advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else following Big A's growth principles hit program??

That's right. For this routine to be efficient, failure work out type is a must.

I know that I am a hard gainer but the mon/wed/fri doing push/pull/legs is the only program I ever really got anything on as far as results. I did better on it natural than other routines while juicing.

I have done a hybrid of Big A's program and Dorian's program the last 5-6 years. 4 days a week. It is the only program I like and that works for me.

that jus means ur not hittin it hard enough, gotta tax that muscle ull wanna rest

So I guess all the guys workin out 5 and 6 days a week aren't workin hard enough huh?

this is just a basic hit program. that, done right, meaning full on failure, works very,very well. i do this and a reverse pyramid routine, same 3 sets to failure, and my results have been good. went from 195 to 220 in less than 3 years, and i barely used any gear. a bit of tren is all, here and there. and, i stayed the same bf, around 10-12%. do it!

So I guess all the guys workin out 5 and 6 days a week aren't workin hard enough
9 times out of 10 there not workin hard enough, jus tonin havin fun hobby style :) unless ur prepping for a show or already achieved the muscle growth u set out for then workin out 5 to 6 days wk hard is jus askin mr cortisol to pay u a visit lol, hey recovery time is jus as important as training thats when the muscle grows by stayin anabolic so 1 or 2 days especially for a beginner of recovery won't cut it if the training is intense enough for growth, stay anabolic

So I guess all the guys workin out 5 and 6 days a week aren't workin hard enough huh?

They are working hard , but less intense probably.
high intensity training to fail and beyond takes longer cns recovery.

some that wo 5-6 days a week might find that they would have done better with allowing more recovery time , some might not.

Which have you found to work better for making progress? Performing 1 single set to failure per exercise after warm-ups or using RPT (Reverse Pyramid Training) where you perform 2-3 sets to failure per exercise with the weight for each successive set is reduced by 10%. Example set 1 150lbs. then rest a few minutes, set 2 135lbs. etc.

Which have you found to work better for making progress? Performing 1 single set to failure per exercise after warm-ups or using RPT (Reverse Pyramid Training) where you perform 2-3 sets to failure per exercise with the weight for each successive set is reduced by 10%. Example set 1 150lbs. then rest a few minutes, set 2 135lbs. etc.

bump as im curious too!

I guess no one has trained in that style before. Unless maybe you've trained by Phil.

this is the routine ill be following in the new year...

however instead of doing it mon-wed-fri im gonna do it day on, day off...which just means ill get a few extra workouts in a month..but not so much that im overdoing it..

Still should be good though!

you might be able to set it like a three way DC , 4 days a week.

im doin this right now. different schemes for different muscles. 4-6-8, up to 8-10-12. i think, well, i know, for me, this is the ultimate program.
better progress than dc style even. it's not 10% tho. shoulder press example last week was 320 for 4, 300 for 6, 280 for 8. rest about 2 1/2 minutes tween sets. and it's a plus mentally, too.

Very busy for Holidays so hadn't had time to post. He explains the warming up, but since I'm 30 now if I need an extra warm up set or two I will. As for cycle, I'm pretty much now following a HIGHLY cut down version of big as truth thread and gh15 principles. Within the limits I'm.willing to go, I'm re evauluating all that now. After Xmas when I get back from Ohio and seeing my fianacees WONDERFUL family, I will decide finally if I wish to continiue down the road. Money isn't an isssue. They own huge organic farms, her, her own high end salons, me a successful training career, I just love the darn look. I think it is something kids that grew up in 80s had with unreal muscle cartoon figures and action stars, mind fcked some of us. Some days i see a 304lb 6'4 day but MOST I see the 144lb guy I started as. My therapists days alot of guys from my generation have it. Most become bodybuilders. The never ending happiness drives us/them. She said I could wake up a ripped 376tomorrow and MIGHT be happy with what I see for a bit but it wouldn't last, because I don't see what others see and may never will. It makes sense because that ten pounds that I thought would do it, brcame 20 etc etc, I'm sure it sounds familiar. But no matter what bigas principles is what ill always use. Works like nothing other!

I like the "reverse pyramid"(didn't know it was called that) because I almost always work out alone and I probably don't get to complete muscle failure on that one set. I push myself hard, but I'm sure that on things like incline bench I leave a Rep in the tank that I wouldn't if I had someone there to save me, lol.

Something I try to do is use some hammer strength machines so I can go to true failure.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I do the reverse pyramid on exercises I can not rest pause safely , like back rows....

Aussiebulldog and others that have followed the routine...

Could i make it into a day on, day off type routine...so have the 3 workouts as outlined...and just do it day on, day off...simple?

On the working set..when you reach failure then what should ne next...Just 1-2 forced reps followed by 1-2 negatives with a static 10s hold at the bottom of the rep...obviously if training with a partner..

If your training by yourself, how would you incorporate the reverse pyramid...just reach failure, drop the weight and go again..then thats a working set?

I had very good success like this

DC 2 way split, trained EOD but I have no spotters so my sets were always just a tad shy of failure, and reverse pyramid sets.

Like bench:
340x8
315x6
300x5.......each set took damn near failure. I workout alone, so hard to do complete failure/negatives/forced reps.

I'm a DC fan all the way, but this is a good substitue if you workout in your shed like I do lol

I like the "reverse pyramid"(didn't know it was called that) because I almost always work out alone and I probably don't get to complete muscle failure on that one set. I push myself hard, but I'm sure that on things like incline bench I leave a Rep in the tank that I wouldn't if I had someone there to save me, lol.

Something I try to do is use some hammer strength machines so I can go to true failure.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

u can do incline or decline bench using the smith machine. pretty safe. use the safety catches, whatever they're called.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131