over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else do low protein?

Oscar777

Newbies
I've always been a "low" protein guy, ie. I just shoot for the recommended 56 grams daily for an active adult male, usually end up closer to 75g.

This was purely due to poverty when I was younger, carbs were just cheaper and I had no other choice, but I can honestly say I never noticed being hindered in any way, I still developed to what seems to be my peak potential. Later on when I had money I tried much higher protein, but I had no benefits in terms of appearance, so I always went back.

The biggest benefit to me is that staying very lean year-round is a breeze, I'm ALWAYS carbed up, full and able to get a pump, and mentally I never feel deprived, even when in a severe deficit I can still fit nearly any food I want into my diet on a daily basis since my carbs are still usually above 300-400. In contrast, on a traditional high-protein, low carb diet I feel like crap, I can only sustain that for 16-20 weeks, and the entire time I'm battling intense cravings and look flat.

It's probably not for everyone, especially those heavily blasting or competing, but for me just doing this as a lifestyle, it's cheaper, far less restricting, easier on digestion, and has always led to the same results in the mirror.

I've always been a "low" protein guy, ie. I just shoot for the recommended 56 grams daily for an active adult male, usually end up closer to 75g.

This was purely due to poverty when I was younger, carbs were just cheaper and I had no other choice, but I can honestly say I never noticed being hindered in any way, I still developed to what seems to be my peak potential. Later on when I had money I tried much higher protein, but I had no benefits in terms of appearance, so I always went back.

The biggest benefit to me is that staying very lean year-round is a breeze, I'm ALWAYS carbed up, full and able to get a pump, and mentally I never feel deprived, even when in a severe deficit I can still fit nearly any food I want into my diet on a daily basis since my carbs are still usually above 300-400. In contrast, on a traditional high-protein, low carb diet I feel like crap, I can only sustain that for 16-20 weeks, and the entire time I'm battling intense cravings and look flat.

It's probably not for everyone, especially those heavily blasting or competing, but for me just doing this as a lifestyle, it's cheaper, far less restricting, easier on digestion, and has always led to the same results in the mirror.
Not hating just really curious can you post a picture of you in best shape ?
I was watching in a youtube , but cant remember the link that body adjust to any amount of protein and utilise it in best possible way. If you eat more it will
Somehow adjust to it and so on. There are few members here who maintain really well on low protein. I was also watching ketosavage-natural bber who says that on keto in last stages of prep he could go as low as 65 grams of protein and was fine no muscle loss. I personally physique wise and taste wise feel good on moderate protein due to satiety effect of proteins. Could I go lower? Maybe, but i just like to eat 😁 Btw there is a clip on yt- all carb diet, guy just cut almost on carbs and I think he was dry and full. I dont think he lost any muscles at all.

Yeah I definitely don't think this is ideal for those competing or blasting, but I noticed quite a few guys here are just maintaining on TRT doses now that we are getting a bit older, and I think at that point all the extra protein is just really expensive glucose since we aren't building anything any more. I did try keto here and there but didn't like it, I think the benefit for me comes from going really high carb, which I can only do if I keep protein/fat as low as I can manage.

Honestly, I'm on accutane right now and my back/chest are breaking out pretty terribly (not gear, just bad genes) so not too thrilled with posting a current pic, i'll see if I can dig up an older one when I get home. I'm not as big as a lot of guys here, but stay in pretty respectable shape.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws