YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else get diahrea from fish oil? How to tolerate it?

superbigd

Registered
Hey guys
I take krill oil capsules and they work but when I try and drink fish oil for some reason my stomach just hates me! And it’s really good quality too. I wonder if there’s anything I can try or do to overcome the stomach distress?

What about you guys

Hey guys
I take krill oil capsules and they work but when I try and drink fish oil for some reason my stomach just hates me! And it’s really good quality too. I wonder if there’s anything I can try or do to overcome the stomach distress?

What about you guys

I add 5.75 grams of liquid fish oil to 3-4 protein shakes per day.
I digest it very well.
Have you tried more than one brand?
I use the vitaminshoppe brand with lemon flavoring.

I'm planning to switch over from carlesons capsules to the liquid. I heard vitamin shoppes is basically carlesons with a lower price tag.

Never experienced the shits with fish oil though.. Are you taking it with carbs at all?

I'm planning to switch over from carlesons capsules to the liquid. I heard vitamin shoppes is basically carlesons with a lower price tag.

Never experienced the shits with fish oil though.. Are you taking it with carbs at all?

I take 5.75 grams fish oil, 2 scoops ON WHEY, 1 cup quick oats.
The vitaminshoppe tests it so no mercury. It’s Icelandic.

I love when people attempt to spell diarrhea lol.

I take 5.75 grams fish oil, 2 scoops ON WHEY, 1 cup quick oats.
The vitaminshoppe tests it so no mercury. It’s Icelandic.

I'm going to pick some up.

What brand are you using OP?

I don't get diarrhea, I sometimes get the fishy burps-- it's disgusting. I use Carlson liquid fish oil, fill up a nice sized shot glass and down the drain it goes.

I could always try the #yolo approach and just keep taking it hoping my body at some point adjusts. When you guys say grams how many teaspoons or tablespoons is that at any given time?

I could always try the #yolo approach and just keep taking it hoping my body at some point adjusts. When you guys say grams how many teaspoons or tablespoons is that at any given time?

A tablespoon is 14.3 grams.
A teaspoon is 4.8 grams

So you take one teaspoon? If I remember correctly I was taking 1 to 2 tablespoons

Tried one teaspoon last night for the first time in a month. I actually think it constipates me slightly.

I've been taking 6 to 10 Grams a Day of Liquid Fish Oil for over 10 years, and it's Never Ever given me Diarrhea.
I use either Carlson's or The Vitamin Shoppe Brand (Lemon Flavor)............. JP
P.S.
Thinking it's more a reaction to something you are eating around the time you take your Fish Oil.

Excellent brand. You may need to try and go with gels though.
Update -
So I tried a TEASPOON, 1 teaspoon, once a day over the past three days and it undeniably gives me constipation which later turns into diarrhea and nausea and extreme bloat. What gives? I have tried liquid fish oil many times over the years and every time I wind up regretting it because of the symptoms mentioned above.

Do you think i might have some sort of fat malabsorption? BTW when i took the fish oil over the past two days, each time i took them with digestive enzymes. The same thing happens when I eat eggs, just to a somewhat lesser degree. Only reason i would rule out the fat malabsorption is that I use whole milk in my coffee in the AM and it gives me no issues.

If anyone has a similar experience or suggestions I would really appreciate it as it is extremely uncomfortable for me.

I usually just blame it on the protein shakes or caffeine. You taking either of those? I honestly don't care what kind of shits I take as long as I gain weight.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws