advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anyone else think KAI is going WAY too deep on every move?

Johnny Smiles

Banned
Yeah it looks painfully low IMO. But the guy obviously knows his body alot better than me lol. I dont even do military presses due to the grinding that I get in my shoulders when I do, not to mention the clicking and dislocated feeling I get on bench press when I go too low. My body is built alot weaker than these types of guys though. I wasnt to be able to still press when im 50+. If I went at it like that I wouldnt last till 40

I think Kai knows what he's doing. Since those are 2010 clips and he has not sustained a documented significant injury

looks way to deep for me,id be injured for sure......but then again i think he is very big on flexibilty as well?

I do everything the same way I believe in stretching the muscle as much as possible I'm also young I hope it helps me in the future

I think Kai knows what he's doing. Since those are 2010 clips and he has not sustained a documented significant injury

I have to agree. Everybody is different. If I did that I wouldn't be able to bench for 3 weeks after.

It will catch up to him later in life, if he doesn't slow down.

Imagine what his strength would be if his doses where more the HRT.......?????

Like i type in the other thread

Looks more like full range of motion to me than to "deep". If i saw a guy pushing that much weight doing hun reps i'd be thinking to myself"lower the weights dumb ass and do a full rep". Everyone is different though. Hard to argue with either as they both have great results.I personally do full reps tell i can't and then half rep on the last set. If you can't do the workout right then your probably ego lifting.

Over time I have basically started doing the exact same (with less weight :eek:). I feel more comfortable going all the way down. I have read countless posts by experts saying how it is bad for the shoulder amongst many things. But I just seem to feel the stretch in my chest more. I temporarily pause at the bottom like he does too but never rest the weight... always under full control. My chest seems to be finally improving since I adopted this method too.

Like i type in the other thread

Looks more like full range of motion to me than to "deep". If i saw a guy pushing that much weight doing hun reps i'd be thinking to myself"lower the weights dumb ass and do a full rep". Everyone is different though. Hard to argue with either as they both have great results.I personally do full reps tell i can't and then half rep on the last set. If you can't do the workout right then your probably ego lifting.

couldnt have said it any better

wrong.

that is NOT optimal range of motion. if he didnt go so deep he wouldnt be able to rest and would have to lower weight. ;)
and you can kinda tell he goes too deep and cant get it to lifting position...
not everyone can see this i guess. not everyone knows range of motion.
couple vets up there^ did tho so i'm not crazy :)
oh and not trying to "hate" i just thought it really stuck out in the vid and to me looked dangerous as hell.
starting to feel like a crusade lol. i dont care THAT much just saying that deep of stretch with that much weight would F&%^ me up.
oh and tbh i dont really like his trainer. Dorian made them both look like fools imo when he trained them.
does that dude train anyone else besides kai?
-JS

Last edited:
that is NOT optimal range of motion. if he didnt go so deep he wouldnt be able to rest and would have to lower weight. ;)
oh and not trying to "hate" i just thought it really stuck out in the vid and to me looked dangerous as hell.
-JS

I agree in many ways. This is certainly not optimal and going that low will put the shoulders under unnecessary stress. It's the same with going fully up too... the rom should be much shorter for most. Even though I know all that it still feels better for me personally. The way I do it definately doesn't make it easier either... the opposite. When I don't go fully down I can do more reps and push more weight. That added weight also means greater overload in the target muscle so another reason to do it your way. But everyone is different and I am enjoying my mixed method approach at the moment. Hopefully no injuries ahead for me :eek:

Last edited:
starting to feel like a crusade lol. i dont care THAT much just saying that deep of stretch with that much weight would F&%^ me up.
oh and tbh i dont really like his trainer. Dorian made them both look like fools imo when he trained them.
does that dude train anyone else besides kai?
-JS

I had made a mental note as I read your post to reply about how Dorian made them look like fools. lol - you beat me to it

but yea Oscar was training Vic Martinez last year and some others. Victor's waist blew up during that brief period of time too.. then went away when he dropped Oscar

Impressive strength.. He is comfortable with his rom for those moves.
Very strong bodybuilder. The shoulder press was more like a steep
incline press . Very impressive strength anyway. He is obviously using an angle that feels safe for him and that is smart.
Nice vid thanks for putting it up. T

You guys are saying his ROM should not tough his chest in bench?
Any one notice the bar is hitting the bottom of his chest on incline. Shouldn't he be hitting the middle or upper?

Last edited:
You guys are saying his ROM should not tough his chest in bench?
Any one notice the bar is hitting the bottom of his chest on incline. Shouldn't he be hitting the middle or upper?

I believe you should hit the upper chest on incline unless theres some lil trick i dont know about, lol.

PAUSE

Am I the only one how though
that this headline sound sooo gay, with Kai and going deep.
damn JS you got me there :)

first thing i thought of too i went dam that wide of a grip at his height and that deep looks like snap city. he is very flexible though but it may catch up to him or it may not. he should at least change it up from time to time.

SB

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke