over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anybody uses Proscar (Finasteride)?

Either I agree, or I'm one of the lucky ones. But after using 1mg daily while cycling on and off for years, I had no sides and felt it helped me keep most of my hair (although my hairline was gradually receding, no pattern baldness). Been on test only (300mg enanthate weekly) for over 18 months now and also bumped the finasteride up to proscar 5mg dosage. Hair is absolutely thicker, and fortunately I still have zero sides. Dick works just fine, I'm equally as horny at 38 as I was at 28. Also, I have a pretty low set point and stay lean with ease. My diet is probably 80% clean and I still do 20 min of hard cardio daily, train 5 or 6 days a week, so my lifestyle keeps me in shape. I have never had any bigorexia, so whether or not it has effected my musculature I'm unsure. But I maintain my weight and composition.

This is my experience as well. I have had no problem getting lean, gaining muscle or problems getting it up. I use .5mg dutasteride ed for the last 3.5 years.

Getting a hair transplant at the end of the year. Couldn't be more excited.

The anti-finasteride stuff is way overblown. For people taking large doses of androgens, it seems even more so. Midaged men who should probably be on TRT take finasteride for hairloss and of course have a lower libido. They need all the androgens they can get, and even in these men most do no have side effects from it.

If someone has evidence otherwise, please share details, but from what I can tell all the finasteride stuff is overblown and based only on slightly reducing DHT levels and thus total androgens.

I have always thought this about naturals.

Also what about all the men out there that have never used steroids or taken propecia that can't get it up lol...:rolleyes: plenty of them out there. Let's get it straight some men will have this problem no matter what. Then they start propecia and blame it on that.

Last edited:
The chances are in your favour that Finasteride won't cause significant side effects, however, even with that in mind, I still prefer to keep my systemic DHT in tact for body composition purposes as well.

RU58841 1x per day + Minoxidil 2x per day + Ketoconazole shampoo 1x eod is the best alternative in my opinion.

The chances are in your favour that Finasteride won't cause significant side effects, however, even with that in mind, I still prefer to keep my systemic DHT in tact for body composition purposes as well.

RU58841 1x per day + Minoxidil 2x per day + Ketoconazole shampoo 1x eod is the best alternative in my opinion.

doesnt Minoxidil keep your scalp greasy all day long? Thats actually the only stuff on the market that manufacturer claims it has been clinically proven to thicken existing hairs and possibly regrow up to 25% of the hair.

doesnt Minoxidil keep your scalp greasy all day long? Thats actually the only stuff on the market that manufacturer claims it has been clinically proven to thicken existing hairs and possibly regrow up to 25% of the hair.

No because I opt for the Rogaine foam instead of liquid Minox.

If you opt for the liquid then you will probably need to go with a higher end brand that dries quicker rather than the cheap Kirkland liquid Minox if you have longer hair and don't want it to look like complete garbage all day.

Last edited:

If you opt for the liquid then you will probably need to go with a higher end brand that dries quicker rather than the cheap Kirkland liquid Minox if you have longer hair and don't want it to look like complete garbage all day.

no i have very short so having a greasy shiny scalp is the last i need, but yeas, i was thinking about the foam too...will probably get some today...i think Walgreens carries their brand minoxidil 5% as a foam too, but not sure

I've used it for over 10 years. Never had problems. I think the potential for sides are way overblown.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

They may be but after reading this and other forums I am not taking that chance. I was so excited my dr prescribed it and before I could get the script I read more and changed my mind. I just started RU and hope to get some good results. It is suppose to only affect DHT at the scalp which should eliminate most sides.

They may be but after reading this and other forums I am not taking that chance. I was so excited my dr prescribed it and before I could get the script I read more and changed my mind. I just started RU and hope to get some good results. It is suppose to only affect DHT at the scalp which should eliminate most sides.

this blows my mind, I am not taking the chance that I could be one of the small minority to feel a side out of the millions of users but I will chance the drug that has no long term testing, is a non pharmacy product with no quality control standards in place and that despite hair loss being a billion dollar industry and the 2 approved meds for hair loss being huge money makers, the company with the rights to the drug abandoned the research on it instead of pursuing the pot of gold waiting upon approval, why do you think the company gave up the pursuit of this drug? do they not like being rich lol...it's all nice in theory, it's not going to go systemic just going to save your hair and nothing bad but there's a reason a company doesn't pursue a money maker, it's not safe, it doesn't work or both.

are you a rep for chemayo? ...that RU product for blocking DHT, i researched a bit - apparently works locally for the scalp?? correct? I didnt find many ppl using it since it still a research chem but u said u do.....u apply it as Minoxidil any issues with greasy scalp/hair?

the sides affect less than 4 percent of users while 2 percent of users felt sides with a placebo so even if you wanted to go on the high end and say 4% had felt a side, the odds are still very low that it'll affect you. The odds that the sides are permanent are infinitely lower than that 4% so yes the sides talk is overblown. The lots of accounts of negatives online is just how it goes, the happy ones aren't online looking for posts about fin to say it's halted my hair loss progression for the last 15 years but a guy goes soft after using fin for a week and he's on every board he can find bitching about it. The happy guys are out living their lives. If you have hair loss there is no reason it shouldn't be your first step. If you are having sides then using it in an eod approach is the next step, if sides persist and you need to look for alternatives, i'd look at topical fin first...then move on to minox and/or RU
Topical finasterine? Where does one get that? And is it effective?

Topical finasterine? Where does one get that? And is it effective?

It is proving to be a good alternative to oral fin. Patients who are either afraid of oral fin or do get the sides were switched and in talking to a couple docs i know well they reported that the guys who had sides on the oral were able to switch over effectively and not face the sides while the other patients weren't showing any sides as yet either. Sample sizes aren't huge, I think the one doc I talked to said hes got about 50ish patients on it, as most still go the oral route as its far cheaper but so far so good. Dr Hassons clinic in Canada has far more patients on it they were one of the first to actively start making this product available. Theyve got a bunch of patients on it, they still recommend the oral as the first route as it tends to be covered by insurance while the compounded version is not but they have been quite happy with the results im told by their rep. They got a couple studies posted on their site that you can look at

https://hassonandwong.com/topical-finasteride-solution-prescription/

As for where to get it, thats the tough part, you may have to dig around with some transplant docs and find one thatll script it for you in the US. I believe Dr Wesley in New York and Dr Baumann both have a topical fin solution if you google them you can get their office numbers and ask them how to go about getting a script. Dr Hassons clinic obviously offers it in Canada.

It is proving to be a good alternative to oral fin. Patients who are either afraid of oral fin or do get the sides were switched and in talking to a couple docs i know well they reported that the guys who had sides on the oral were able to switch over effectively and not face the sides while the other patients weren't showing any sides as yet either. Sample sizes aren't huge, I think the one doc I talked to said hes got about 50ish patients on it, as most still go the oral route as its far cheaper but so far so good. Dr Hassons clinic in Canada has far more patients on it they were one of the first to actively start making this product available. Theyve got a bunch of patients on it, they still recommend the oral as the first route as it tends to be covered by insurance while the compounded version is not but they have been quite happy with the results im told by their rep. They got a couple studies posted on their site that you can look at

https://hassonandwong.com/topical-finasteride-solution-prescription/

As for where to get it, thats the tough part, you may have to dig around with some transplant docs and find one thatll script it for you in the US. I believe Dr Wesley in New York and Dr Baumann both have a topical fin solution if you google them you can get their office numbers and ask them how to go about getting a script. Dr Hassons clinic obviously offers it in Canada.
Ok. Very interesting. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner