over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone eat pork??

comedycentral

Registered
im looking for a few alternatives to go with the standard chicken and beef.

i always thought that pork was very fatty and a poor choice however i have heard a few people say pork steaks are a good lean meat choice.

so anyone for pork and which cut??

and why were at it anyone have any other alternative meat choices that a bodybuilder friendly??

lets list them

i Slow cook pork shoulder in the crockpot on ocassions for BBQ sandwiches for the family, although it is pretty fatty IMO. We also get the lean pork loin from the grocery store which comes out really tender and juicy. It comes already seasoned as well.

bonless pork ribs. Grill em on the q drops out alot of fat during cooking. Are we to assume you dont like fish, tuna salmon tilapia ect.

my family eats alot of wild pork sausage and roast.

Store bought pork we generaly just get loins and trim the hell out of it and grill it , as mentioned before alot of the fat will cook out and drip off

Eating now

Some country style (boneless) ribs.

Those are typically pretty low in fat. They go on sale for $2.25-$2.75 a lb fairly frequently for me. A nice alternative to boneless/skinless chicken breasts...

Bone-in Tenderloins are hands down the juiciest though. Yeah a good amount of fat but not as bad as chicken thighs or chuck ground beef...

Pork shoulder in slow cooker on low for 10 hours and a bottle of sweet baby rays.... You just can't go wrong.

Some country style (boneless) ribs.

Those are typically pretty low in fat. They go on sale for $2.25-$2.75 a lb fairly frequently for me. A nice alternative to boneless/skinless chicken breasts...

Bone-in Tenderloins are hands down the juiciest though. Yeah a good amount of fat but not as bad as chicken thighs or chuck ground beef...

Yes i get those too!! Cheap and very tasty, $1.98 a lb here :)

I like ground Bison..... I don't hunt but I wish I did... I'd def stock up on venison... tastes great

As for pork.... I cant do it unless its pulled pork :D

I actually eat more Pork than Chicken as it's cheaper.

I'm surprised how many people don't know all of the cuts of pork with pork chops being lean.

Heck I eat all parts of the pig. Bacon, Shoulder, Chops, Ribs, Ham, and even Pigs Feet.

pork chops either grilled or oven baked with beans and bacon = aww yeaah.

slow open fire roasted pork loin on a spit covered in black pepper and sea salt is too delicious... and cheap as hell.

I actually eat more Pork than Chicken as it's cheaper.

I'm surprised how many people don't know all of the cuts of pork with pork chops being lean.

Heck I eat all parts of the pig. Bacon, Shoulder, Chops, Ribs, Ham, and even Pigs Feet.

Pigs are about the most cost effecient animal to raise , they will eat ANYTHING !! they are all but immune to any infection , ive never heard of one being poisened even after eating a bunch of rat poisen or from eating somthing bad and i have seen them eat some awfull stuff.
We catch wild hogs live then cut the boars and depending where we catch them we'll feed them out for a few weeks before slaughter. Anything not consumed by humans is cut up and fed back to the other hogs , their is zero waste!!
A pig farmer told me once
"the onlything we throw away from a hog is the squeel and im tryin to find a use for that"

Lots of pork here especially when I'm bulking. I read one time that branch hunts and eats a ton of wild hog. Taste better than chicken also.

Just ate 8oz of pork tenderloin. I pick up 1lb of pastured pork sausage and bacon everyweek and add a little bit of one or the other to dinner almost every night. Adds nice flavor and quality calories.

Also I grew up eating a ton of pork and so did my ancestors.

It is old news already that Pork meat is leaner than beef. It is also way cheaper. You can find cheap trays of pork tenderloin at Walmart.

I'm trying to find a source for Ostrich eggs. You pin a hole in the shell, suck the egg white and there's like 50 grams of protein right there.

pork tenderloins in the vacume containers:

4oz: 140 calories, 3.5g fat, 23g protein. pretty damn lean

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member