advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone eating contest prep food year round??

That looks tasty.
Personally, I would have lost my frickin mind if I was eating a perpetual contest prep diet year round. Eating clean was hard enough in those months leading up to a show let alone in the offseason when I needed those shit calories to fuel heavy/high volume workouts. Comes down to self discipline and knowing when to put down that 5th-6th piece of pizza and hit the salad bar.

Out of curiosity...what kind of job requires you to walk up 10-12,000 steps/day?

I work for a maintenance contractor at a NASA facility , and rather than drive a truck or golf cart around I walk or ride a bike. It’s a 1000 acre facility with the main manufacturer building being 43 acres.

That looks tasty.
Personally, I would have lost my frickin mind if I was eating a perpetual contest prep diet year round. Eating clean was hard enough in those months leading up to a show let alone in the offseason when I needed those shit calories to fuel heavy/high volume workouts. Comes down to self discipline and knowing when to put down that 5th-6th piece of pizza and hit the salad bar.

Out of curiosity...what kind of job requires you to walk up 10-12,000 steps/day?

I get plenty calories , even during prep I’m not suffering at all. The last couple weeks I’ll be hungry but nothing that’s going make be get all pissy. I’ve done the starvation , high drug , 2hr of cardio a day shit and it’s just pointless.
Once you figure out what your body prefers dieting gets much easier

This is second breakfast , 12oz flank steak and 4oz steamed asparagus , I don’t think I could ever get tired of thi meal

Attachments

• C1A98C75-19DA-4FA9-A594-B2724D0BFB0D.jpeg
    C1A98C75-19DA-4FA9-A594-B2724D0BFB0D.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 220
I ate a basically contest diet year round for 20 years other the dinner when I loosened things up and ate more of what I wanted. During the day very basic, no seasonings, sauces etc. Low fat meat,rice or potatoes some veggies and fruit. The volume of food would change depending on my goals. At dinner I would cook Indian, Thai, Mexi or what ever sounded good. Dinner was a real joy. But I would still make it all to the healthy side.

I do for the most part, except i'll adjust carbs up a little more, and also some healthy fats. At work, I usually stay pretty constant Monday thru Friday and eat the same thing. Then for Post-workout, it is usually the same. The last meal of the night will vary....protein with some kind of meat, a carb source (sometimes too much), or i'll have what the GF cooked. I get loose on eating something sweet at this point. The weekends I have to work on more, this is where it make or breaks me since i'm not at work. That being said, I've not really taken all this too seriously the last 5-8+ years compared to how I did pre-2009. Trying to change all that this year forward again. Once you get kids and more responsibilities, things change. You go from trying to be perfect all year to just trying to make it 60-70%. My kids are 2.5 and 5.5 years old, so they are still young and need me around a lot. Shit, I need them:love::cool:

I ate a basically contest diet year round for 20 years other the dinner when I loosened things up and ate more of what I wanted. During the day very basic, no seasonings, sauces etc. Low fat meat,rice or potatoes some veggies and fruit. The volume of food would change depending on my goals. At dinner I would cook Indian, Thai, Mexi or what ever sounded good. Dinner was a real joy. But I would still make it all to the healthy side.

Y tho?:confused:Just because you're dieting doesnt mean your food cant be good.. get with the times.

Year round unless its my birthday, thanksgiving, ect. My food tastes better than most restaurants. Not Texas De Brazil though, they win.

I just feel better and function better on every level when I eat a prep type diet all year. To me that just means eating clean and for a purpose. The only difference between offseason and prep is I'll eat more (obviously) during my offseason and also have a cheat or cheat meal a couple times a week.

I just feel better and function better on every level when I eat a prep type diet all year. To me that just means eating clean and for a purpose. The only difference between offseason and prep is I'll eat more (obviously) during my offseason and also have a cheat or cheat meal a couple times a week.
I had a couple double cheeseburgers last night, and instead of fries all I wanted was a big bowl of oats with some apples and cinnamon, so I had that as well. Moderation? :D

It's all about balance :D I honestly do the same thing sometimes, lol

I had a couple double cheeseburgers last night, and instead of fries all I wanted was a big bowl of oats with some apples and cinnamon, so I had that as well. Moderation? :D

I'll have a big burger or pizza or lasagna , it taste amazing but I'll have to make twice as many trips to the shitter the next day , it's like my body is trying to flush it out or something. The day after a way off track meal my appatite is way lower as well

There is a private owned burger place here in town that makes incredible hamburgers , they grind the meat for your burger when you order it so you can ask for less fat add in onion or mushrooms to the patty and they make there own steak fries. That's about the only place I can get a "burger and fries" with it messing up my gut.

Any of the fast food places kill it

I've always loved the less healthy food but 95+% of the time I stick with the same foods year round. It's a bit boring but helps with consistency

I must say I had to become a much better cook n now eat the same foods year round.

My body performs n feels better there is no doubt and I love my meals.

However any new additions ruin my guts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I eat the same foods year round, only change the quantities. Stomach issues and allergies are part of it, but mostly because like others here, I eat for a purpose and reason: it's fuel and ammunition for what I want to accomplish with my body. Anything that isn't helping me get to my goal, is hindering my path to the goal.

When I was younger and competing, I used to binge on junk foods in the off-season and then have to work really hard to cut off the excess fat gained before my contests. You can get away with that to a certain extent when you're young, but it's much harder to get and stay lean as you get older.

Now that I'm over 50 and no longer competing, I just try to stay reasonably lean and in shape all year; I'm not so worried about bulking up but just trying to maintain the mass that I've already built over 33 years of training in the gym.

I try to eat high protein, high fat, low carb meals during the day to stay alert and a little hungry, and then try to eat more carbs for dinner to increase satiety and serotonin levels to help me sleep better at night.

Breakfast is always 6 eggs, 2 slices bread, 2 slices of cheese.

Lunch is almost always a chicken breast on 2 slices of bread, with half of a 32-ounce bottle of kefir.

Intra-workout and post-workout, whey protein mixed with Gatorade.

Dinner varies a little bit, but is always a big piece of meat, chicken, or fish with rice and plenty of vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, green beans, asparagus, spinach, carrots, all washed down with the remaining half of the 32-ounce bottle of kefir.

If I go out to dinner, I usually have salmon or swordfish with rice and vegetables, although I do love a good steak and baked potato as well.

Never drink soda or eat snacks, never drink alcohol, rarely I will have a little ice cream if I am out somewhere with the kids and we are all having a good time together.

Eating like this year-round has enabled me to stay lean, with prominent veins and abs, all year long. I will just increase or decrease the amounts of food, but keep the foods the same, if I am trying to add a little more muscle or cut a little bit of fat.

Consistency is much more important in life than intensity ever will be. Stay consistent all year long and then it's much easier to see what works for you and what doesn't, and exactly what you have to cut out if you are getting ready for a photo shoot or contest.

I tend to eat the same year round…..i try to stay pretty lean year round. I eat mostly protein/fat/veg meals with my carbs around training if I’m eating carbs. I do have a cheat meal most Saturday nights with my wife and kids but, they are never really that bad……..this last Saturday night was my first “cheat meal" in 3 or 4 weeks and I had 8oz of bison, probably 2 cups of white rice, a salad, a few strawberries and for desert 2 homemade cinnamon rolls my wife and daughter made. I woke up the next day looking good and feeling good. Now if I would have had something really greasy like a pizza my digestion would have been messed up the next day big time and I would have felt more like shit!

I mix two of these and a little dry mix and a few tablespoon of ranch powder for 4 pounds o meat. It definitely makes a huge difference in how much you can eat when it taste good.

Looks yummy. Do you mix that ground beef taco seasoning with either ground chicken/turkey or ground beef? Cook 4 pounds of meat at once and store in tupperwares for a few meals?

I tend to eat the same foods too year round with small variations here and there.

Reading some of this does make me sad though... if you're not enjoying your eating and/or you think you're more hardcore or holier than thou by eating a certain way, you are missing out. Unless you are being paid to do this professionally, enjoy food. Eat things you like. Don't be a complete asshat about it, but go and enjoy yourself once in a while. It's all about balance!

I eat the same foods day in and day out. Figured out what digests well, whats convenient, price. Theres like an entire mental algorithm at this point that dictates what I eat. The only thing that really changes is the portions. I throw some occasional shit in there but it's very rare.

A lot of people love food but i'm not one of them. I generally have no appetite ever. I don't know if it's from constantly force feeding or if its because im always full, or if its because im so burned out on eating. I have no desire to deviate from what im currently doing though.

Having Ulcerative Colitis I pretty much stick to the same basic foods that I know I can handle. If I cheat or overeat I usually regret it so I limit it to a small snack here and there

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131