YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody Use a Night Splint on their Foot?

muscle96ss

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
To make a long story short, I need to a massive reconstruction surgery on my left ankle which due to money and time is not going to happen(have needed it for around 5 years now). As a result, my left ankle is hypermobile in all movements. Whats happening is that during the night my ankle is slipping so far into plantar flexion that its causing my calf to contract and cramp up. So I keep waking up in the middle of the night with my left calf locked in excruciating pain. So much so that when it happens, I am sore for a few weeks. Its gotten to the point where I literally am having trouble sleeping because I am scared to death of waking up in pain.

Thus far I have been successful in preventing it from happening by wearing a night brace that keeps the ankle in dorsiflexion and prevents it from going into plantar flexion. However, the brace is so uncomfortable that it is hard to sleep with it. I figured I would get used to it, but that isn't happening. In addition, it is not meant to be used for walking, so every time I have to get up and pee I have to take it off and put it back on. This is not only a pain in the ass, but the velcro straps don't always stay closed; so when I lift my foot into bed it comes apart and I have to redo it.

Anyway, don't mean to bore you with my long story. But has any used a night splint before that they have found comfortable?

Could it be RLS, I didn't realize how bad mine was until I got married lol. Most AAS make it worse, especially tren.

Could it be RLS, I didn't realize how bad mine was until I got married lol. Most AAS make it worse, especially tren.

I am pretty sure I have RLS as well but the cramping is a result of the foot going into plantar flexion in a range a normal foot shouldn't be able to go into. I first started experiencing the problem about to a mild degree about a year and half ago when I would sit out at the pool in my backyard and read during the winter time. I would be wearing shoes and in the relxed position my foot would be pointing around 45 degrees in the opposite diagonal. After sitting there for a little bit, the weight of my shoes forced my foot further into plantar flexion and it would start to lock/cramp up.

So whats happening during sleep is that either the weight of the sheets is pushing down on my foot or I am moving my foot unconsciously(maybe RLS). But the cause of the problem is the excess ROM I have in plantar flexion due to the absence of stabilizing structures that a normal ankle has.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131