advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anyone else unable to handle preworkout drinks?

beans

Registered
I just recently tried a preworkout drink and I can't handle it. It's called black powder. I almost passed out in the gym and when I got home I ended up puking. I just wanted to try a preworkout for energy since I am always tired when I get in the gym. But that's not an option anymore. Any suggestions of what else to try for a preworkout for energy?

Coffee. Pre-workout drinks make me naseous and I always end up puking it up.

Try just using 1/4 the recommended serving size and go up from there.

Below are the stimulant ingredents. I don't see anything that crazy there.

Proprietary Blend for Neuromodulators for Focus and Intensity

202 mg -Caffeine, Green tea extract, Betaine anhydrous

Are you sensitive to caffeine??

ill try that. didn't think I'd have that issue. I was wrong. how much do you usually drink? 1 cup?

non stim preworkout:

Hemavol, theres some others but this is my fav atm

or

try something like
100-200mg caffeine (play with dose)
50g maltodextrin
10-20g whey isolate/bcaa/eaa/peptopro / whatever you have
5g creatine mono if you have
5-10g glutamine if you have

Hi,

how many scoops/sticks did u take?

stimulant based pre-workouts are very difficult to recommend, as every person tolerance is different.

i would just try something more "simple" with less ingredients but in effective quantity.

or get ur own ingredients and add according to ur needs.

I don't recommend preworkout drinks unless you make them yourself. Preworkout supplements like ECA or those you buy from MP are pretty good (DNC stack, NYC stack).

If you choose to make your own, just do 200-400mg caffeine, 5-10g BCAA, 5g creatine and a sweetener + carbs. Things like NO Xplode, super pump, etc. always made me feel like absolute shit after working out.

renewlyf,
I used half a scoop and that's all it took. I don't know if its the flavoring that made me feel so bad. It's supposed to be a raspberry flavor but ended up tasting like cotton candy. which wasn't too delightful.

I'm thinking of just doing a intra drink. 15g bcaa, 10g glutamine, 10g creatine, and 50g waxy maize. cup of coffee before workout

Last edited:
Most pre workouts make my stomach turn. Which makes any bent over movement a challenge, especially if I'm using my belt. It's a recipe for disaster.

I'm thinking of just doing a intra drink. 15g bcaa, 10g glutamine, 10g creatine, and 50g waxy maize. cup of coffee before workout

Perfect. A cup of coffee is all you need pre workout IMO. Just enough caffeine to energize you and you won't feel like puking either.

caffeine doesn't really hit me at 80mg because I'm ADHD so I have a very high tolerance so I usually have to take some thing with a good bit of kick.

For non stim vasotropin has been really good. I could not believe it either...I actually like a gaspari product. It's been good on my vascularity nothing major on pumps...I should of said that in the beginning.

When I find some time I'll start writing supplement reviews on here. I've had a chance on trying a lot of them out.

Some of those give me the jitters. One I like that doesn't is ON's Amino Energy. It works well without the heart flutter.

All they do is screw with my sleep. Coffee is all you need as far as drinks go

i really do not feel them at all. If i need a pick up i drink some coffee. I have like 3 different tubs of differnt brands in my office just sitting here.

Caffeine is a good drug to teach people who tolerance works. I drink coffee everyday, but only in the morning, and only one strong cup, probably about 200mg. But later in the day, preworkout, I only like about 50-75mg or I feel overstimulated.

In the past, I have had my caffeine tolerance very high, where I would hardly feel 300-400mg. Having it this high probably isn't healthy.

Some people don't "feel" caffeine at all, but those around them can easily tell when they are on it. While it makes you more "hyper" externally, internally it makes everything seem more calm and relaxed. Much like having a high temperature makes you feel like the room you are in is colder than it is.

renewlyf,
I used half a scoop and that's all it took. I don't know if its the flavoring that made me feel so bad. It's supposed to be a raspberry flavor but ended up tasting like cotton candy. which wasn't too delightful.

I like to use Buzzsaw from True Nutrition. Never had any problems with it.

True Nutrition | Buzz Saw (30 Servings)

I use Buzz Saw - Fruit punch - I'll do one to two scoops depending on what time I'm working out. I also add a little extra bcaa and carbs depending on other things :rolleyes:

I drink half on the way to the gym. Fill it back up with water and sip through out my workout.

Last edited:
A half dose of Hemo Rage works for me when I need some extra energy. I don't use it on a regular basis so I never need any more.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws