over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody using Optimum Nutrition "Hydro Whey"

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've been using TP's protein lately and love it but I have access to this stuff for a GREAT deal and was wondering if it is decient protein , or does it cause alot of gas and blaoting like some inferior proteins do?

I use the 100% Whey Gold now and then with no problem and from what all the ads say the Hydro Whey is even better , I was just wanting some actual feedback from anybody using it

IMO, The Hydo cost doesn't justify using over the whey. I actually switch to Nutrabolics Isobolic protein. Much smoother and better, IMO, then Optimon Nutrition

Well , I'm basicaly getting this stuff for free and have the choice of several differant powders and just figured i'd give this a shot. I'll see if he carries Nutrabolics products

I'm not realy worried with the protein mixes (whey , casine &egg) rightnow as i'll be drinking the shakes between meals and i have casine that i use for my late night shake , but who knows it can't hurt to try it

Last edited:
i have been wanting 2 try that as well...

I got a big tub of HydroWhey as a gift. Its decent. I don't have trouble digesting any protein so I cant say as far as bloating or digestion if its solid. The taste was tolerable. I could'nt justify spending the extra $$ on it over an isolate...but if you're getting it for free or a great price then why not give it a shot?

I just bought some on e-bay, I have not got it yet, but I have heard good things from a few guys at the gym.

I think the chocolate taste good, and doesn't cause me any stomach issues.

Not worth the cost in my opinion, but obviously your circumstance is different.

Well , it looks like it has a good amino profile , good BCAA's and is supposed to be very quiclkly absorbed so it can't be all that bad , plan to use it this off season between meals and added to meals to get my protein up without costing me an arm and a leg for food.

I realy like proteins that don't have any carbs or fats that way i can adjust that as needed.

Personally, I really liked ONs Plat Hydro Whey. Good taste, mixes instantly and no bloated gut. Little too pricey for me, but if you're going to get it for free then hell yeah go for it G.

Yeah, you should never turn down free protein. :) You could always sell the remainder on ebay if you didn't like it or use it to cut another protein to double your total servings.

one of the best pwo proteins out there! I get a 3lbs jug for 36$ ! know optimum rep! good stuff

I've been using the strawberry for a couple weeks, super clean, mixes well and no digestion problems.
Given that it digests for quickly I usually save it for post workout.

I've bought protein factory's hydrolyzed whey before and I think the ON is better and about the same price.

Dymatize ISO 100 is pretty good too.

ON is a good company IMO. I have used the Hydro but don't see a whole lot of difference between it and Gold Standard from ON except for cost. Gold Standard is cheaper.

Good quality, tastes decent and mixes decent.

i bought it when it first came out and didnt notice any results away from what i would normally use which is the ON pro 45 which is isolate. then i read an article by lyle mcdonald posted on here saying that hydro protein actually does a worse job of filling your muscles with glycogen PW than casien would (he had some study). so i switched back to isolate and throw in some concentrate in my PW mix also. i would atleast mix it with something a little slower IMO.

tried a few samples and they digested just fine. IMO getting the aminos into the blood stream say a few minutes faster is not going to make a world of difference. I ate whole food only for a while postworkout and noticed NO difference.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws