advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone betting on the McGregor fight tonight?

It’s not like he needs the money. He sold his whiskey company for over half a billion dollars. He’s definitely set for life
Well, some people can't have enough. Just look at guys like Mayweather. It could be more of a desire to be in the news and the center of attention too. Who knows.

I'm a fan of McGregor. You need bad guys to stir the pot, it is entertainment. Would be boring if we just had a bunch of nice guy athletes who worshipped eachother. I don't always like the cocky shit talking aholes ( Rhonda Rousey was a joke) but Connor plays the heel role and I've found him entertaining.
Yeah, it reminds me a bit of professional wrestling when I was growing up. My dad and I loved that stuff. Problem with McGregor is that it's real, happening in public a d people getting hurt.

Someone mentioned sexual assault too. I'm not familiar with those charges.

Don't forget a few years ago McGregor sucker punched a 50 year old man in the head because he didn't want a shot of Conor's whiskey. The guy's a real prince!
Didn't know about that one. Guess he's not a guy that likes the word "no". Guy or girl, better say yes.

It's real easy to speculate about Conor.

Should he have punched the older man in the head? Probably not. Was there more to it than rejecting his whiskey? Who knows? Conor could have been drunk and stupid which many/all of us have been in our lives. And when you have a couple hundred million and you are worshiped wherever you go - I'm sure it's easy to let it get to your head.

Did he sexually assault a woman? Sure hope not. Could he easily be a victim of people trying to file lawsuits or claims to get a payoff? Certainly. I hate to say this..but there are plenty of random casual encounters I have had in my days - crazy, sometimes fantasy type stuff on the spot etc. If I was a celebrity known to have money, I would really fear that these consensual and casual experiences could turn into accusations of things against me. It is hard to believe UFC would still have him fighting if the sexual assault stuff really had teeth to it.

Conor has elevated sports, MMA, UFC...he has raised pay, he has raised interest, he has raised awareness and is one of the reasons it catapulted to what it had become before the sale of it to WME. We shouldn't ever forget that Conor absolutely starched everyone he fought and called every one of them on his ascent. He held two division titles at the same time. He had some of the most electrifying and brilliant performances in history and has something like 8 of the top 10 PPV's in UFC history. No MMA fan should forget what he has done for/with the sport. Not to mention, he is only fighting the absolute best - which is often overlooked.

I do wish he was easier to defend..and sometimes I am not sure if it's an act or he just loses his bearings and can't handle all of it all the time.

His formula has to change though if he decides to continue after this. (Which BTW he was set for life several years ago.) He will face Dustin again because the way this ended was no way to seal a rivalry. Conor lost the round 10-9 or 10-8 perhaps - but he didn't take near the damage he should have taken under Poirier. (The round looked like a possible 10-8, but if you really watch and see the damage and how he was covering up and not a lot of the shots were landing from Poirier you will see that it's more like 10-9.) Also, Conor can put someone out at any time...so there's an easy argument that he could come out in round 2 or later and have knocked Dustin out cold. Unfortunately, he had that gruesome break and we will never know how that fight would have ended.

There are still two HUGE fights for him that don't go away.
Poirier 4
Diaz 3

As time goes on, the divisions do get more dangerous. I think Conor and Olivera would have been a good matchup for Conor but now that he has to not only go down in the rankings, but also sit out and re-hab...guys like Gaetchje (who are already a nightmare) could very well be getting better. It's a very interesting landscape for Conor going forward..and it isn't new, but will undoubtedly be more evolved.

Conor is a Dana white creation and that is about it. He must have some sorry on white or white must have a crush on him, no Dana means no Conor.

Conor is a Dana white creation and that is about it. He must have some sorry on white or white must have a crush on him, no Dana means no Conor.
No Dana means no UFC too.

What kind of ridiculous comment is this babble? Maybe you have a great business man and promoter who has harnessed the talent of someone who walked the walk AND talked the talk and was a SPECTACLE side show in himself as well. Why, when a hungry superstar like this comes up and takes any fight given to him and steamrolls them all...and allows all the short notice substitutes(that he didnt train for in camp) to just slide in - in place of injured fighters AND HE STILL KNOCKED THEM all out cold until Nate which originally looked to follow that path - would you not:
A)Give your superstar what he demands
B)Strategically plan for the best possible paths to super stardom and revenue?

I forgot to mention that he avenged Nate in the rematch that is probably the greatest fight in UFC history.
Then he fucking destroyed Alvarez who was the CHAMPION in the next weight class.
Then he transcended boundaries by fighting Floyd.
Went after the unbeaten Khabib..
Destroyed Cowboy(who has the most finishes and wins in UFC history)
And re-engaged with Dustin for charity that turned into a UFC rematch where Dustin kicked the fucking legs off him... then created the trilogy that we just saw?

And all this from a guy who was homeless and jobless 10yrs ago in Ireland and loved fighting. Yeah, all Dana White.

So you like the guy, I don’t, who cares. I think he’s a scumbag, he’s a good fighter no doubt, I don’t think great and although he brought a lot of attention not all of its good. He makes ufc look bad and I think it looks bad for Dana that he keeps giving that bum all this attention. My opinion, you see things differently in your babbling.

No Dana means no UFC too.

What kind of ridiculous comment is this babble? Maybe you have a great business man and promoter who has harnessed the talent of someone who walked the walk AND talked the talk and was a SPECTACLE side show in himself as well. Why, when a hungry superstar like this comes up and takes any fight given to him and steamrolls them all...and allows all the short notice substitutes(that he didnt train for in camp) to just slide in - in place of injured fighters AND HE STILL KNOCKED THEM all out cold until Nate which originally looked to follow that path - would you not:
A)Give your superstar what he demands
B)Strategically plan for the best possible paths to super stardom and revenue?

I forgot to mention that he avenged Nate in the rematch that is probably the greatest fight in UFC history.
Then he fucking destroyed Alvarez who was the CHAMPION in the next weight class.
Then he transcended boundaries by fighting Floyd.
Went after the unbeaten Khabib..
Destroyed Cowboy(who has the most finishes and wins in UFC history)
And re-engaged with Dustin for charity that turned into a UFC rematch where Dustin kicked the fucking legs off him... then created the trilogy that we just saw?

And all this from a guy who was homeless and jobless 10yrs ago in Ireland and loved fighting. Yeah, all Dana White.
Alvarez past his prime...
Cerrone wayyy past his prime...
Aldo past his prime....although that was a huge win
Before Aldo he beat Chad Mendez who was a stud but if you remember, he took that fight on two weeks noticed and was gassed by the 2nd Rd. Chad was working him in the 1st. I'd hardly say 'starched'.
Before that, really no signature win...before Diaz anyway.

He was rushed to prominence due to his larger than life personality (good for him) and incredible self promotion. He's a very talented fighter but nowhere near the hype in my opinion. As Bio, eluded too, he never defended his titles either. He has enormous power at 145, but it doesn't translate up all that well too 155, and certainly not 170.

Average wrestling, below average BJJ by today's MMA standards. Okay grappling. Great boxing. Below average gas tank. He was Dana's darling (or Ronda Rousey).

I won't argue w you in regards to what he did for MMA. You're absolutely right, there. I just don't think he was the fighter he was made out to be....he was the most famous MMA fighter of all time, but nowhere near the most talented inside the octagon. Outside of it, sure, most def and it made him a very rich man so good on him.

I'm not even a huge Dustin P fan but he has a goddamn impressive stretch of fights in his last 8 or 9. That's fighting the who's who in my opinion moreso than McGregor. I don't know or not about a 10-8 1st round but you could see Conor was outclassed and it sure looked like he was headed for an ass whoopin'.

In any case, I had $$$ on Dustin by 1st round TKO so imma ride off into the sunset w my opinion 🤑🤑🤑

Alvarez was the champ.
Cowboy had been 2-2 in 2019 I think and won a few fights in 2018. He wasn't where he's currently at which is clearly past his prime.
Aldo past his prime? Hadn't been defeated in over a decade at the time.
Mendez was a wrestler Conor didn't prepare for.
FYI Starch means defeat by knockout. That is what happened..so there's nothing to 'hardly say' about it.
His signature win was vs Aldo. But more importantly, every win in the UFC up until that point was his signature win.
He knocked Eddie down 3-4x. He knocked Nate down at least 3x. These were at 155 and 170..so IMO, the power does translate. I agree it's not putting people out cold as easily.
He's the most famous fighter of all time in the UFC and the greatest entertainer but nowhere near the greatest fighter.
I actually like Dustin and agree he is on a hell of a stretch but this would be akin to you saying Aldo was past his prime. You'd have to be speculating to say that THEN and you'd have to luck out and be right. That is why I don't think Eddie or Jose were past their prime when it happened. Hell, not even Cowboy really but there's a little more there that would indicate he was trending that way. But when you get a wild seasoned professional that just likes to brawl...you never know which is why it was interesting until it wasn't LOL.

Alvarez was the champ.
Cowboy had been 2-2 in 2019 I think and won a few fights in 2018. He wasn't where he's currently at which is clearly past his prime.
FYI Starch means defeat by knockout. That is what happened..so there's nothing to 'hardly say' about it.
His signature win was vs Aldo. But more importantly, every win in the UFC up until that point was his signature win.
He knocked Eddie down 3-4x. He knocked Nate down at least 3x. These were at 155 and 170..so IMO, the power does translate. I agree it's not putting people out cold as easily.
He's the most famous fighter of all time in the UFC and the greatest entertainer but nowhere near the greatest fighter.
I actually like Dustin and agree he is on a hell of a stretch but this would be akin to you saying Aldo was past his prime. You'd have to be speculating to say that THEN and you'd have to luck out and be right. That is why I don't think Eddie or Jose were past their prime when it happened. Hell, not even Cowboy really but there's a little more there that would indicate he was trending that way. But when you get a wild seasoned professional that just likes to brawl...you never know which is why it was interesting until it wasn't LOL.
Ole' Knighty boy always so defensive upon disagreement lol

I'll give you Aldo, that's it and I still think he was past his prime but it was a starching in every sense so I will give that to ya. The rest I disagree. Aside from yes, Chad was a wrestler (who also has heavy hands and sounds as if he's making a comeback). You're right there, Conor also didn't prepare for a wrestler.

But I digress and don't want to argue as I'm just a fan of the sport.

Let's talk about this kid, holy shit that was hard to watch and I was actually hoping Herb would step in and disagreed w Rogan. There are comparisons but I have never seen somebody move forward like this kid and take clean shots to the face in such a way.... And NEVER STOP MOVING FORWARD. I was in shock watching this kid. A true zombie. And,,,,showed up to work early on Monday after what could have been 3 rounds w the Suga Show in which I don't think he stepped backwards once. For fuck sakes we should be talking about this kid.

Screenshot_20210712-173617.png Screenshot_20210712-173617.png

I'll give you Aldo, that's it and I still think he was past his prime but it was a starching in every sense so I will give that to ya. The rest I disagree. Aside from yes, Chad was a wrestler (who also has heavy hands and sounds as if he's making a comeback). You're right there, Conor also didn't prepare for a wrestler.

Let's talk about this kid, holy shit that was hard to watch and I was actually hoping Herb would step in and disagreed w Rogan. There are comparisons but I have never seen somebody move forward like this kid and take clean shots to the face in such a way.... And NEVER STOP MOVING FORWARD. I was in shock watching this kid. A true zombie. And,,,,showed up to work early on Monday after what could have been 3 rounds w the Suga Show in which I don't think he stepped backwards once. For fuck sakes we should be talking about this kid.

View attachment 139108View attachment 139108
You're 100% right. Fucking unbelievable. I have never seen that kind of ass whooping and the guy still coming forward and consistently making his opponent back up. I kept waiting for him to go out but the dude is a damn zombie. Being able to take that punishment cannot be good for your brain.

View attachment 139108View attachment 139108
It reminded me of the way Cabbage Correira would just walk through punches and keep coming at you. I agree the fight should have been stopped earlier but damn the kids got heart

It reminded me of the way Cabbage Correira would just walk through punches and keep coming at you. I agree the fight should have been stopped earlier but damn the kids got heart
LOL...Cabbage. Cabbage vs Tank...those were the days.

Man he took so many head kicks from Tim Sylvia his corner had to throw in the towel
Sadly I think he'll be one of many from that era who will suffer from Dementia Pugilistica. The sport was less refined in those days and maybe it's just me but the sport seemed extra brutal back then.

Sadly I think he'll be one of many from that era who will suffer from Dementia Pugilistica. The sport was less refined in those days and maybe it's just me but the sport seemed extra brutal back then.
Oh you’re not kidding. Cabbage didn’t have any quit in him, and he had a harder head than was good for him

Alvarez was the champ.

Connor is a really good featherweight. at lightweight his power isnt the same. He never defended his belt at featherweight or lightweight. He barely beat nate the second time they fought. Nate is a gatekeeper and a lightweight so thats not saying much. The dustin fight was only going to get worse. Connor fades in fights and his power has a major drop off. Dustin gets stronger as the fight goes on.

I agree he helped bring UFC to a wider audience and knows how to make lots of money. He is still a complete prick and his comments after the dustin fight proved it. I will be happy the day he retires.

Connor and Dustin are the same age too. It seems like Dustin is younger in the ring.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws