....the best part is people say i look about 240lbs.....

I've only done it for a few days but it's great for cutting water weight and looking absolutely shredded.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws