advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else following Big A's growth principles hit program??

I presume what totally kills the muscle in the 2negative reps you perform with the last one being a static hold?

I think it's a great program but maybe a little outdated in the diet dept. Unless you're well above 250lbs LEAN (Low single digits), I don't see the need for that much protein.

I'm really stuck on whether to try this, or to try the Ultimate Hypertrophy Training which Razor Cuts wrote about?

try partial only reps going only close to halfway down or up on all your excercises. With a 1 sec negative and exploding on the positive part of the rep for 2 work sets of 13 to 20 reps with 90% of your 1 rep max. If you cant get that many reps shorten your range of motion till you can get at least 12 reps. when you can get 20 reps add weight or lengthen your range of motion. You should get a pump to the bone literally and grow like a weed if you use enough intensity

I presume what totally kills the muscle in the 2negative reps you perform with the last one being a static hold?

yeah! i do similar to this until, its a Pushing movement, i m barely able to move the weight....(always use a spotter)
for many other exercises i perform STAGGERED sets,
ex Bent over Barbell rows: i use a weight that would allow me to reach failure @ 6th rep....so i would perform the set, as 3 reps only (50% of strength used in a sense) then 10 sec break again go for 3 reps x 2 times(10 sec break) and then 10-15 deep breadths to Go for a full throttle 3-4 reps. Controlled Negative at all times. (A total of 12-14 reps of my 6 reps max.)

So for me i would again call this "MY 100% Failure" as it has delivered very good growth throughout last 3 years when i first applied it.

The staggered set can be applied to almost all the exercises. Overall HIGH INTENSITY MEANS - HEAVY WEIGHT UTILIZED FOR HIGH NUMBER OF REPS THAN ONE NORMALLY CAN.

Last edited:
I started BigA's program 2 months ago and I have very good results.My strength goes up continuesly and I sure notice growth.I'll stick to it and try to increase weights in every workout.

Great program, however id like to hear his input on pct. I saw gainskeeper mentioned. Dr Intensity what does your pct look like with this program? Or do you just upp dose when stagnate? Or go on cruise dose for a bit?

Gh use I saw a lot of guys blast mon/wed/fri with goos result :)

Great program, however id like to hear his input on pct. I saw gainskeeper mentioned. Dr Intensity what does your pct look like with this program? Or do you just upp dose when stagnate? Or go on cruise dose for a bit?

Gh use I saw a lot of guys blast mon/wed/fri with goos result :)

i don`t follow the gain keeper formula,
1. My cycles are always around 16-18-24-30 weeks, and I use Testosterone-Enanthate Only @ 1000-1500mg/week, with an A.I (Letrozole @ 2.5mg x 2/week or Aromasin 25mg x EOD). {Finesteride 2mg + HCG @ 2000iu}/every sunday

2. PCT is around 8 shots of 2000iu injectable HCG administered with an aromatase inhibitor, so for 16 days i am trying to recharge my dead battery. This is the time when ester clears off, then a 21 day ANTI-ESTROGEN regime
Clomiphene Citrate @ 100mg(50mg x 2)
Tamoxifen Citrate @ 20mg(10mg x 2)
I would do this PCT if i have not used HCG during the ON CYCLE duration.

if i have used HCG during on cycle time, then i would simply wait for the ester to clear, then again the 21 day ANTI-ESTROGEN REGIME.

3. I HAVE LOST TRACK OF THE NUMBER OF CYCLES I HAVE DONE from 2004-2011. Presently i am 255-257lbs @ 13-14 percent bf assuming i can see my abs clearly and serratus anterior muscles have cleared up...however adipose tissue in lower abdominal region is still a pain in the Ass...lol.

4. Although my cycles are pretty long but my training protocol is 3 weeks on 1 week off....and REPEAT until i reach my goal.

5. When muscle gains plateau, i bump up my dose----but keep in mind i am eating a meal plan 500 grams pro/120-150grams fat/200-500 grams(cycling carbs)....so as you can SEE that i am fulfilling the first and foremost criteria/component of progressive anabolism, Now when my gains halt i have to bump my 2nd Component, as thats the only thing i can do and simply have to do to keep the gains coming @ rate of 1-2lbs/week of "Quality mass"
If i had been eating 277 grams protein with 75 grams of fat and 200 grams of carbohydrates, then i would have needed to improvise on both the COMPONENTS of progressive anabolism, which means i have to increase food (PRO/FATS/CARBS) along with almost 45-60% increase in drug dosage to keep the muscle gains coming.

hope this helps bro
Dr Intensity

i don`t follow the gain keeper formula,
1. My cycles are always around 16-18-24-30 weeks, and I use Testosterone-Enanthate Only @ 1000-1500mg/week, with an A.I (Letrozole @ 2.5mg x 2/week or Aromasin 25mg x EOD). {Finesteride 2mg + HCG @ 2000iu}/every sunday

2. PCT is around 8 shots of 2000iu injectable HCG administered with an aromatase inhibitor, so for 16 days i am trying to recharge my dead battery. This is the time when ester clears off, then a 21 day ANTI-ESTROGEN regime
Clomiphene Citrate @ 100mg(50mg x 2)
Tamoxifen Citrate @ 20mg(10mg x 2)
I would do this PCT if i have not used HCG during the ON CYCLE duration.

if i have used HCG during on cycle time, then i would simply wait for the ester to clear, then again the 21 day ANTI-ESTROGEN REGIME.

3. I HAVE LOST TRACK OF THE NUMBER OF CYCLES I HAVE DONE from 2004-2011. Presently i am 255-257lbs @ 13-14 percent bf assuming i can see my abs clearly and serratus anterior muscles have cleared up...however adipose tissue in lower abdominal region is still a pain in the Ass...lol.

4. Although my cycles are pretty long but my training protocol is 3 weeks on 1 week off....and REPEAT until i reach my goal.

5. When muscle gains plateau, i bump up my dose----but keep in mind i am eating a meal plan 500 grams pro/120-150grams fat/200-500 grams(cycling carbs)....so as you can SEE that i am fulfilling the first and foremost criteria/component of progressive anabolism, Now when my gains halt i have to bump my 2nd Component, as thats the only thing i can do and simply have to do to keep the gains coming @ rate of 1-2lbs/week of "Quality mass"
If i had been eating 277 grams protein with 75 grams of fat and 200 grams of carbohydrates, then i would have needed to improvise on both the COMPONENTS of progressive anabolism, which means i have to increase food (PRO/FATS/CARBS) along with almost 45-60% increase in drug dosage to keep the muscle gains coming.

hope this helps bro
Dr Intensity

Dr, your cycling practice is perfect as far as I am concerned, a lot of people here could learn from the point one that you made.
Also I was curious, have you posted any before and after pics since the photo you had in your avatar?

Dr, your cycling practice is perfect as far as I am concerned, a lot of people here could learn from the point one that you made.
Also I was curious, have you posted any before and after pics since the photo you had in your avatar?

i`ll try to post before and after pics, However was a ectomeso (the ones who always wins in arm wrestling types...so u get an idea, 135-140lbs at 19 year old then 22 i was 165lbs natural(150 contest day)

then ever since i went on to the eternal journey of progressive lifting and more muscle mass, after 6n1/2 years of training i was 225lbs @ 20% bodyfat. Then i got ripped my girl wanted to flaunt my abs and those iliac creast and the viens, @ 195-197 @ 5-6% BF.

then i broke-up with the girl and just trained for a good 3 years (the best bodybuilding years of my life), i went upto 235lbs in two years (quality mass) and 274 (little fat @ 15% BF). I am 5 feet 8 1/2 inches tall.

my dietary recommendations are a bit bro logical yet have proven to be Effective.

for any serious bodybuilder with ht less than 5 feet 7 inches should eat
1. 400gm of protein
2. 150gm of fats (as your basic muscle food)(MONO-UNSATURATED FATS and 15-20 grams of fish oil)
3. Cycle Carbs depending upon how you look ie if you find yourself bloated, despite all water control measures then its the Carbs that are the culprit, Bloating is the classical sign of fat gain, and too flat looking muscles = asking for Carbohydrate induced hydration. (150-300grams of carbohydrates)
4. Four to five lbs/month of "QUALITY MUSCLE GROWTH" + water reduced fats is great for long time growth.

Interesting diet dr. intensity. Would you mind posting a sample diet? I am thinking about lowering my carbs a bit, and have more protein/fats. Although, I still haven't decided on what kind of meals I will make yet. I'm looking for ideas.

Interesting diet dr. intensity. Would you mind posting a sample diet? I am thinking about lowering my carbs a bit, and have more protein/fats. Although, I still haven't decided on what kind of meals I will make yet. I'm looking for ideas.

one very important thing to consider is not to think too much about you OFF SEASON Diet, unless you are getting all the protein and essantial fats in, eat anything JUST have a 3 scoop whey isolate + 20mg fats-- prior that,

4-5 times a day and you have eating 350 grams of protein, and what`s so HUGE ABOUT having 150 grams of protein, through whole food
Now you going on a Mass Phase So automatically it should come to you that you need a huge supply to
Carbohydrates (glycogen filled muscles) Even Maltodextrin works,(people abuse it............... for no reason) then these days we get GLYCOGEN LOADERS waise maise have 3-4 scoops on training days.

Yes i do believe in Carb Timining ---its simple MEAL 1, PRE-WORKOUT and POST-WORKOUT, if one has a tendency of growing too much fat too early...............therefore I recommend CARBOHYDRATE cycling
1. BLOATED LOOK = DECREASE CARBS---First sign of FAT GAINS
2. FLAT LOOK = INCREASE carbs.
----Dante trudel is spot on with his advice of OFFSEASON CARDIO(to keep the bodyfat percentage as happy as you can).

there are many different ways to put on MUSCLE one of them is these...

ex one can go with 75grams Pro:35 gram of fat x3- 4 times daily + 2-3 carb meals
75gram pro:100grams of carbs......if you go by the CONVENTIONAL 6 meal plan
and don`t consume carbs non workout days, in 6-8 weeks you should see a remarkable difference, throw in some cardio: empty stomach there you go,

"X" amount of bodyweight with 10% bodyfat, and still growing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear