advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else have Oral Allergy Syndrome(allergy to certain fruits)??

Fitness 500

Banned
I've always had bad allergies to pollen and most nuts and quite a few other things. A few months ago during the summer I wanted to enjoy eating more fresh fruits that I haven't had in a few years like peaches, plums, nectarines, and cherries but everytime I tries to eat one of these fruits the back of my throught and tongue would get swollen and I would get a burning sensation in my ear canal.

My allergest told me that the only thing that can be done is for me to avoid these type of fruits just like the other things I'm allergic to.

Does this happen to anyone or does anyone know they have Oral Allergy Syndrome? I'm just trying to see if this is something common or not.

I've always had bad allergies to pollen and most nuts and quite a few other things. A few months ago during the summer I wanted to enjoy eating more fresh fruits that I haven't had in a few years like peaches, plums, nectarines, and cherries but everytime I tries to eat one of these fruits the back of my throught and tongue would get swollen and I would get a burning sensation in my ear canal.

My allergest told me that the only thing that can be done is for me to avoid these type of fruits just like the other things I'm allergic to.

Does this happen to anyone or does anyone know they have Oral Allergy Syndrome? I'm just trying to see if this is something common or not.

My daughter who is almost 6 has that problem. Pineapple, banana, mango, and some others. We carry around an epipen and she has one at school too. Her throat and ears will start to feel itchy and her mouth feels weird with some hives and most of the time she will vomit and all better. A couple times it has spiraled out of control and once it actually almost became fatal; got her to the hospital just in time. The doctor has said there isn't much you can do other than avoid and hopefully outgrow it.

Happens to me with apples , same itchiness in the ear canal and throat

Bananas for me. Make my throat very mucousy and itchy.

Mangos make me itchy and give me red dots in mouth/tongue/throat.

No insane swelling or crazy reaction. Just irritating, thankfully.

I thought I was crazy. Bananas, cantaloupe and celery make my palate itch like crazy. Bananas make the back of my throut very mucousy.

I've got a friend like that. She's allergic to almost all fruits and many veggies. Takes her like 3 days to kill a bag of dried apricots or whatever.

On the upside, she stays lean:eek:

My daughter who is almost 6 has that problem. Pineapple, banana, mango, and some others. We carry around an epipen and she has one at school too. Her throat and ears will start to feel itchy and her mouth feels weird with some hives and most of the time she will vomit and all better. A couple times it has spiraled out of control and once it actually almost became fatal; got her to the hospital just in time. The doctor has said there isn't much you can do other than avoid and hopefully outgrow it.

Sorry to hear your daughter has to through this. It's just the opposite with me as I'm getting more allergies as I get older.

I thought I was crazy. Bananas, cantaloupe and celery make my palate itch like crazy. Bananas make the back of my throut very mucousy.

No bro you ain't crazy. This shit sucks but I have found that I can eat all canned fruit including applesauce without any problems. I just can't eat most fresh fruit that has edible skin. I can't eat bananas but melons don't bother me.

If you can't eat bananas you should look into Plantains. You can't eat them raw like bananas but when they turn black and ripen you can fry or bake them and they are sweeter than bananas.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131