advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else get diahrea from fish oil? How to tolerate it?

Update -
So I tried a TEASPOON, 1 teaspoon, once a day over the past three days and it undeniably gives me constipation which later turns into diarrhea and nausea and extreme bloat. What gives? I have tried liquid fish oil many times over the years and every time I wind up regretting it because of the symptoms mentioned above.

Do you think i might have some sort of fat malabsorption? BTW when i took the fish oil over the past two days, each time i took them with digestive enzymes. The same thing happens when I eat eggs, just to a somewhat lesser degree. Only reason i would rule out the fat malabsorption is that I use whole milk in my coffee in the AM and it gives me no issues.

If anyone has a similar experience or suggestions I would really appreciate it as it is extremely uncomfortable for me.

Do any other fats do this to you? Try downing a tablespoon of olive oil and see if you get the same effect. If so....maybe it could be a gallbladder issue

Hey guys
I take krill oil capsules and they work but when I try and drink fish oil for some reason my stomach just hates me! And it’s really good quality too. I wonder if there’s anything I can try or do to overcome the stomach distress?

What about you guys

I take Barleans Fish oil ( mango flavor) You wont freaking believe how good this stuff is and zero fish taste. I also take some cold pressed Hemp seed oil. Try it and you'll thank me for sure!! I take it on empty stomach but for my kids I put it on top of cereal or yogurt.

Do any other fats do this to you? Try downing a tablespoon of olive oil and see if you get the same effect. If so....maybe it could be a gallbladder issue

I can tell you that coconut oil makes me feel the same way. Can you expand more on it being a gallbladder issue?

Also I don’t mind the taste of fish oil so the flavor is if of no concern to me. Moreso how my body reacts. Given how my body currently reacts it seems to cause inflammation rather than reduce it.

I would appreciate any of our more experienced vets input on this as it’s extremely uncomfortable going from constipation to multiple occurrences of diahrea. Then again I do have a sensitive stomach as alcohol can do this to me as well

I can tell you that coconut oil makes me feel the same way. Can you expand more on it being a gallbladder issue?

Also I don’t mind the taste of fish oil so the flavor is if of no concern to me. Moreso how my body reacts. Given how my body currently reacts it seems to cause inflammation rather than reduce it.

I would appreciate any of our more experienced vets input on this as it’s extremely uncomfortable going from constipation to multiple occurrences of diahrea. Then again I do have a sensitive stomach as alcohol can do this to me as well

Well....the gallbladder stores bile from your liver. When you eat fats it releases that bile in order to digest it. That bile is then supposed to travel back to the liver instead of in the intestines. If it makes it to the intestines it wreaks all kinds of havoc. If you have a sluggish or non functioning gall bladder, or stones, this could cause diarrhea or other issues

I use the Vitamin Shoppe Brand (Lemon Flavor), you can add some protein shakes

Just chiming in, I guess. But I have a heart for anyone suffering from bowel issues. I have discovered that I can eat no fish. They all seem to give me diarrhea now, and not always with any warning. Seems like shellfish are ok though. For the OP maybe try krill oil.

I use the Vitamin Shoppe Brand (Lemon Flavor), you can add some protein shakes

Me too. I have 4 shakes at work today because i got up late.
2 scoops ON GOLD STANDARY WHEY - extreme milk chocolate
1 cup quick oats
5 grams lemon flavor fish oil

It tastes real good !

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member