over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone eat this type of Turkey?

JAP426

Registered
What is the general consensus of eating this? Good or bad? Pretty quick and convenient to make turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread and take to work.

**broken link removed**

I'll be damned before anything Oscar Mayer enters my body.

Just buy a turkey breast, cook it and slice your own non-processed delicious turkey if you want a sandwhich. Tastes better, healthier and most likely cheaper

There are preservatives (for obvious reasons), and gelling agents to help keep texture and form. Neither of which are really going hurt you, although some people on the board might raise a racket about it.

I think it's a great option, and far better than missing a meal if you need to find something to get your numbers in.

However, I don't think it's something you'd want to make multiple meals of your day every day.

I dont think the taste of is it all that good. And seems to taste worse after a few days opened. I never really was a big fan of "lunch meat" tho.

Ingredients: TURKEY BREAST, WATER, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM LACTATE, SALT, SUGAR, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, CARRAGEENAN, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM DIACETATE, SODIUM ASCORBATE, SODIUM NITRITE, CARAMEL COLOR

NO THANK YOU!!!

just buy one of those roasted turkey breasts that pretty much all major grocery stores keep on that warmer with all the roasted chicken if your looking for convenience

Well - when in a bind, I decide to continue living my life and have a turkey sandwich, to each his own :D

Nothing like a good prosciutto sandwich with provolone, bocconcini cheese and olives on the side.

Chip.

I buy this from time to time, but can't find anything that adds much taste to it. I usually top it with a little mustard. Any suggestions?

Try sauteing it in some chunky salsa, add black beans and a little greek yogurt on top in place of sour cream. Freaking delicious. You can also try some southwest mustard or South west salad dressing from Paul Newman which is awesome as well.

Well - when in a bind, I decide to continue living my life and have a turkey sandwich, to each his own :D

Nothing like a good prosciutto sandwich with provolone, bocconcini cheese and olives on the side.

Chip.

Me too!! I have eaten variety of sliced turkey and brand the OP listed is actually one of the better tasting ones. I like to rinse mine off first before eating as it get's rid of some of the funk!

Chip.

Yup, in a bind or once in a while is not a big deal but as a daily source of protein....not so good. It's loaded with sodium.

me too, what do you add to it? looking for ideas

I eat extra lean ground at least once a week. I add an organic low cal teriyaki sauce that I found at Whole Foods but not too much because its somewhat high in sodium. I'll also use A-1 or Walden Farms BBQ sauce.

thx-trying to spice the extra lean up while keeping it healthy

I eat extra lean ground at least once a week. I add an organic low cal teriyaki sauce that I found at Whole Foods but not too much because its somewhat high in sodium. I'll also use A-1 or Walden Farms BBQ sauce.

me too, what do you add to it? looking for ideas

I make a few batches of burgers very rare (so I can reheat them and not have them dry out) and each batch I season with various herbs and Mrs. Dash Seasonings. Just take out a few pounds at a time, mix in seasonings, grill and repeat with new batch and new seasoning.

Borsari is awesome (has a decent amount of sodium though) but having all different kinds of flavors keeps things from getting boring.

Once in a while if I really want a sandwich on ezekiel bread, I use this: **broken link removed**

Ingredients: Turkey breast - that is it, not even added salt, just the sodium that is naturally occurring.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner