over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Else Hate the Blinking?

This site is a business! Unless you run and operate your own company than you really have no right to give input on the direction of the site. You probably have no idea what it takes to make payroll, pay utilities, marketing, attorney fees, uncle sam and list goes on and on.

People think if a business brings in a 100K per month the owner is rich but that is not the case.....OVERHEAD is a real bitch!

without the sponsors i will not have gotten cheap good drugs
in my contry it cost alot on this site it is really cheap love

i dont care if they blink i just scroll down :)

have to say love tht we do have a voices in this,and th color red and blinking does catch ur attention faster,notices advertizment sign, i just scoll down faster but th first time i did slow down and look closer to see what was happening,i check th sponcer pages and go whats on th feedback tht what truly hook me,just my say

Not that big a deal folks...

IMHO, it's not a big deal (and definitely is effective at bringing attention to these sponsors!).

Even if I found it annoying, I definitely wouldn't base my purchase decision on whether/not an add was annoying. If quality + price + reputation was right, they got my biz. And I certainly wouldn't bitch about it, cuz I'm guessing those adds play a large part in keeping such an awesome forum free to join!!!

The only way I could see this getting annoying is from a functional standpoint, as some have mentioned, if they primarily rely on cell phones to access the Internet and the ads prevented/greatly slowed down access to the forum posts.

I can't believe this thread is still going. What an absolutely stupid thing for you guys to bitch about. With all this site has to offer us, at no cost to us, and you're bitching about the sponsor banners. Just remember, without those sponsors, we wouldn't have this board.

I can't believe this thread is still going. What an absolutely stupid thing for you guys to bitch about. With all this site has to offer us, at no cost to us, and you're bitching about the sponsor banners. Just remember, without those sponsors, we wouldn't have this board.

Totally agree!

...actually, the sterile syringes one was very helpful, since I need to order more; too bad they don't carry the ones my rats like! :( :D

Watch the disrespect!!

I'll say this much...Voicing your opinion is one thing, throwing out attitudes and disrespectful comments is another!

From now on, anyone I see throwing out cocky-ass responses will be banned, just like I did to Mota here.....

I'll say this much...Voicing your opinion is one thing, throwing out attitudes and disrespectful comments is another!

From now on, anyone I see throwing out cocky-ass responses will be banned, just like I did to Mota here.....

I agree.

It may not be the flavor most like, and i'm sure Big A will take everybody's opinions into consideration (or maybe not...lol), but "IMO," to me, it isn't THAT big of a deal. It's not like once you get to the posts and threads, you even see them.

LOL @ complaining disrespectful at a site that is FREE:banghead:

BMJ

:yeahthat:As it should be.

Hey, I just noticed if I hit the little red X by my address bar the blinking stops! Should save someone from having a epileptic seizure!

Well said Jello, get em boy! :)

Homun - thanks for your input. That kind of stuff is what I always appreciate.

Glad to hear. I appreciate having the board around, too.

(It occurred to me that in one of the earliest iterations of a website I had for my old gym, I had a bunch of flashing stuff on it and got some constructive feedback about overdoing that, so I think that might be why I noticed it. I was designing that website on my own using the limited templates of the ISP - very few layout options... I had shit blinking all over the place!!! LOL)

-S

Hey, I just noticed if I hit the little red X by my address bar the blinking stops! Should save someone from having a epileptic seizure!

Hey, it did work!:cool:

First:

This is the only forum I frequent and I would pay if it becomes necessary to keep it viable. With that said, I would not want the banners removed as they provide a valuable service.

I think that Homonunculus post is right on the money but I will offer I slightly different viewpoint on it. I think the flashing banners absolutely made me notice those sponsors more because with very few changes, the screen fades into the background for me over time. We get used to the message and we do not "hear" it anymore.

I would suggest incorporating several of the suggestions of Homonunculus in serial fashion each quarter or so just to change things up and get the sponsor ads noticed instead of becoming background noise. It seems to be the change in presentation itself that brings it up on our radar.

Let me re-iterate, I merely offering my input in this manner and do not pretend to be an expert.

I'd pay too, just to keep this board from getting like others I used to visit!

This board will never become like 'others'. It's too well moderated and by people who actually know wtf they are talking about.

Doesn't bother me at all! It's my choice if I want to stare at it.

What happend to these shirts you speak of BigA? Still got them?

This site is a business! Unless you run and operate your own company than you really have no right to give input on the direction of the site. You probably have no idea what it takes to make payroll, pay utilities, marketing, attorney fees, uncle sam and list goes on and on.

People think if a business brings in a 100K per month the owner is rich but that is not the case.....OVERHEAD is a real bitch!

business isnt rocket science. I have my own payroll, pay utilities at my office and home, have many attorneys and im an accountant. Not only do I do this for my business but all my clients who are too lazy to do it themselves.

Maybe thats why I posted, cause in RL im the one telling my clients they made a poor decision, but then again, i get to see all their numbers before I make an assumption. Without seeing numbers plummeting to warrant mega ad sales to cover costs then i really cant say much, or if your just making a little extra cash before christmas who is to judge, all i was saying is that it is annoying. take the criticism and move on.

perhaps I should have aimed the post at the sponsors who thought it would be a good idea to get their name flashing all over a site when actually they are most likely hurting their business by doing it.

J

you bitching about other people bitching is even better!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131