advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone eating contest prep food year round??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I’m not really dieting per say , actually just ramping things up to grow a big before a prep next year.
I find myself eat pretty much the same foods year round now , just a bit more with slight differences in macros and I’m wondering if anyone else sticks to the basic foods year round.??
I find myself just being able to eat the same shit day after day and when I do “Splurge” of things like pizza or other off plan foods my stomach is fucked up for 12-18hrs to where I have no appetite and often nauseous and diarrhea so I just don’t bother anymore.
Does anyone else have that issue??

This is 6oz ground turkey breast made into taco meat with 4oz grilled chicken breast , 5oz steamed green bean topped with one tablespoon EVOO and one tablespoon walnut oil there was also 4oz fresh pineapple and 4oz fresh blueberrys (12oz of red meat per day is usual though)
75g Protein , 32g Fat and 34g Carbs.
Been eating this 5 times a day with a 50g whey 50g carb shake post training and 15g EAA and 50carbs intra training.
So 425 Protein , 265 Carbs , 160g Fat = about 4200 calories
I’ve been extremely busy with work getting in 10,000-12,000 steps a day , much of which is stairs hopefully that slows down so I don’t have to increase the food to grow.

Attachments

• 24474014-200A-42BB-AE97-2B8986C89138.jpeg
    24474014-200A-42BB-AE97-2B8986C89138.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 406
I generally like to stick to the same foods as I also have a very sensitive stomach. Even large spikes in caloric intake will set it off and I'll be in and out of the washroom all day. If I'm not "dieting" for anything specific then obviously my portion sizes will increase. I'll also incorporate more healthy fats into my meals plus more red meat and whole eggs. For the most part however, the same foods are usually kept as the base of my diet as they've always worked well for me.

M18

I eat the same 5 or 6 meals each day just for convenience sake/budget with an occasional splurge thrown in. I find sticking to the same food is easy(ier).

I agree, for the most part the same foods just different macros, aside for like adding some sherbert or fruit when I get a sweet tooth. Definitely more peanut butter LOL. If I go too nuts with a splurge it is great reminder of why I eat like I do normally because it effs my stomach up for a couple of days sometimes. That sucks. I enjoy what I eat even if its the same. Most meals are about 50g prot, 70g carbs (I use waxy maize mostly for my carbs), and about 15g of fat. Calories are between 4000-4500 a day.

I eat the same stuff all year and just adjust portions up or down for growing or dieting. Through years of trial and error I've figured out what works best with my body for digestion, performance, how I look, etc., and I have no desire to alter that.

From eating the same for so long I literally don't have cravings for anything, even in the depths of dieting. Even my cheat meals are pretty much always Asian food, I just never want anything else.

The staples for me are 98% ground beef, 99% ground turkey, shrimp, various fish, bison, almonds, cashews, veggies, rice, and glass noodles.

I'm doing a recomp, so my calories are low. Just slightly under 3200. Constantly hungry! Anyways, I eat the same food all the time. Chicken, ground Turkey, eggs, oats, rice krispies (post workout), hbcd, avocado, natural pb, broccoli, mixed greens, blueberries

You use the taco seasoning packets? My god it doesn't matter if I'm eating 5k calories, if I have ground turkey or beef with that seasoning I can eat another 10oz like it's nothing.

2 cups rice with 10oz ground turkey with taco seasoning and you just can't go wrong!

I eat the same stuff year round like most of the posters on here.
Only think that changes is the amount and when im not hardcore dieting I throw random shit in there haha.

You use the taco seasoning packets? My god it doesn't matter if I'm eating 5k calories, if I have ground turkey or beef with that seasoning I can eat another 10oz like it's nothing.

2 cups rice with 10oz ground turkey with taco seasoning and you just can't go wrong!

I mix two of these and a little dry mix and a few tablespoon of ranch powder for 4 pounds o meat. It definitely makes a huge difference in how much you can eat when it taste good.

Attachments

• AB2773CC-E23C-4BFF-9D0F-39CE15C01561.jpeg
    AB2773CC-E23C-4BFF-9D0F-39CE15C01561.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 351
Yeah, the majority of my meals are "bro" foods. My macros are so high now that I'll throw like an oreo or 2 in at the end of a meal or some ice cream at the end of the night, etc so I can hit my numbers without feeling so stuffed that I have to waddle around lol.

I’m not really dieting per say , actually just ramping things up to grow a big before a prep next year.
I find myself eat pretty much the same foods year round now , just a bit more with slight differences in macros and I’m wondering if anyone else sticks to the basic foods year round.??
I find myself just being able to eat the same shit day after day and when I do “Splurge” of things like pizza or other off plan foods my stomach is fucked up for 12-18hrs to where I have no appetite and often nauseous and diarrhea so I just don’t bother anymore.
Does anyone else have that issue??

This is 6oz ground turkey breast made into taco meat with 4oz grilled chicken breast , 5oz steamed green bean topped with one tablespoon EVOO and one tablespoon walnut oil there was also 4oz fresh pineapple and 4oz fresh blueberrys (12oz of red meat per day is usual though)
75g Protein , 32g Fat and 34g Carbs.
Been eating this 5 times a day with a 50g whey 50g carb shake post training and 15g EAA and 50carbs intra training.
So 425 Protein , 265 Carbs , 160g Fat = about 4200 calories
I’ve been extremely busy with work getting in 10,000-12,000 steps a day , much of which is stairs hopefully that slows down so I don’t have to increase the food to grow.

I’m exactly the same.

I have slow gastric transit any way.

However it seems longer I follow a strict eating plan the Worse my digestion is in terms of eating other foods.

This tho is quite common. I work in eating disorders for nhs n private nutrition n see it across both fields

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with you guys as well... practically all the same foods year round....I will eat more red meat during improvement season... carbs and fats go up but nothing crazy... its weird...I can eat whatever the hell I want but still find myself eating the same stuff.....

Isnt that called bodybuilding? :p

Lifestyle. All day everyday. I'll have some bbq over labor day weekend. Nothing crazy. More of a sushi/steak guy.

No, I can’t. I love lifting and bodybuilding but I refuse to give up food. I go on vacations to eat, I like to try out new restaurants.

Kudos to you guys that stick to the life style year around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because of stomach issues and convenience. I eat pretty much the same food year round

I'm the same way.

Eat the exact same thing 4 to 5 times a day. (Grass-fed ribeye steaks, white rice, kefir with kimchi)

Portions pending on the day.

The meal is so delicious I don't crave cheat meals.

Maybe a snack here or there while I unwind at the end of the day.

When i was seriously competeing and trying to make gains i would basically eat contest prep foods mon thru friDAY then friday night thru sunday night eat whatever i wanted including shit food ie pizza etc i stayed fairly lean and sometimes think those extra caloric weekends helped me recover and grow a lil. they def help me keep my sanity
-F2S

I pretty much eat the same foods year around as well. Like mentioned above its convenient once you developed a pattern, easier to budget and I dont have to worry about indigestion, diarrhea or nasty water retention.

I do not know if you have seen it, a lot of bullshit and bro-science of some preparers and youtuberes saying that you should vary your food so as not to produce food allergies. Lol, I can eat eggs, veal, casein and chicken for years and years, and protein is still protein.

When I leave my diet plan, it usually feels bad. :mad:

That looks tasty.
Personally, I would have lost my frickin mind if I was eating a perpetual contest prep diet year round. Eating clean was hard enough in those months leading up to a show let alone in the offseason when I needed those shit calories to fuel heavy/high volume workouts. Comes down to self discipline and knowing when to put down that 5th-6th piece of pizza and hit the salad bar.

Out of curiosity...what kind of job requires you to walk up 10-12,000 steps/day?

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly