YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else ever have a Lumbar Microdiscectomy?

FLPL88

Newbies
I'm 2 weeks post surgery right now from an L4-L5 incision. If anyone else has had this surgery, how long did it take for you to start lifting again? By the way I feel now, I assume I'll be able to start lifting lightly within the next couple weeks.

I'm still pretty sore around the surgical site. I'm not able to fully bend down without some pain, but it is bearable. The main thing is the nerve pain is gone. Before the surgery, I couldn't bend or lift my leg up without a massive spike of pain in my lower back. I've just been taking it easy and I'm still taking 1 or 2 percocets a day.

Just curious as to the others that have had this surgery and your experiences.

I had L4-L5,L5-S1 done about 5 yes ago. Doc said no lifting for atleast 6 months. Those percocets don't help with lifting either. I also felt I cult lift 2 weeks after surgery.

This will vary greatly from person to person and how fast your body heals. I had L5/S1 fused and took over a year to do back workouts again but I was able to do chest and supported arm workouts within 3 months. Your surgery should have been pretty simple and quick and 3 months I'd think is typical recovery time before you get back into 100% form but that of course depends on things such as your age, healing capabilities and the size of the incision. Bottom line is, I would not stress it if you are in pain as you are likely to cause a prolapse of the weakened anulus. Your doctor really should be the one to tell you when but listen to your back.

I wanted to make sure that I never had to have back surgery again so I just did light walking a couple weeks after. Then a month later did light arm/machine stuff. Did that for 3 months before doing anything involving bending, back exercises, unsupported stuff or heavy movements.

Now I am just scared shitless to ever do deads or squat again

This will vary greatly from person to person and how fast your body heals. I had L5/S1 fused and took over a year to do back workouts again but I was able to do chest and supported arm workouts within 3 months. Your surgery should have been pretty simple and quick and 3 months I'd think is typical recovery time before you get back into 100% form but that of course depends on things such as your age, healing capabilities and the size of the incision. Bottom line is, I would not stress it if you are in pain as you are likely to cause a prolapse of the weakened anulus. Your doctor really should be the one to tell you when but listen to your back.

Good to see ya here man! This board is the shit! Lots of good info here and lots of support! This is where the real world bodybuilding information is! Look forward to seeing you around. I know with your knowledge base you'll definitely be a good guy to have around here!

Thanks for the info guys

And yea Deflation, the thought of a dead or squat makes me cringe:eek:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear